No longer will they call you Deserted,
or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah,
and your land Beulah;
for the Lord will take delight in you,
and your land will be married. | Isaiah 62:4

Many have gone through a season of heartache and seemingly great loss; they have radically stepped out in faith, surrendered and obedient to pursue God’s plan for their lives, only to find themselves thrown into a pit like Joseph. Out of jealousy and offense, many who should have stood beside you have turned their backs, leaving you bewildered. None the less, like a brave soldier, you have continued to march forward into what God has called them to do. Through few have walked with you or stood by you, with tears in your eyes, you have continued to bless those who have cursed you, praying, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do” (Luke 23:34).

I believe the Lord is saying, “Like Abraham, you have laid all that is precious to you down on the alter: your personal possessions, relationships, and even your own reputation. I have seen the cost, and I am well pleased with you, My Beloved. Watch now, as your great Defender restores your honor and your name! I am going to restore. Truly, you will receive ‘double for your trouble,’ with nothing missing and nothing broken.

“I am bringing you full circle. You are entering into a season of divine recovery and restoration, and you will be amazed as I restore the things that you once thought were beyond repair. I will mend what was broken, I will bring healthy relationships, and I will soften the hardest of hearts. I have heard your prayers and cries for help, and I am moving mightily on your behalf. Watch now, as I restore your honor and your name,” says the Lord!

Those who go out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with them (Psalm 126:6).