"What Do You See?" Danny Steyne

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words "What Do You See?" Danny Steyne

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

Most of us are too consumed in conversation to see. We spend our moments wanting to be heard…wanting to hear what the anointed ones are saying. We evaluate and dissect their words and ignore the most important thing…seeing.

The ability to see is the foundation of the prophetic. Without it we have words without power. Jesus said of Himself, “…The Son can do nothing by Himself; He can do only what He SEES His Father doing…” (John 5:19 emphasis mine).

The activity of the prophetic goes beyond the words simply being spoken; true prophecy is revelation…seeing what is hidden. “Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets” (Amos 3:7). He shows them, but they must have eyes to see what He is showing them.

The offer was there for Elisha. Elijah said, “…Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?” (2 Kings 2:9a).

The focus, for most of my life, has been on the request of the double portion, but the way to receive it isn’t given through the laying on of hands or prophetic utterance; the way is found in 2 Kings 2:10 – “If you can see.” The company of prophets didn’t see it; they only saw the effect after it had already transpired (2 Kings 2:15).

Elisha had to stir up his spiritual eyesight to perceive that which would mark his future and destiny. The day would come when what he was about to receive by seeing would become something he could impart to others who desperately needed the ability to see when they couldn’t (2 Kings 6:17). Paul writes, “I pray that the eyes of the heart would be enlightened in order that you may know (see)…” (Ephesians 1:18, emphasis mine).

A chariot of fire came between Elijah and Elisha. It was separating the prophet who saw a cloud the size of a man’s hand – which would release water, flooding the earth and breaking the drought – from the man who hadn’t seen anything other than dust and mud from following oxen in a field (1 Kings 18:44; 1 Kings 19:19). The anointing wouldn’t come from experience, it would come from seeing.

What Do You See?

One of the greatest questions we must all answer is “What do you see?” Sight is not opinion or perspective…it’s actual. It’s like going to the eye doctor and actually being able to read the “x, y, z” at the bottom of the eye chart – not faking it or guessing because you don’t want your eyes to be as bad as they really are. Prophets have to have accurate eyesight or they could lead many astray. You don’t want your taxi driver, bus driver or family member to drive if they can’t see, regardless of how important it is to get to your destination. You also don’t want a prophet that leads as a blind guide (Matthew 15:14; 23:16, 24). You want them to see.

In order to effectively see, you must wait to actually see. You can’t speak until you see. There is nothing to do until you see…there is nothing to say until you hear. God is raising up a company of prophets who are unwilling to squander words to become visible or known. They are those willing to wait until their eyes see something that releases what will bear fruit and not simply carry clouds without water.

I See a Cloud the Size of a Man’s Hand

I see a cloud the size of a man’s hand off the northeast corner of Australia. I see a weekend of great rejoicing! I hear the council in God’s chambers talking over and over about mercy, which always triumphs over judgment. A great season of mercy is about to be unleashed on the world and the Church.

I hear, “You are about to dodge another bullet!” I see armies of angels commissioned to the frontlines of the sex-trafficking industry and the hellish addiction portals, and facing down demons of perversion and false identity. I see a rallying in the Church to speak truth where compromise has been holding onto the pulpits.

I hear, “Vast removal, far and wide; voices that crowd; voices that lied! Mercy will triumph, seizing the day; My voice will be heard, prevailing My way.” I hear it like a chant from the host of Heaven. I see it bringing pride low and coming with a different kind of fire, a holy fire…not to char but to fill…not to destroy but to distill.

In essence, the Lord said to Elisha: Elisha, what do you see? Because what you see is what you will carry. Have you held onto earthly knowledge of your inheritance? Have you held onto words simply spoken over you? Or, Elisha, can you lay all those aside and let My salve cover your eyes to heal what you see? Can you see what I’m doing today, right next to you, right between you and the words you have been so hungering to hear? I’m closer than they are…can you see Me?

Danny Steyne
    Mountain Of Worship
    Email: Click here

Danny Steyne is about the Mountain…the Mountain of the Lord, recoined by Jesus as the Kingdom of God. He doesn’t live for his ministry but for the ministry of Jesus throughout the earth. His purpose is to release this message and the impact of it wherever he goes. His desire is to bless the Church that Jesus initiated so that it will look like the Church that Jesus wants. Danny has been in ministry as both pastor and father to many. Through forty years of ministry there have been many miracles, healings, and signs and wonders, but his heart’s intention is to bring people into an intimacy with Jesus and into passionate and effective love for the lost and the found. He travels throughout the world carrying this message of love, joy, freedom, and hope. He is married to his best friend, Karen, and they lead together in New England as they watch the Mountain of the Lord emerge around them. They are parents to many children, both naturally and spiritually around the world.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar