In the Face of Opposition: A Great Wave of Courage is Coming! By Darren Canning

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words In the Face of Opposition: A Great Wave of Courage is Coming! By Darren Canning

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

textonly

In the Face of Opposition: A Great Wave of Courage is Coming! By Darren Canning

I am prophesying today that there is a wave of courage coming into the Church. There are people who are about to stand up for Christ like they have never done before in their lives. I declare that many David’s are about to arise! They will not see the mountains of fear that lay in the valley’s below, but they will see with Heaven’s eyes, and begin to declare mountains moving into the sea.

Great Faith is a Strong Weapon

Many people want to think that the weapon David used during the battle with Goliath was the reason that he won that battle. I don’t believe so. The battle was won because David was courageous and had bold faith in God. He saw with Heaven’s gaze and did not fear the giants in the land. The weapon he used was a sling and a stone, because this is all he knew how to use. I believe the weapon would have been nothing in his hand if there was no courage in his heart.

A Word from God strengthens people. It gives them courage to face the trials and tribulations that come their way. A friend of mine recently testified about how he had gone through health challenges in the last year. He was diagnosed with cancer and his hip had to be replaced. This was a man who had been healthy all of his life. He had never faced health issues like this before.

He told me that when he learned about these things, his mind began to race. He said that he began to plan for the worst, but God had other plans. His heart was strengthened by the peace of God that filled him. He knew that no matter the challenge the peace of God would be in his heart.

Be Bold, Be Courageous – Trust in the Power of God

A person who is courageous does not concern themselves with the mountains that are front of them. They can see past these, into the eyes of the Lord. In His eyes, are all the answers you need to face all the things you encounter in life. He will speak to you, and He will tell you that you are more than a conqueror (see Romans 8:37). He will inspire you to believe, in the face of all the opposition that comes your way.

Perhaps you are struggling financially, and God is telling you not to worry, but to trust, and step out in new ways in this season. Your financial situation is simply a Goliath. Believe God, and your victory will be secure. You don’t have to worry about tomorrow because tomorrow will take care of its own problems (see Matthew 6:34). God wants you to believe for more, and this takes courage. He wants to grow your faith, but you will have to flex the “faith muscle” to achieve the things that He will inspire you to do.

Build Up Your Faith Muscle

A man came to Jesus with a demon-possessed son and said, “‘But if You can do anything take pity on us, and help us.’ Jesus looked at him and said, ‘If you can?’ said Jesus. ‘Everything is possible for the one who believes.’ And then the boys’ father responded to Jesus saying, ‘I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!'” (Mark 9:22-24 emphasis mine)

When we lack faith and courage, we must always turn to the Lord. He will strengthen us in the face of our adversity. He will give us hope when there seems to be no hope. If you don’t believe, be transparent with the Lord. Honesty with God is the best path to breakthrough.

Perhaps you don’t believe that God can heal you. Then tell Him. Perhaps you don’t believe that God can provide for you. Tell Him. Tell Him when you feel overcome with fear. Tell Him when you feel anxious. Tell Him when everything inside of you is following fear rather than faith. Your honesty with God will produce the result of increased faith and courage.

Transparency Before God Produces Courage

I believe that as we become transparent before Him, He will give us courage. The disciples in the book of Acts prayed for boldness (see Acts 4:23-31), and they received boldness when the Holy Spirit filled them. Their courage came from God. So our eyes need to be above, that’s where our help will come from.

There are times I lack courage to live the life that God has predestined for me. Yet, I purpose to not let fear stop me from achieving the things that God has for me to do. I pray that God will break all fear off me so that I can stand safely—even in the places where “Goliath” taunts me. I pray for the courage to speak in the face of the enemy’s plans. Our words from the Lord are like David’s stones. They may be light-weight, but when they are inspired by the Holy Spirit, they have the ability to bring the giants down.

I have had visions of stadiums filled with souls clamoring for God. I have had visions that millions will be gathered into the Kingdom of our Lord. Such a vision will require a people to rise in the face of the “politically correct” philosophy of our time (which represents a different “gospel” than we proclaim). We must return to the Word of God in this time so we will boldly preach the Gospel of Christ and who He really is. What God’s Word actually says will strengthen us in boldness and encourage our faith.

Let me pray for you: I declare that you will be filled with fire from on high that will cleanse you from all lies, so that you will stand like the powerful vessel that you are in the Lord. I pray that your life will be shaken by the truth, and that the truth will set you free to become the instrument that God will have you to be. May you become like David, and may you have the courage to face whatever comes your way and to speak the truth in every moment. May the mountains tumble before you, and may the serpents be cut in two. I declare that it will be so in Jesus’ mighty name. Amen! (To Subscribe to the Elijah List go here.)

Darren Canning
    Ministry of Darren Canning
    Email: darrencanning78@gmail.com

Darren Canning is a revivalist preacher who travels throughout Canada, the United States, and the world. His heart is for revival and believes that God will touch lives deeply wherever he travels. He teaches on hearing the voice of God and experiencing the supernatural. Darren’s life was touched powerfully through an encounter with God and he was transformed from an atheistic lifestyle to a Believer in a moment. He has spent 14 years working for the government of Canada as an analyst specializing in transportation issues related to Aircraft Safety and Security. He is married to Lydia and is the father of seven children. He believes that if others experience the God of the supernatural then they too will be changed forever.

Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint these articles in hard copy form, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. We ask only that you keep Elijah List website, email contact info, and author contact information intact.

Elijah List Publications
    http://www.elijahlist.com
    email: info@elijahlist.net

Clu Monroe
    Participant

Very encouraging words. One of my go-to memory verses springs immediately to mind – one of David’s in fact: Psalm 27:13-14

Thank you for posting…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar