"Through Delays and Detours, YOU Are Becoming God's Message" Helen Calder

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words "Through Delays and Detours, YOU Are Becoming God's Message" Helen Calder

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

Recently I heard God say, “I am using detours and delays for My glory! I am in charge of twists and turns! I am working all things together for good.”

Have you ever had a vision or an assignment you believed was from God but it didn’t go according to plan?

Sometimes, we envisage a direct path leading to God’s promise, but for a time we find ourselves headed in an unforeseen direction! We may even be knocked back, slowed down, or sidelined for a season.

If you can relate to this, be encouraged, for your heavenly Father knows the end from the beginning and His timing is perfect. Life may take twists and turns, but nothing comes as a surprise to God.

You Are His Arrow

As things slow down we say, “Father, what is happening? I expected a quick outcome.” (Photo via Pexels)

When God gives us a promise, we imagine being propelled into its fulfillment, like an arrow released from a bow! Yet, what often happens is this:

• We find ourselves moving at a slow pace.
    • There may be complications, frustrations and delays.
    • We are stalled in a waiting time we didn’t expect.

But He says, “Beloved one, you are still My arrow. Though you have been hidden for a season, you won’t miss your timing, or your target. For your trust is in Me—and you are in My hand.”

“…Before I was born the Lord called me; from my mother’s womb He has spoken my name. He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of His hand He hid me; He made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver. He said to me, ‘You are My servant, Israel, in whom I will display My splendor.'” (Isaiah 49:1-3 NIV)

The Paper Clip

This is the heart of God. He says, “I am turning around the circumstances of those who have been turned-aside! The delay is subject to My design. You will see the greater glory!”

As I was praying about this, I was perceiving an arrow, but then it changed shape! It turned into a paper clip. This was no ordinary paper clip, however. It was glorious—both silver and gold at once as it moved in the light.

This clip held documents, messages handwritten by God, and I knew that, mysteriously, the arrow and paper clip were one and the same.

Maybe that life-direction which you thought would be straight as an arrow has instead taken twists and turns. Just as a paper clip with its particular shape is designed to hold documents, your pathway is shaping you to carry a message.

God says, “Beloved, you are My messenger! While you see the mystery, I am seeing a vessel being prepared for My glory. For you are not only going to carry My message, you are becoming My message.”

Becoming God’s message is a journey. Receiving the imprint of His Word, His heart, takes time. It is revealed through trials and testing; through the twists and turns, it shines like gold. He says, “I have more to give you—greater things to entrust to you.”

“You show that you are a letter from Christ, delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.” (2 Corinthians 3:3 AMP) (Photo via Unsplash)

God Uses Detours and Delays

Sarah’s Promise:

Sarah endured decades of barrenness, long journeys, and was taken into custody by foreign rulers who desired her beauty. Both she and her husband Abraham made mistakes, but none of these halted God’s purpose, and Isaac—their son of destiny—was born in Sarah’s old age.

Joseph’s Destiny:

No twist or turn—not even abuse, slavery, slander or imprisonment—could hold back the fulfillment of God’s destiny for Joseph’s life. What people meant for evil, God used for good.

Peter’s Leadership:

Peter saw a straight line towards leadership. He was called, He was chosen, He was destined. But Jesus allowed a spiritual attack that led to Peter’s denial of Him.

Jesus had the bigger picture in mind—His Father’s image of who Peter was becoming. After those twists and turns, a humbler Peter emerged, who now had the character for God’s assignment. Peter not only carried a message. He became that message. God’s redeeming grace was now his personal testimony, and Peter was equipped to carry the spiritual authority God assigned to him throughout the years ahead.

Your Father has not forgotten you. Even when the opposite of your destiny seems to be happening, He is faithful. God’s promise to you holds power, and He will use every detour and delay to fulfill His promise and bring Himself glory. (To Subscribe to the Elijah List subscribe here.)

Helen Calder
    Enliven Ministries
    Email: 
    helen@enlivenpublishing.com
     http://www.enlivenministries.net

Helen Calder is a prophetic minister and writer, and founder of Enliven Ministries, a part of the David McCracken Ministries family. Helen has a unique gift of equipping in the areas of hearing God’s voice, prophetic ministry and prayer. She is known for Enliven Blog, an online prophetic training and mentoring resource that reaches thousands of people globally. Helen and Malcolm have been married for 36 years.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar