The Watchers of Heaven: Breaking Through In Prophetic Worship – by John Belt

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words The Watchers of Heaven: Breaking Through In Prophetic Worship – by John Belt

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

The Watchers of Heaven: Breaking Through In Prophetic Worship

Hebrews 1:6-7, And again, when He brings the firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.” Of the angels He says: “He makes His angels spirits, and His servants a flame of fire.”

I recently had an encounter where the Lord showed me how, in specific terms, the “watchers of Heaven” or angels of God accompany the prophetic aspect of worship. The “watcher” which comes from the Aramaic word “îyr” is a specific type of angel that functions as a guardian, also noted as a “waking, wakeful one, protector, or watcher angel.”

In this I saw that the blessing of the Lord was specifically “increased” and by my personal study was “protected” because of these watcher angels. It was clear that they were very much activated and engaged in the prophetic aspect of worship. There are other types of angels activated by this worship as well, but this was a revelation specifically about of the “watchers of Heaven.”

Daniel 4:13, “And behold, I saw in the visions of my mind as I lay on my bed, an angelic watcher, a holy one, descended from Heaven.”

Worship in Spirit and in Truth

John 4:23-24, “Yet the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth. For the Father seeks such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.”

God is looking for those who worship Him in spirit and in truth. What we can pull from this passage is that God is not wanting merely mental assent but the breath (pneuma) within us with a value for that which is true, honest, righteous and that which forms that nature of God in our lives. He wants more than a worship song. Worship songs are good, but truly they are to serve as launching pads for us to go into a place of spontaneous worship to the Lord.

As a psalmist, David understood the realm of new songs that flowed out of a heart of love for God (Psalm 33:3, 40:3, 96:1, 144:9). If we are just singing a song with only the mind involved then we are not engaging in true worship. The worship the Lord is looking for is that which flows from a pure heart that is full of love for Him. In this place new and free expression occurs as we give our whole hearts to worship God. (Photo via Wikimedia Commons)

Angels Connect to Our Worship

Revelation 7:11-12, All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures and fell on their faces before the throne and worshipped God, saying: “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”

The angels are intimately connected to our worship. Because worship is the atmosphere of Heaven, their activity increases on earth as we come into union with the songs and sound of Heaven. It is here that we start to experience “Heaven on earth” because not only are we praying His Kingdom come and will be done on earth as it is in Heaven, but we are engaging the realm of Heaven to be manifested on the earth through our worship to God.

It is actually a double-whammy because the breath of God is being released through us as we are temples of the Holy Spirit with Him inhabiting our praises. Then the angels are activated in that atmosphere we are releasing and causing an even greater manifestation of the Kingdom of Heaven on earth.

Prophetic Worship – God Breathes In Us and Upon Us

Where does worship become Prophetic? To really understand this it helps to look at the meaning of the word prophet. There are different kinds of prophets but essentially it is to be “inspired” by God. To be inspired is to receive the life breath of the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit or Presence of God within us.

Job 33:4, “The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty has given me life.”

When God breathes in us and upon us, we are receiving His inspiration. It is the most intimate connection. It is mouth to mouth. If you were to ask someone to give you their breath it is a very intimate connection. Just imagine God resuscitating you, bringing you back to life. This is the picture. Once you have received the breath of God in your lungs you are revived and made alive by that inspiration. Because of this our goal in worship is not just to sing a song to God but to get to such a place of intimate connection that inspiration takes place where we receive a deposit from Heaven.

The result of being inspired by God brings us into alignment with His thoughts, His heart and brings a flow of true worship in our lives. He is looking for those who want to be “one” with Him in worship. God wants to enjoin Himself with us in such a way that Heaven on earth will be manifested. This is the way to prophetic worship. Here the heart and mind of God flows in the midst of His people. The voice of God being released through us in worship causes the angels of God to be activated, ushering a greater realm of His glory in our midst.

Since this is the case, prophetic worship is an amazing expression of the heart that causes angels that excel in strength to help us breakthrough in every way imaginable. There really is no limitation to the type and level of breakthrough that can occur as we come together in unified worship like this.

Worship Activates Angels of Breakthrough

Not too long ago I had an encounter with a “breakthrough angel” where he told me that the worship we engage in is much more powerful than the multitude of prayers and decrees because of the realm of breakthroughs that occur with the presence of the angels in worship. This is not to discount the need for prayers and decrees as prophetic worship serves as a strong foundation for these things as well and they are needed. (Photo via Stock-Free)

We want to go for maximum impact instead of beating the air with little result. When we understand that prophetic worship is not only something that flows from our intimacy with the Lord, but also aids our lives through activating angels of breakthrough – it will be revolutionary for us giving us victory from glory to glory. Where are you needing breakthrough? Spend time in that prophetic expression of worship both personally and corporately holding all that concerns you before Him.

1 Corinthians 1:9, “God is faithful, and by Him you were called to the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.”(To Subscribe to the Elijah List go here.)

John and Brandi Belt
    Overflow Global Ministries

office@overflowglobal.com
    http://www.overflowglobal.com

Overflow Global Ministries is the ministry of John and Brandi Belt. The heart of their message is that God’s greatest desire is to indwell His people with His presence. They believe that man was created to be inhabited by God through His Spirit. With a sincere devotion to God through the Holy Spirit, people can live in a place of overflow in His presence. This overflow translates into touching the lives of others through living encounters with God. When John and Brandi minister, the intimate presence of God is manifest – being accompanied with demonstrations of God’s power to heal, revive, and restore.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Ron McGatlin.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Ron McGatlin.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar