Rise Up! It's Time to Become Hope Owners!" by Cornelius Quek

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words Rise Up! It's Time to Become Hope Owners!" by Cornelius Quek

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

textonly

Rise Up! It’s Time to Become Hope Owners!”
    by Cornelius Quek, Redding, CA

Hope-Renters vs. Hope Owners

One morning, right after Christmas, the Holy Spirit whispered to me, “Some are Hope-Renters; others are Hope-Owners. Some approach hope like a visitation; others experience it as a habitation.” It was kind of random but I began to understand what the Holy Spirit was trying to say.

You see, when you rent something, like a car or an apartment, you get to enjoy that commodity for a period, but you don’t own it. It meets the need as long as you keep paying the dues. It is a temporary fix. On the other hand, when you own something, you get to enjoy that permanently. It’s yours to keep. A visitation is short-lived but a habitation is permanent.

Many Believers approach hope like they are “renting” it. They “pay their dues” by asking or crying for hope as if it is something far removed and detached from their experience—something to strive for perhaps. Their hope only lasts for the duration of the time until the next crisis hits, and then they cry out for hope again. I understand that there are times when we are faced with desperate situations, and we need to express our inner turmoil and cry out to God for divine intervention. But there is a radical difference between asking for hope and releasing the hope that you already own that lives inside of you.

A Different Perspective

There is a different perspective of hope that the Holy Spirit wants us to understand that will release the power of God concerning our lives and situations. Romans 15:13 (The Passion Translation) says, “…And may the power of the Holy Spirit continually surround your life with His super-abundance until you RADIATE WITH HOPE!”

The Amplified versions says, “…that by the power of the Holy Spirit you will ABOUND IN HOPE AND OVERFLOW with confidence in His promises.”

These Scriptures seem to indicate a generous level of hope that I observe isn’t the experience and reality of most Believers. We aren’t acquainted with the measure of hope that Heaven has made provision for. From God’s perspective, there is never a lack of hope for everything that life throws at us. God has made provision by the power of the Holy Spirit for us to thrive in hope in all situations. The difference is in perspective…and the key that unlocks that perspective is faith. Faith activates and sets into motion the manifestation of hope that is already ours. We are “Hope-Owners” because the Holy Spirit lives in us. God, the inspiration and fountain of hope, resides in us.

Christ is in us, the hope of glory. Hope lives in us, it does not leave! Hope is not like a tenant in your house. It doesn’t come and go or ebb and flow, or visit occasionally. Hope is a permanent habitation in our lives! Hope comes alive in us when we take our eyes off the gravity of our circumstances and set them on the promises of God and the power of the Holy Spirit.

Releasing Hope

I believe the Holy Spirit wants us to flourish in hope. Whatever you are believing God for in the new year, I believe you will see the manifestation of breakthroughs to the degree that you take ownership of hope in your life. In 2017, instead of praying to receive hope as if you are asking for it from an external source, release hope to your situations from the well that is already inside of you. Speak hope to your dreams that have yet to come to pass.

Proclaim hope to impossible situations. Prophesy resurrection life and hope to dry and dead areas of your life!

Declare with me:

• I will be a Hope-Owner and not a Hope-Renter!

• I will take ownership of hope and it shall never leave me!

• I will release rivers of hope by the power of the Holy Spirit living inside of me!

• I will abound in hope and overflow with confidence in His promises!

• I will speak hope to the dreams that have yet to come to pass!

• I will proclaim hope to impossible situations!

• I will prophesy life and hope to dry and dead areas of my life! (To Subscribe to the Elijah List go here.)

Blessed with hope,

Cornelius Quek, M.Div.
    Founding Director, 7K

Email: info@the7k.org

Founder of 7K, Cornelius Quek is passionate about equipping and mentoring contemporary leaders and culture-makers who know their God and impact every sphere of society. Cornelius was powerfully delivered from a background of Buddhism and pagan idol worship in Singapore. He has traveled and ministered extensively internationally and in the United States. Cornelius graduated from London School of Theology, United Kingdom, earned a Master of Divinity (Hons.) from the world-renowned Oral Roberts University, and is currently completing his Doctorate in Leadership & Ministry, researching on increasing the supernatural in the marketplace. Cornelius and his beautiful wife Tiffany are ordained by Bethel Church in Redding, California, where they serve as Connect Pastors. Cornelius also teaches Bible at church as well as the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry.

Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint these articles in hard copy form, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. We ask only that you keep Elijah List website, email contact info, and author contact information intact.

Elijah List Publications
    http://www.elijahlist.com
    email: info@elijahlist.net

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar