Keymaster

George and Bonnie Delo

Power for Today Prophetic Ministries

P.O. Box 238

Toronto, OH 43964

Gideon’s 300 – October 2018

Dear Friends,

Something to Think About

Isaiah 64:7 (NKJV)  And there is no one who calls on Your name, who stirs himself up to take hold of You; for You have hidden Your face from us, and have consumed us because of our iniquities.

Hosea 5:15 (NKJV) I will return again to My place till they acknowledge their offense. Then they will seek My face; in their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.”

This was one of the greatest indictments against the children of Israel: they no longer looked to God as the foremost necessity of life. They turned away from the true and living God to worship other gods. This sin resulted in captivity and even death. And yet in the midst of affliction they refused to stir themselves up to seek God and return to Him in humility and brokenness of heart.

We are seeing the same pattern in today’s church. God’s people have turned from truly following Him to other gods of this world: 2 Timothy 3:2-4 (NKJV) For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, . . . , lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God. Instead of being a separate people dedicated to the service of God, much of the church has embraced the gods of this world in pursuit of fulfilling the lusts of the flesh.

And like with Israel, God has forsaken His people and His house has become desolate of His presence and power. Idolatry in all of its forms and fashions is the root of all sin. That sin hardens the heart and cools the love so that people depart from the living God and no longer have that intimacy He requires. God no longer has the preeminence and first love of His people. Church becomes about satisfying the lusts of the people rather than the true worship of God. As John declared: 1 John 2:15 (NKJV) Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

God tells us the solution: acknowledge the offense; turn from wicked ways through repentance; and stir yourself up to seek the Lord and take hold of Him once again. Go back to the cross in humility and contriteness of heart and be delivered from this captivity to sin. As Joel admonished the people:

Joel 2:1 (NKJV) Blow the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble; for the day of the LORD is coming, for it is at hand: Joel 2:12-13 (NKJV) “Now, therefore,” says the LORD, “Turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.”  So rend your heart, and not your garments; return to the LORD your God, for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness; and He relents from doing harm.

Revival Prayer: Isaiah 64:7 (NKJV)  And there is no one who calls on Your name, who stirs himself up to take hold of You; for You have hidden Your face from us, and have consumed us because of our iniquities.

Lord, give me a heart to pursue You, to stir myself up to take hold of You as the foremost necessity of my life. Lord, I set my face, I set my heart and mind to passionately pursue You for a greater release of Your presence in my life and for the effectual working of Your great power in and through my life and ministry that Your glory would be revealed on this earth. Bring me into the fullness of Your weighty, heavenly glory. Bring me into the river of Your anointing, saturated with Your precious presence. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Discipleship

I hold an online Bible Study the first and third Tuesday of each month. You can join us on Facebook Live at 7:35 PM EST or by phone: call (641) 715-3272 and use code 825594# when prompted. You can also watch the videos of these teachings on my Facebook page or on YouTube. Just put “George Delo Power for Today Prophetic Ministries” in the YouTube search engine and videos will pop up.

We have moved into a new season of greater glory as the Lord is manifesting Himself for the purpose of bringing in the harvest before the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. We have been called as part of the fivefold ministry for the perfecting of the saints for the work of ministry. Many of the places that we go are very poor compared to the United States. We need your prayers and financial support to enable us to go to the multitudes regardless of their ability to sow into this ministry. If you would like to help us with this you can send your gifts through PayPal (ggdelo@gmail.com) or by mail: Power for Today Prophetic Ministries, P.O. Box 238, Toronto, OH 43964.

May this be a year of revival and refreshing for all the people of God. Thank you for your continued prayers and support. You are greatly appreciated. Be encouraged and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh.

Sincerely,

George and Bonnie Delo

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Ron McGatlin.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar