You Have Covered My Head in the Day of Battle – By Richard Manus

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words You Have Covered My Head in the Day of Battle – By Richard Manus

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

“O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle.” ( Psalm 140:7 )

As we look at this verse of scripture today I would like for us to think about the spiritual powers and the principalities of darkness. Let us consider how the Lord does cover our head in the day of battle.

What is “the day of battle”? It is the day wherein the flesh seeks to hold it’s power over you, and refuses to let go of it’s claim on your identity.

You are a new creation in Christ. Christ has given you a new identity. Old things have past away and behold, all things are become new. By our Lord’s cross, He has spoiled powers and principalities. He has delivered us from our enemies. He had set the captive free, free from an old identity. The will and nature of the flesh has been taken to the cross and put to death in Christ. Christ came in the likeness of sinful flesh that he could take the body of sin to the cross and crucify it.

Wherefore, we now can be free from the power and rule of the flesh. You now have the right to be free and to become a son of God.

Many times in battle you may have to say, “that’s not me Lord, that’s not who I am! I am a new creature in Christ!”

On what grounds does the Lord work His work in us? Again, it is on the grounds and truth of his cross. Since he has crucified the flesh, our Lord works his death in us, that His glorious life may also be revealed through us!

In crucifying the flesh, our Lord has crucified the feeding ground for the powers and principalities of darkness.

“Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.” ( 2 Corinthians 10:5 ).

Therefore let us put on the helmet of salvation while knowing that our old man/flesh has been crucified with him. May our head be covered in the day of battle, and may our minds be protected by the blood of Jesus.

May our hearts and minds be settled in the peace and assurance of Christ Himself. .

He even makes our enemies to be at peace with us.

Blessings in Christ…

Richard Manus

Richard on Facebook

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Ron McGatlin.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar