Let me remind you

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

1 Corinthians 10:1-33

Let me remind you my friends, that our [Spiritual] ancestors were all under the cloud and all of them passed through the Red sea, so they all received baptism into the fellowship of Moses in cloud and sea. They all ate and drank the same supernatural food and water, for they were nourished and guided by that supernatural Rock that accompanied their travels.

That Rock was Jesus Christ.

Yet, most of them were not accepted by God, for the wilderness was strewn with their corpses.

These events happened as warnings to us not to set our hearts on evil things, as they did. Do not be idolaters, like some of them – as scripture says: The people sat down to feast, then indulged in pagan revelry. Exodus 32:6.

Let us not commit fornication, some of them did and 23,000 died in one day.                   Let us not put the Lord to the test, as some of them did; they were killed by snakes.                  Do not grumble, as some of them did; they were killed by the destroying Angel.

All these things that happened to them were symbolic and were recorded as a warning for us, upon whom the end of the age has come. The Church age.

If you think you are standing firm, take care or you may fall. 1 Peter 4:12

So far, you have faced no trial beyond human endurance – God keeps faith and will not let you be tested beyond your powers, but when the test comes, He will at the same time, provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.  Isaiah 41:13

So then, my dear friends, have nothing to do with idolatry. I appeal to you as sensible people, form your own judgement on what I say. You may eat or drink, or do anything else, provided it is all done to the glory of God. Give no offence to Jews or Greeks, or to the church of God. Every faithful Christian, both Jew and Gentile.

For my part, I always try to be considerate to everyone, not seeking my own good, but the good of the many, so that they may be saved.        Follow my example, as I follow Christ’s.

Psalm 39:7-13 Now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You. Deliver me from all who do me wrong and make me no longer the butt of fools.        I was silent, I would not open my mouth, because it is Your doing. I am overcome by Your rebuke. Mankind is but a breath of wind, their wealth and desires melt away.

Hear my prayer, Lord, listen to my cry for help. For I find shelter with You, I am but a passing guest, as my forefathers were. Look on me with favour, that I may rejoice again, before I depart and cease to be.

Ref: Paul’s Letter to the Corinthians, Revised English Bible, abridged.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar