"What's Your New Year's Resolution?" Elaine Tavolacci

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words "What's Your New Year's Resolution?" Elaine Tavolacci

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

This afternoon I was thinking about New Year’s resolutions. Making New Year’s resolutions is a tradition in which a person resolves to change a behavior, a habit or make a personal goal to improve their life as they enter into a new year. As I thought about this, the Lord gave me several words about New Year’s resolutions.

Leaving Behind the Outdated and That Which You Have Outgrown

The other day I was cleaning out my closets and setting aside some clothes to donate. The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said that it is time for us to dispose of anything that is outdated, out of style, damaged or outgrown. There are some of you who have outgrown the place that you are in spiritually and it’s time to move on. You have been created for greater things but your growth is stunted.

The Lord gave me an analogy of a plant that was created to be immense but was hindered from growing any larger due to the size of the pot that it was planted in. The roots had taken up the whole pot, therefore the plant couldn’t breathe and it was strangled and restrained. It could no longer hold any water and there was no room for soil. If it stayed in this pot long enough, eventually it would die. In order for this plant to grow to its full potential it would have to be uprooted and replanted. Some of you are restrained just as that plant is. Jesus wants to enlarge the place of your dwelling and take you higher in the new year.

Put on a Fresh Heart and a New Attitude

As we come into this new year, the Lord is requiring us to walk in a new level of holiness. Holiness is not referring to a form of dress or hairstyle, but it is referring to the issues of our hearts. Just when we come to a place of walking in purity, the Lord then says, “Now come up higher. You can’t take some things into the new year that you allowed in the last season. In order to come up higher, you have to remove some baggage.

The apostle Paul told the Corinthian church that they were not ready to receive spiritual things because they were carnal. He rebuked some for walking in strife and division and others who were following people rather than being led by the Holy Spirit.

The Lord wants to restore relationships, heal broken hearts, release people from anger, bitterness, contention and unforgiveness. As we allow Jesus to work in our hearts, our consciences will be cleansed and our minds will be renewed. As we forgive those who hurt us our lives will be restored. It is time to ask the Lord to search our hearts and show us anything that may be hindering our growth process.

As Holy Spirit filled Believers we should not be governed by our five senses or our flesh. As we make our New Year’s resolutions, let’s lay aside any weight and the sin that so easily besets us so that we can run the race and move forward into everything that we are called to do in the year 2020.

Psalm 24:3-4, “Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart…”

Proverbs 4:23 (TPT), “So above all, guard the affections of your heart, for they affect all that you are. Pay attention to the welfare of your innermost being, for from there flows the wellspring of life.”

Elaine Tavolacci
    A Word in Season
    Email: Elaine@awordinseason.info

Elaine Tavolacci resides in Staten Island, New York. She has been a student of the Word for twenty-nine years. She has a prophetic gift as well as a ministry of encouragement, which teaches the Body of Christ to walk in the fullness of what the Lord has called them to. She teaches others how to be overcomers in every area of their lives and understands the power and authority that Jesus has assigned to them. Her ministry, “A Word in Season,” has been an encouragement to others for nine years. She has learned the transforming power of the Word of God and encourages others that nothing is impossible with God.

Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint these articles in hard copy form, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. We ask only that you keep Elijah List website, email contact info, and author contact information intact.

Elijah List Publications
    elijahlist.com
    email: info@elijahlist.net

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar