“God Is Separating the ‘Elis’ from the ‘Elijahs’ Tyler Medina

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words “God Is Separating the ‘Elis’ from the ‘Elijahs’ Tyler Medina

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

The Lord spoke to me the other night about two kinds of fathers in the Body of Christ that He is separating and distinguishing from one another right now: the ‘Elis’ and the ‘Elijahs.’

Eli vs Elijah

Both of these men had similarities in their lives. They were both fathers. They were both called, anointed, and appointed by God. Both of these men walked with the Lord, heard Him speak, and became oracles of God proclaiming His Word. They were both prophets, and both of these men were undeniably loved by the Father.

However, the end of their lives appeared very different. Eli, who was a high priest, would go up every year to Shiloh and worship and honor the Lord, bringing before Him a sacrifice. Though he started off right with the Lord, he began to be blinded and could not see, nor did he have an ear to hear. He allowed his sons to sleep around in the temple of God, and even when Samuel was in the temple and heard the voice of God crying out to him, it took Eli several times before he could even rightly discern it was God speaking.

His heart grew callused, and his sight grew dim. He allowed his sons to run rampant in the house of God, and no longer corrected sin but traded his altar of intimacy for the throne of his sons’ hearts. He traded holiness and the glory of God for momentary satisfaction. Though he was a “seer,” he could not see. With that, the word of the Lord (of which he did not take heed) was delivered to Eli and came to pass. While in battle, his two sons were killed and the ark of God was captured. Hearing of this news, Eli fell backward in his chair, breaking his neck. He died still blind to what was around him. (Photo via Wikimedia Commons)

Then we have Elijah, a man of courageous and bold faith; a man that called down fire on Mt. Carmel and dealt with the injustices in the land; a man that walked with God in total fear and reverence for His presence.

One day, Elijah and his servant Elisha were walking along the Jordan. The fifty sons of the prophets had just questioned Elisha saying, “Do you know that the LORD will take your master away from you today?” Elisha responded to them saying, “Yes, I know it; keep quiet,” and continued on with Elijah saying, “I will not leave you” (see 2 Kings 2, emphasis mine).

As Elijah walked with Elisha, he took off his coat and struck the waters of the Jordan. They then crossed over supernaturally onto dry ground. After he got him away from all the chatter and all the noise, Elijah proposed a question to his servant Elisha, asking, “What do you ask of me before I am taken?” Elisha responded back to him saying, “I want a double portion of your spirit upon me.” Elijah then turned to Elisha and said, “You have asked a hard thing; yet, if you see me when I go, it shall be done for you” (see 2 Kings 2:10, emphasis mine).

Now, why did he say, “You have asked a hard thing”? I believe, in that moment, after being proposed that question, Elijah began to recount all that he endured and went through to carry the measure of anointing on his life. Yes, we know of his great triumphs and victories in the Lord; but the same man that called down fire on Mt. Carmel and killed the prophets of Baal was also found, at one time, under a juniper tree, begging for the Lord to take his life. A man that walked in great power and anointing was found feeling alone, wondering if there was anyone left in the world that still served God.

In this moment of questioning, I believe that all these scenarios began to be recounted in Elijah’s head—the cost of the anointing—because how can any man build anything unless they first count the cost? And he didn’t respond by saying, “If you prophesy like me… If you know the Scripture like me… If you have money and wealth…” No, the requirement for inheritance was, “Can you endure to the end? Can you finish the race set before you?” Paul also spoke on this matter saying, “I have finished the race set before me, and I have KEPT the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7, emphasis mine).

The Power of Finishing Well

See, it’s not just about whether you start in holiness, but can you finish in holiness? Can you run the race set before you with endurance and finish the race well—not being blinded by what’s around you and the things of this world? Greed, lust, and power come to destroy the children of God, but I urge you to keep your eyes fixed on Him. Jesus did not say, “Because of your ability to preach or prophesy they will know you’re My disciples.” He said, “Because your LOVE for each other” (John 13:35, emphasis mine). Real love chastises, real love corrects, and real love does not allow the continuation of sin within the camps of God.

Real love doesn’t trade the ark of God’s presence and glory for the satisfaction of the flesh, but understands that “it is not I who lives, but Christ in me…the hope of all glory” (see Galatians 2:20 and Colossians 1:27, emphasis mine). We are bond servants to Christ, and the highest price in Heaven was paid for our freedom and redemption. We have the ability through the Cross of Jesus Christ to commune with God and walk uprightly with Him, in direct relationship, keeping His commandments. It is an honor and a privilege to spend your days at the feet of Jesus, beholding His beauty. The Bible tells us it is those who endure to the end that shall be saved (Matthew 24:13). (Photo via Unsplash)

These were two men who had callings to host God’s presence and raise up sons to be lovers of His presence. One passed the test, while the other failed. One lost everything in his life, including the presence of God. He fell over backward, dying as he hit his head because he failed as the “head” of his house. With that, his lineage died also. Then you have Elijah, who had many times of trial and tribulation, but he stayed the course and allowed God to break him, to mold him, and to use him unto His glory. Elijah stood for righteousness and dealt with injustice in the land. He raised up his spiritual son to love and fear God and keep his commandments. Eli fell and broke his neck, while Elijah was ushered into the presence of God by chariots of Israel’s horsemen and a whirlwind of fire, leaving his mantle and a double portion of his spirit behind. Elisha went on to do double the miracles that his spiritual father Elijah had seen and done.

Let the ‘Elijahs’ Arise!

There is a power in finishing well and keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus. God is dealing with the ‘Elis’ in the house of God and raising up an Elijah company to overthrow and overturn injustice in the land and raise up a strong company of Believers, who will not only finish the course, but will carry a double measure of the anointing the previous generation walked in. They will help usher in not the first great awakening, nor the second, but the GREATEST AWAKENING the earth has ever seen… one that will awaken the Bride, and she will not fall back into her slumber. I say, let the ‘Elijahs’ arise in Jesus name!

Whatever you do, don’t miss another ELIJAH LIST email! Subscribe at this link: elijahlist.com/subscribe.

Tyler Medina
    Consuming Love Ministries

Email: Consumingloveministries@gmail.com

Tyler Medina is a revivalist, author, and emerging prophetic voice with a passion to bring the Church into a deeper life of intimacy with God. Tyler operates in the seer realm and his ministry has been marked by many notable miracles, signs, and wonders. He and his wife Anna Jo are the founders of Consuming Love Ministries, a ministry committed to strengthening the Church by cultivating a deeper experience of God’s presence in their daily lives. They are currently planting a new revival hub with a strong focus on equipping the next generation and seeing them fall passionately in love with Jesus. He, his wife, and daughter Cadence Grace reside in Lexington, Kentucky.

Source: https://elijahlist.com

Steven Bliss
    Participant

Well written and excellent reminder

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar