When the trumpets sounded, the army shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the men gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so everyone charged straight in, and they took the city. | Joshua 6:20

Many have been battling an extreme hopelessness and a feeling of despair. I especially sense this to be true for the intercessors. The enemy has been working tirelessly to try and wear them down because there is so much in the balance right now, both in their own personal lives as well as on a national level.

I hear the Spirit of the Lord saying, “My people, sound the alarm! Lift your voice and release your battle cry! This is not a time to relent or retreat, rather it’s a time to get loud in your intercession. The kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force (Matthew 11:12). The enemy has a tempted to bombard you and wear you down with warfare and opposition. He has sought to silence your voice by causing you to get wrapped up in despair. My people, it is vital that you pray like never before! There is a great war going on between light and darkness, but know that your prayers and petitions are moving and shifting things in the heavenlies. Pray in the spirit; pray with groans and travailing. Rise above the onslaught and press in, because there is victory on the other side!

“Shake off your slumber; shake off apathy and arise, My bride! Arise and release your sound; release your voice! Pray for your government; pray that righteous men and women will be established in positions of authority and that the wicked will be cut off. My ear is bent towards you, and as I have promised in My Word, ‘When My people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will heal their land’ (2 Chronicles 7:14).

“It is vital that you stay at your post and pray (Habakkuk 2:1). Do not say, ‘I am just one voice,’ for the smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, go up before God from the angel’s hand (Revelation 8:4). Raise the battle cry and sound the alarm! My bride, my ear is bent towards you. Surely your voice will shift nations, and kingdoms of darkness will be forced to retreat at the sound of your voice! Keep storming the gates of heaven, for as you do, the tide will turn. You will see the victory,” declares the Lord of hosts!