AN INCONVENIENT FIRE

A growing number of believers want to know God Himself—they want just Him.  They are not thinking about anything He can do for them.  They must know Him—more than oxygen, food and water—they must have God!

This fire awakens an ancient hunger—the hunger that possessed saints of old.  A.W. Tozer wrote, “Come near to the holy men and women of the past and you will soon feel the heat of their desire after God. They mourned for Him, they prayed and wrestled and sought for Him day and night, in season and out, and when they had found Him the finding was all the sweeter for the long seeking.”

And those who already know Him want to know Him better.  Tozer continued, “Moses used the fact that he knew God as an argument for knowing Him better. “Now, therefore, I pray Thee, if I have found grace in Thy sight, show me now Thy way, that I may know Thee, that I may find grace in Thy sight”; and from there he rose to make the daring request, “I beseech Thee, show me Thy glory.” (Exodus 33) God was frankly pleased by this display of ardor, and the next day called Moses into the mount, and there in solemn procession made all His glory pass before him.”

But why would this inconvenient fire be the worst nightmare to masked Antifa thugs, tepid seeker-friendly churches, or false ministers?   Isn’t this fire pulling saints off the front lines into a full-time pursuit of God?   How can this be a threat?  It is the greatest threat!   NOTHING TERRIFIES SATAN MORE THAN A WIDESPREAD HUNGER TO KNOW GOD:

-It puts them into the place and condition that Jesus has yearned for His church to be.  They are in God’s presence. They are devoid of ideas, agendas, or blueprints.   Their intercession is no longer contaminated.  Prayer is no longer a booster rocket for pet projects.  They are becoming decentralized. They are self-emptying, that they might see God in all His beauty.

God has triumphed over their dead works.  By doing this, He kills the source of their anxiety, their cares, and inadequacies.   David Wilkerson said, “I had more ideas than any preacher in America. Ideas on how to evangelize. How to organize New Testament programs. The programs and ideas were successful enough to entrap me and keep me on the treadmill of busy-ness.

“But all along my heart yearned for more. I knew the blessing was not in building. Not in some well-planned scheme to reach the lost. Not in bigness, and not in activity. I discovered the hard way that the glory of God, the peace, and joy of the Spirit, was in being stripped down, emptied, and made totally weak.”

-They are suddenly alive to the real horror—their own fleshliness.  The issue is no longer the depravity of the culture, but their personal carnality.  This inconvenient fire struck Isaiah with such agony that he tossed aside his prayer for influence and power.  All he can cry is; “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.” (Isaiah 6:5).   Isaiah is unmade, that he might be remade.

In the towering glory, you see the indescribable.   You see how victorious God is.  How inevitable His victory is!  You see Satan’s utter defeat.  You are transfixed by the wisdom that is now available—the resources at Gods’ disposal—the tactics He can use.  His mighty plan makes our plans microscopically puny.

God will declare to you what He said to Isaiah: “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.  “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8,9)

-Here’s what makes this fire so inconvenient:  It was simply not part of the plan.

-It was not in the plan for the lukewarm ‘convenient’ church to level off and be overruled by inconvenient fire.  Attraction-based churches fold when God Himself becomes the attraction.

-It was not in the plan for fake ministers to ever stop lying, stop prospering, or fooling the masses.  The light and heat of this fire will expose and topple them.

-It was not in the plan for left-wing God-haters to see their plan to eradicate Christianity from America neutralized by inconvenient fire.

This spreading flame—and the powerful vessels it creates—was simply not in the plan.  Thus a new vessel is about to emerge−a God-designed weapon. An inconvenient sort of person is about to appear on the American stage. A person who will own a passion you cannot stop, who will speak words you cannot counter, and perform miracles you cannot deny.

Join me in seeking this inconvenient fire!

Mario’s new book will awaken you to your assignment in God’s work to save America. It’s $15 each or $12 for ten or more. Get a signed copy plus free shipping by clicking here.  https://mariomurillo.org/product/vessels-of-fire-glory/