Hunger for God: The Landing Strip of the Holy Spirit – Helen Calder

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words Hunger for God: The Landing Strip of the Holy Spirit – Helen Calder

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

Hunger for God: The Landing Strip of the Holy Spirit

Hunger is a signal that God is setting you up for an encounter with Him. Something new is on the horizon—but before you step into your destiny, it’s time to catch a fresh revelation of who Jesus is, and deepen your relationship with Him.

Your Invitation to Dinner

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.” (Rev. 3:20 NKJV)

The word “dine,” in the original Greek language, means to take the main meal (see Strong’s Concordance).

Jesus is saying, “I want to feast with you. I want to share all that I am with you.”

Right now, God is calling His people back to intimacy with Him, and so we are beginning to experience great hunger pangs from the Holy Spirit.

“Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him.” (Ps. 34:8 NIV)

7 Signs of Hunger for God

Have you been hungry lately? To hunger is to have a strong desire or craving for something. It is that gnawing ache on the inside of you; that sense of need that is not content until it is filled. (Photo via Needpix)

In the first level of hunger, you are becoming aware of your need:

1. You are dissatisfied with the status quo.

Hunger for God is often characterized by a feeling of discontent. You sense you are missing something in your relationship with Him. You are no longer satisfied with the degree to which you have known Jesus. Perhaps your relationship with Him has been drifting. You begin to feel restless in that discontent, for the Holy Spirit is drawing you closer.

2. A past encounter with God stirs longing in you.

You remember a past encounter with God and it stirs hunger in you. You may find yourself yearning for what is behind—the “good old days” of faith.

If you can relate to this, know that God is here for you, both now and in the future. What you have tasted before, can be yours again—and more! For God always has more for you. He will be fresh food for you.

That longing that you have—that hunger—is setting you up for what is to come. You are on the threshold of a divine appointment.

3. You are feeling weak or depleted spiritually.

Awareness of your own spiritual weakness can be painful, but within that trial is an invitation from the Father. For God has a new strength for you that can only be found in Him. When you have been depleted, God will fill you. For there is an infilling that you can only receive as your encounter God in your personal relationship.

Hunger for God is the landing strip of the Holy Spirit! You are on the verge of a new outpouring.

4. You realize you have lost your passion.

One sign of hunger for God is that you become aware you have gone “off the boil” in your faith. You may be able to look back and see a past time in which you were more passionately in love with God than you are right now. Now, you miss the fire and zeal you once had.

This is what happened to the church of Laodicea (Rev. 3:14-22). Once upon a time, their love for Jesus had been their supreme focus, but they had lost their appetite. They had gone off the boil. Now, Jesus was visiting them, knocking on the door—and so He is for you too.

5. You are losing your appetite for other “comforts.”

When you become hungry for God, activities that used to comfort and feed you lose their attraction. Unhealthy substitutes no longer satisfy you as they once did.

You are being drawn by the Holy Spirit to discover that God is your source, your food, your delight, for it’s time to make Him your primary pursuit.

The second level of hunger for God:

Answering Jesus’ knock requires us to move toward the sound of His invitation—and receive Him in. In the second level of hunger, your desire for God leads you to respond to Him. There comes a moment when your hunger exceeds your hesitations. Now, you move toward the door.

6. You are being stirred out of your comfort zone.

“And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” (Jer. 29:13 NKJV)

Hunger is an active state, for it results in you seeking out the object of desire that will satisfy your need. Hunger results in motion! But Jesus’ call to intimacy challenges us. To answer His knock, like Solomon’s maiden, we must stir ourselves from our place of being at rest spiritually (SOS 5:3).

Now, our attitude shifts. Encountering Him becomes more important than our own comfort, for our longing for Him has been awakened. (Photo via Unsplash)

7. You are turning to the Bible to encounter God.

“How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” (Ps. 119:103 NIV)

God reveals Himself through the Scripture—and your hunger for Him will inevitably lead you back to His Word.

In the Bible, you discover fresh revelation about who God is to you, right now! You wonder that you have not seen these truths before. You are partaking of fresh food.

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.” (Matt. 5:6 NKJV)

Your Appointment with Jesus

Hear Jesus say, “I have an appointment with you that will only be kept as you are hungry for Me. I have an appointment with your family, your community, that will only be kept as you seek Me.”

Today, declare, “Lord, I say ‘yes’ to Your call! I choose You. I receive You in, Jesus, that You will be front and center in my life, for You alone satisfy me!”

“I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.” (Ps. 63:5 NIV)

Helen Calder
    Enliven Ministries
    Email: 
    helen@enlivenpublishing.com
     http://www.enlivenministries.net

Helen Calder is a prophetic minister and writer, and founder of Enliven Ministries, a part of the David McCracken Ministries family. Helen has a unique gift of equipping in the areas of hearing God’s voice, prophetic ministry and prayer. She is known for Enliven Blog, an online prophetic training and mentoring resource that reaches thousands of people globally. Helen and Malcolm have been married for 36 years.

Source: https://elijahlist.com

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Ron McGatlin.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar