Emboldened by overstated victories, and the madness of the media, the Democrat party will persecute the church with abandon.  I believe we’ll see it almost immediately. The mood—the one that pleases people when Christians are harassed and blamed, is upon us.  I am warning you it’s about to spike, and the mindless ferocity of it will surprise you.

A moment like this is recorded in the Book of Acts: Acts 12:1-3, “Now about that time Herod the king stretched out his hand to harass some from the church. 2 Then he killed James the brother of John with the sword. 3 And because he saw that it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to seize Peter also.”

As I prayed, I experienced colliding emotions of dread and excitement.  The Holy Spirit made it clear that persecution against Christians is going to spike in the United States in the next few months.  He also made it clear that this would touch off a towering flow of miracles of healing.

Satan wants America destroyed.   It is the grand prize.  With America gone, the devil can unleash worldwide devastation.   But the global tyranny that he craves cannot happen until the American firewall is removed.

He also knows that he can only destroy America from within.  Somehow, he must pit us against each other. 

The only deterrent to civil war at this point is Christianity.  Notice that I do not say the church, I say Christianity.  The church is sidelined by equal parts division and denial.  The Christianity seeping out despite religion is the only thing protecting us.

The devil’s weapon of choice is hate.  He must foment hate.  Today, that hate is coming from the very people claiming to be fighting hate: secular progressives, and social justice warriors.  You have seen how the things that were once loving, moral and trustworthy, including marriage, manhood, military service, freedom of speech, witnessing, the Bible and, yes, freedom itself, are now hateful.

God has been lovingly warning the American Church.  He has repeatedly ordered the church to stand as one against immorality, but she has flatly refused.  God now reserves the right to use persecution to wake up the church and spare the nation.

Is there any good news in this?  There is much good news, but only for a certain group.  The core of Christians who refuse to side with the compromised church, and who are seeking Jesus, will be protected and used mightily.  Persecution will backfire!

The boomerang effect is seen in ancient Israel.  Exodus 1:12 says “But the more they were oppressed, the more they multiplied and spread; so the Egyptians came to dread the Israelites.”

After Herod arrested Peter, an angel appeared and brought him out.  This miracle ignited the church.  I am telling you what the Holy Spirit has told me.  Every vessel that seeks God right now will receive greater power and greater miracles.

Call it legend, call me crazy, but I know that this wave of persecution is here.  We can turn it all around.  We can regain lost ground.  Those who disobey God cannot escape this misery and those who obey God will granted special grace and increased supernatural power.

Paul wrote to a worried Philippian church to tell them about the shock outcome of his imprisonment.  It serves as a promise to us of what is about to happen as a result of persecution in America.

Philippians 1:12 “And I want you to know this, dear brothers: Everything that has happened to me here has been a great boost in getting out the Good News concerning Christ. 13 For everyone around here, including all the soldiers over at the barracks, knows that I am in chains simply because I am a Christian. 14 And because of my imprisonment, many of the Christians here seem to have lost their fear of chains! Somehow my patience has encouraged them, and they have become more and more bold in telling others about Christ.”

Writing about the book of Acts Church Matthew Henry said this:  “The persecution that was designed to extirpate the church was by the overruling providence of God made an occasion of the enlargement of it. Christ had said, I am come to send fire on the earth; and they thought, by scattering those who were kindled with that fire, to have put it out, but instead of this they did but help to spread it.” Amen!