Only a remnant will return

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Isaiah 28:1-8 Alas for the proud people of Ephraim, they are now rich and attractive, but have lost their way through strong drink and lack of understanding. The Lord has a mighty punishment in store, a sweeping storm of hail that will beat down on the earth with violence, trampling down those fading flowers. On that Day, the Lord will be an adornment for the remnant of His people, a spirit of justice for those who stand firm in their faith.

Isaiah 10:20-23 On the Day the Lord destroys His enemies, the remnant of Israel: the survivors of Jacob, will renounce all their idol worship and rely only on the Lord, the Holy One of Israel.  A remnant will return to the God of their strength, the people of Israel, now as many as the sands of the sea, will be judged by the Lord. He will bring about His decreed destruction upon the whole earth.  Zephaniah 3:8, Revelation 6:12-17

Joel 2:30-32 There will be great signs in the sky – fire and smoke, the sun will be darkened and the moon will shine red, before the terrible Day of the Lord comes. Then everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord will be saved. In Jerusalem there will be a remnant, survivors whom the Lord has set apart.

Isaiah 37:31-32 The survivors left in Judah will strike fresh root below ground and bear fruit above. For a remnant of Judah will come out of Jerusalem.

Jeremiah 23:3 I Myself will gather the remnant of My sheep from all the lands to which they have been dispersed. I shall bring them back to their own homes and they will be fruitful and increase.  Ezekiel 34:11-31, Isaiah 35:1-10

Jeremiah 50:20 In those days, at the time of Redemption, a search will be made for the iniquity of the Israelites, but none will be found, for those whom I leave as a remnant, I shall pardon.

Isaiah 11:16 There will be a highway for His redeemed people, the remnant saved from Assyria, as there was when the Israelites came up from Egypt. Isaiah 66:20

Zechariah 8:11 For I do not feel the same now toward the remnant of these people, as I did in former days, They will now live in a productive Land, in peace and safety.                                                      Ref: REB. Some verses abridged.

people of Ephraim’– Ephraim: the leader of the ten Northern tribes of Israel. They can now be identified in the Western nations, now ‘rich and attractive’ but have ‘lost their way’. That is: They have gone away from the Laws of the Lord.

a mighty punishment, that will beat down upon the earth with violence’. This is prophesied over 100 times in the Bible as the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, a punishment that the Lord Himself instigates and  clearly described as a Coronal Mass Ejection: a huge mass of superheated hydrogen plasma exploded out from the sun. Isaiah 30:26, Psalms 11:4-6, Malachi 4:1

‘in Jerusalem a remnant of Judah will survive’– The Lord will protect a group of Messianic Jews. Isaiah 31:5 They will hide underground. Isaiah 29:4

‘ a remnant of Israel will return’ – The Christian Israelites, whether they are true descendants of Abraham or those grafted in and all who call on the Name of the Lord’, will be ‘gathered and brought to the Holy Land’.  Jeremiah 29:13-14

‘They will live in a productive Land’ – The fulfilment of the great promises to all His righteous people. Joel 5:18-20, Amos 9:13-15, Psalms 126:1-6

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar