"There's Been a Backdraft Prepped For The Ekklesia" by Dawn Hill

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words "There's Been a Backdraft Prepped For The Ekklesia" by Dawn Hill

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

“There’s Been a Backdraft Prepped For The Ekklesia”
    by Dawn Hill, Bristol, VA

Recently while attending a conference, I shared with a friend of mine a word I had heard in my spirit a few days prior to this event. As a prophetic voice, releasing words stamped with the Lord’s name is not something I take lightly. I like to talk with a few other seasoned prophetic people so that the word can be judged.

I had heard the word “backdraft” in a time of prayer. My friend and I discussed this word and its meaning, and we talked about a motion picture bearing this same name and how the backdraft related to the Body of Christ. I had no way of knowing that a few hours later, a guest speaker whom I did not know would mention this very term as well as the content of our conversation (which he did not hear) to those attending the conference. The Holy Spirit likes to confirm to us when we are hearing His voice.

The day I heard this word, I immediately looked up the definition. A backdraft is defined as, “A phenomenon in which a fire that has consumed all available oxygen suddenly explodes when more oxygen is made available, typically because a door or window has been opened.” I sought the Lord as to what He was saying, and I realized that we had just stepped into the new Jewish year, 5778. It is the year of the open door.

Prepped For a Spiritual Backdraft

The Holy Spirit revealed to me that a second wind is coming to individuals and to the Ekklesia, and it is coming through the open door. The fire which stirs on the altar of His people’s hearts has been unfortunately contained. The devil is a great fire fighter among the people of God. He does not care about contained fires, but when you start igniting cities, regions, and nations with the power of God, he will try and keep you watered down so that you pose no threat. The spirit of religion will confine within the four walls, convincing many they have all that is needed with “us four and no more” to sustain a meager campfire.

Many are taking the wind from conferences, weekly gatherings and they depend on seasoned leaders to maintain the fire on the altar of their hearts. We can find ourselves using up every bit of wind in those moments only to sustain a flame. We have made the fire more about us and less about Him. As long as we have enough wind to sustain our fire, we remain content. But God does not come with contentment. He comes to agitate the roar of the fire with the desire to consume and to make us consistently combustible.

The Open Door for the Priesthood

This fresh breath of spiritual oxygen has the ability to cause an explosion in the spiritual realm because of the new year upon us in the spirit. This open door has made the Ekklesia a potentially dangerous fire hazard to the powers of darkness. We have been prepped for a spiritual backdraft, a holy explosion of His all-consuming fire.

Let me encourage you today by saying that if you have been positioned in that place where you are maintaining by containment, it is not too late to welcome the open door. Some of you may be taking in one last breath spiritually, evident by the smoke retracting from underneath the door. You feel as if your fire might burn out, but the open door brings a freshness. There’s an eruption coming when the door opens!

I believe that the Lord desires for His people to be that royal priesthood, ones who will lay their lives down on the altar to see Him glorified. As I thought about this spiritual backdraft, I came across Malachi 1:10: “Oh that there were one among you who would shut the doors, that you might not kindle fire on My altar in vain!” This was in a time when Judah’s priests displayed a lack of reverence and faithfulness to the Lord.

God does not want us going through the motions without passion for Him fanning the flames, and He does not want us trying to kindle a fire in vain. His desire is for His holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to Him through Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:5).

He has brought us into a new year with an open door. Let us not squander this time. The devil thought he had some of you idling and contained, but he did not account for an open door. This is a moment for the Church to explode in areas that were deemed extinguished.

Dawn Hill
    Lovesick Scribe

Email: click here

Dawn Hill is a writer and blogger also known as the Lovesick Scribe. The inspiration behind Lovesick Scribe came about a few years ago when she started keeping a journal, following a powerful encounter with God’s presence. Since that time, she has faithfully kept her journal and ministered at times on things that the Lord has given her to release or to meditate upon. Dawn is a wife, a mother, a prophetic voice, and above all else, a lover of His presence. She desires to stir up passion on the inside of you to glorify the Lord, to fall in love with Him, and to hear His voice for yourself. Dawn Hill’s heart and ache is for His presence, and she desires to share His heartbeat with you so that your heart can sync its rhythm with His.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar