Escape all these things?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Luke 21:34-36 Take heed, yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with the surfeit and cares of this life, so that the Day comes upon you unawares. For as a snare, it will come on all those that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch, ye, therefore and pray always that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and so stand before the Son of Man.

Be careful or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation and the anxieties and that Day will close on you unexpectedly, like a trap. For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. Be always on the watch and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.

Be on your guard, so that your hearts are not weighed down with dissipation and the worries of this life and that Day close down on you like a trap. For it will overtake all who live on the face of the earth. But stay alert at all times, praying that you may have the strength to escape all these things that must happen and to stand before the Son of Man.

Be on your guard, do not let your minds be dulled by dissipation and worldly cares, so that the great Day catches you suddenly, like a trap. For that Day will come upon everyone, the whole world over. Be on the alert, praying at all times for the strength to pass through all that is coming and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.

This interesting Bible passage requires careful examination. It is obvious that it refers to the great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath – the next prophesied event, then eventually, how we will stand in the Presence of Jesus.

We are informed that ALL who live on the earth will experience this coming Day. Only those who are ‘accounted worthy’ or ‘have the strength’, will ‘pass (safely) through’ or ‘escape all these things’, ‘that shall come to pass’ or ‘that must happen’.

So, this great Day of vengeance and wrath, will happen and judging by the current world situation, especially in the Middle East, that may be quite soon.

This Day ‘will come upon everyone on earth’, so it is incorrect to say that it is possible to ‘escape all these things’. We will not be ‘raptured’, or taken to a ‘place of safety’ on that Day. We are told to pray for strength and stay alert during this terrifying time. Before it happens, in the short time that we have left of the present dispensation, we ‘must not let worldly cares weigh us down’, so that the Day does not catch us without fore warning and unprepared. If you know what is coming, you are not shocked and terrified, you make preparations, you stay calm, trusting in God to keep you safe. Isaiah 30:15

Therefore the REB gives the correct translation.

To recap: many prophesies speak of this great and terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, which will come suddenly and unexpectedly upon the whole world. What best fits the descriptions?

Nuclear explosions? No, because even a large bomb only destroys up to a certain radius.

Comet strike? Possible, as that would cause worldwide effects. This will happen during the Tribulation period. Revelation 8:8-11.

Coronal mass ejection? Yes, a massive CME fits all the prophecies and does not leave radiation.

Isaiah 30:26a….the sun will shine with seven times its usual brightness…..

No other explanation that a CME can be inferred from that prophecy. But then;

Isaiah 30:26b… on the Day the Lord heals His people….

The promise is given that on this Day, the Lord will save and protect His righteous people.

Joel 3:16 The Lord roars from Zion and thunders from Jerusalem, so that the heaven and the earth shudder, but He is a refuge for His people, a defense for the Israelites.

Read Psalm 107 for encouragement.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Ron McGatlin. Reason: Removed extra characters
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting this here. I have also posted in on our Facebook Voice of Prophecy page as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VoiceofProphesy/

Psalms 11, 12 & 13     How long, O Lord, will You leave us forgotten, how long will You hide Your face from us?

Save us Lord, for now people are disloyal and unfaithful to their Maker, they tell lies and in their hearts is duplicity and evil. May the Lord make an end to such sinfulness and boasting of how, by their own strength, they will prevail.

The ungodly peoples show off their own achievements and things of little worth win high acclamation. What can a good person do against the insidious assault of all that is true and righteous? Now, the enemies of Your people are preparing their weapons for a surprise attack. In You, Lord, I take refuge; for no one can escape Your wrath by fleeing to the mountains.

<u>Have regard now for Your people, those who revere Your Name and keep Your Commandments.</u> Do not let our enemies say: We have overthrown the people of the Book, do not let them rejoice at our downfall. Now I will arise, says the Lord, for I see the poor abused and the needy call for help. I shall place them into the safety which they long for.

The Lord is in His holy place, on His throne in heaven. He searches mankind, weighing the just and the unjust. He hates those who love violence and He will rain fiery coals amid a blast of great heat, that will reduce them to ashes.  

The Words of the Lord are pure, refined as fine silver or gold. Lord, we look to You for protection, your strong hand will guard us from the attacks of the enemy. As for me, I will trust in Your unfailing love, my heart will rejoice when I am brought to safety. I shall praise and worship my God, for He has granted all that I desire.       Reference REB. Abridged and paraphrased.

<u>Have regard now for Your people, those who revere Your Name and keep Your Commandments.</u>

The faithful Christian people, from every tribe, race, nation and language. Rev 5:9-10

It is them who the Lord will protect on His terrible Day of fiery wrath, as He sends fire amid a blast of great heat to destroy His enemies and set the scene for all that must happen before He Returns for His Millennium reign.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar