Write the Vision and Take Action! Karen Hardin

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words Write the Vision and Take Action! Karen Hardin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

There are many reading this who have heard the Lord speak to you to, “Write it down.” When we write something down it takes something that was just a thought, and when we commit it to paper it is like bringing it from the supernatural into the natural realm.

As I was praying one morning the Lord led me to this verse, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you. The days are coming,’ declares the Lord, ‘when I will bring My people Israel and Judah back from captivity and restore them to the land I gave their ancestors to possess,’ says the Lord.” (Jeremiah 30:2-4)

I knew immediately that this was a word for this hour. Our restoration and ability to move forward is contingent upon our obedient action to write down what the Lord has done and said and to pass it on to our families and to others.

Write it Down and Take Action

As parents (spiritual or natural parents) it is important that we pass on to our children what God has done in the past so that we invest in their future. These become seeds for miracles.

Why is this action so important? Because it prophetically launches something into the spirit realm and takes the supernatural and pulls it into the natural. It establishes His promise of what He has spoken (see Habakkuk 2:1-3).

How many times have you heard someone say, “I want to do so and so someday?” We’ve probably all done that at some time. But a dream stays in the “hope for” realm as days, weeks and then years pass, and we don’t take hold of that dream to write it down to move into the action phase. What makes a dream move from the desire to physical realm? When we begin to write it down and take action to make it happen. It all starts with the obedience to write it down and capture it.

When we write the plan, it moves from a dream/desire to a destined purpose. It becomes a road map. Have you ever taken a step to begin a project only to get discouraged when things begin to go wrong?

Recently, my husband took over a project of building a storage building for my mom, when the builder who started the building had a stroke. Although in full-time ministry, my husband is really good at carpentry and so to help Mom, he offered to come over on a weekend to finish the project.

As he mapped out and wrote down what still had to be done, he determined it would take one full weekend. The only problem was, once he got into the project, he discovered the previous builder had set some things in place that had to be redone. The building would have not been able to withstand Oklahoma winds that blow through if he didn’t make the corrections. (Photo via Pixabay)

What should have been a one weekend project became three. It would have been easy to become discouraged and walk away, but instead my husband pressed in, redid the work that was done incorrectly, and made the building secure so it could withstand any storm. He had to go back to his previous blueprint and budget he had written down in order to begin. In the midst of the challenges he had to sit down several times and look over his notes and make revisions to his plan to stay on track for the desired destination—the completed storage building.

When God gives us a revelation and we write it down, it becomes our road map. It is important that we go back often to make sure we are on target. When we don’t write it down, we can lose part of that vision/revelation. We are told to keep in our minds and heart what He has said. We are to meditate on the Word and keep it in our heart. How can we do that if we haven’t taken the time to write it down? We then are progressing without a road map.

We may find as we encounter challenges—and there will be challenges—that we have to make revisions as my husband had to do on that storage building. But as he went back and referred to the blueprint that he had written down, he was able to finish the project rather than walk away in frustration.

It Instructs and Inspires

This is especially important for our children, those who we mentor and those who are watching our lives. (And there are others watching that you may not even be aware that your life is touching theirs.)

Habakkuk 2:2 says, “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.”

How can someone run with a vision if they don’t know what the vision or the plan is? When we don’t take time to write down a plan or revelation we can’t pass it on to others. As parents (spiritual or natural parents) it is important that we pass on to our children what God has done in the past so that we invest in their future. These become seeds for miracles.

When we write something down it takes something that was just a thought and when we commit it to paper it is like bringing it from the supernatural into the natural realm.

When Joshua was leading the Israelites to take the Promised Land and they had experienced a miraculous victory, they were given instructions to create a memorial so it could be remembered by future generations.

This is an important action of obedience and a prophetic act for the future. When we don’t write down the miracles and blessings of God’s provision in our lives, they are easily forgotten. Not only can we forget over time, but then they are not passed down to instill faith in our families. Miracles from our past become the soil of miracles for the future.

Create Your Altars of Remembrance

Write about the time God healed you or when God provided finances when there wasn’t enough. What about when God delivered you out of an impossible situation? What was a huge miracle at the time can be lost over time when we don’t write it down and review it.

Again, remember that past miracles become the soil for future miracles and provision when we remember and restate (offer praise) for what God has done in the past. It becomes like a fertilizer that works into the soil of our hearts that nourishes the seed of promise in impossible situations. Why? Because we remember what He has done in the past and that He can and will do it again. We see this as we read in the book of Psalms as King David “encouraged himself in the Lord” as he looked back and reviewed all the things God had done for him in the past.

When we are in the midst of challenge and it seems no hope remains, we need to look back and review what God has done for us in the past—for He will do it again. That becomes the power of writing it down.

It is imperative that we write down the vision and markers of God’s miracles in our lives and pass them on to our children and to others. We can see where Joshua did this after taking over as leader after Moses (see Joshua 4:1-7). (Photo via Pixabay)

As you read this word, I know there are many who have been prompted in your hearts to sit down and write a book. To write down what God has spoken to you. You need to act because God can only move forward in our lives where we give Him opportunity. Until we take our step of obedience to do what He has instructed, the dream or revelation remains in the spiritual realm. We need to pull it into the natural realm as we write it down.

Make the Vision Plain

The “book” you write doesn’t have to get published on a broad scale. It may be your journal. Or it may be something that you publish with just ten or twenty copies that you pass out to family members this next Christmas. What an amazing gift!

I was in a writer’s group a few years ago in which one of the women was there to do just that. She was recording the miracles and her journey with the Lord to pass on to her kids. She wasn’t writing with the plan that her book would ever go into bookstores or that it would cost her lots of money to “publish” the book. She was simply writing down a memorial before the Lord to pass on and instill faith in her family of what the Lord had done in the past, so it would plant a vision for her family of what He could do in their future.

Have you written a memorial of what God has done in your life? Are you passing that on to others? God said, “Write the vision and make it plain so that others can run with it” (see Habakkuk 2:2). Did you know that God has a book of remembrance (see Malachi 3:16-18)? If He does, shouldn’t we?

Karen Hardin
    PriorityPR Group & Literary Agency
    Email: Karen@lightandremnant.org

Karen Hardin is an author, minister and literary agent. She is called to exhort, encourage and help raise up the remnant. She desires to empower those who have grown weary so they can reposition to walk in identity and destiny. Her work has appeared in “USA Today,” “World Net Daily,” “Outlook Magazine,” “Charisma,” “CBN.com,” and more. Karen has a passion to help others reach their highest potential and achieve their dreams with the message God has given them. She and her husband, Kevin, make their home in Oklahoma along with their three kids. \

Source: Elijah List Publications
    http://www.elijahlist.com
    email: info@elijahlist.net

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Ron McGatlin.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar