Our tent went up in a dangerous part of Las Vegas. The site was surrounded by poverty, violence, and despair. That was the spot that God chose for us. We learned of the needs of this area in a very unusual way: Prayer tents.
These smaller tents offered free prayer to anyone who would ask. Locals simply entered the tent and teams would pray for them.  That is when we discovered the number one thing that burned in the hearts of these inner city moms. They all prayed for protection for their sons who were caught in the crossfire of gangs.
That is when an idea from the Lord ignited our outreach. We instructed moms to tell their children that this year for Mother’s Day they didn’t want flowers, chocolate, or a dinner in a restaurant−tell your sons and daughters you want them to come to the tent and hear the Gospel.
No sooner had this idea come, than we got a second one from the Lord: A raffle to pay one month’s rent to the winning mom.
We gave out the raffle tickets on Sunday, Mother’s Day, and told them the prize would be given out the next night. The Monday night was also designated as the night the mothers would be accompanied by their children.
Monday the tent filled up early. Soon it was time for us to give away the prize of one month’s rent. That is when something extraordinary began to happen. When we called out the winning ticket, a woman began shouting thanks to God, but not for the reason you might think.

She exclaimed that she had prayed that God would let her win, so that she could give it to a mom who could not be at the tent meeting.   “I want to give this to a woman I know who has two young children. She is in a wheelchair, and lives in a trailer park.”
The next day Mechelle, Frank Saldana, and some of our team went to the trailer park. They walked into the manager’s office and asked the lady in charge if she could tell us how to find that mother.  The manager began crying when she heard why we were looking this mom.  “I was going to evict her today! It’s my job, but I hated having to do this. This is a miracle.”
Mechelle, Frank, and the team sat with this wonderful woman in the wheelchair that was facing homelessness that very day. Not only was her rent made current, but Frank gave her a card for Inner City Action, and said, “Don’t worry about where you are going to live, just call us and we will make sure you will be okay.”
Tuesday night a businessman came up to us and said, “I need to pay the rent for both of these moms.”
Let’s go back to the original Monday night. We had found a Mother’s Day weapon! The tent was jammed with moms, sons, and daughters. I preached a simple direct call to surrender to Christ. The altar was flooded with young people, and mothers all over the tent got the greatest Mother’s day gift of their lives−the gift of knowing they would have their children with them in heaven, for eternity!

We wish all the moms the very best and blessed Mother’s day!