IN THE SHADOW OF HIS GLORY

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lily Deschamps
    Participant

“For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.” (The Book of Romans)

Yesterday while flying to a questionable destination, I looked out the plane window and saw something beautiful that I had never seen before in all my flying years. There in the clouds was a beautiful and bright colorful full circle rainbow; in fact, it was three encircling rainbows. Inside the circle, in the middle of the three rainbows, was an object. It was the complete shadow of the plane. These were moments in time when your breath just gets stuck a little and you once again realize the unfathomable supremacy of GOD as Creator.

Sometimes some visible things make such a deep impression that it moves one to seek its meaning in a more profound way. Equipped with the following verse in mind: “IT IS THE GLORY OF GOD to conceal a thing but the honour of kings to search out a matter,” I began an online search and found its cause and name. In brief a rainbow occurs only when there is sun, rain and clouds. Typically, the sun’s rays enter raindrops in the clouds wherein they are refracted and bent into shape. But for a circular rainbow to take shape with the plane’s shadow imprinted directly in the center, the sun must be positioned directly behind or directly on top of the plane at a particular angle. And depending where in the plane one is seated, the shadow of the plane will be seen in a different position; sometimes extending out of the middle circle. Because I was sitting right next to the wing, I saw the plane completely encircled in shadow form in the center of the rainbows. As for the name of this circular rainbow, it is technically called the “GLORY”. But when it is seen by the conducting Pilot, it is called “THE GLORY OF THE PILOT.”

Link: Airplane glory – about middle of the video:

Picture: Airplane glory

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/droplets/glorair.htm

Biblically and on a more profound and meaningful level of understanding, seeing the “GLORY” of the rainbow confirms, by analogy, GOD’s covenant with HIS people. It is a token of the perpetual covenant that would later be ratified by the protective Blood of the slain Lamb and resurrected Lord and King in remission of mankind’s sins:

“And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, FOR PERPETUAL GENERATIONS: I do set MY BOW IN THE CLOUD and it shall be for a token of A COVENANT BETWEEN ME AND THE EARTH. And it shall come to pass, WHEN I BRING A CLOUD OVER THE EARTH, THAT THE BOW HALL BE SEEN IN THE CLOUD: AND I WILL REMEMBER MY COVENANT WHICH IS BETWEEN ME AND YOU and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. ***And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth*** And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.” (Gen. 9)

“For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight (with any kind of anxiety) FOR THE LORD WILL GO BEFORE YOU AND THE GOD OF ISRAEL WILL BE YOUR REARWARD (In the case of the “GLORY” the Light of the Sun must typically be positioned in the rear). HE shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men: So shall he sprinkle many nations (the Lord Jesus Christ’s blood sacrifice and cleansing power of the Holy Spirit made available through Him by GOD our FATHER) the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider” (Is. 52:11-15 X-ref with Phil. 2:5-11)

“And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire.” (John in Revelation)

All three: the Sun, water and clouds are needed to capture the essence of the Glory that completely encircled the shadow of the plane. Biblically speaking, it can be compared to the Holy Trinity: The solar fire of the SUN can be biblically compared to GOD the FATHER; the Holy Spirit as the cleansing water and the pillar in the Cloud (1 Cor. 10:4) as the Son Jesus Christ and His redeeming blood sacrifice that keeps GOD’s people centered and protected in the shadow of His mighty wings. I am encouraging you, the genuine Believer, to trust that the Lord of Lords and King of Kings will bring you through whatever situation and condition you are confronting. He will make a way passable for you. Have continued and persistent Faith and Belief that the Pilot of your soul will bring you through the things that you must cross and confront in order to arrive at your final destination.

Praise GOD and thank you Lord Jesus the Christ.

“**IT IS THE GLORY OF GOD** to conceal a thing but the honour of kings to search out a matter.” (Proverbs 25:2)

Keep the Faith in Him and His finished works,
    Suzanne

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar