We are living in uncertain and stressful times. By Nancy Taylor Tate

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words We are living in uncertain and stressful times. By Nancy Taylor Tate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

We are living in uncertain and stressful times. How can we help? One way is by living upright lives regardless of what challenges we may face, that there might be godly examples for others to see and find encouragement in.
    A verse I have always loved speaks of Christ coming back to be admired “in” His saints (2 Thessalonians 1:10). Christ seen and admired in us. What a calling!
    After I am saved, I am to mature and grow. My salvation is a free gift, but my character is formed through choices I make. As I yield to the Lord, He works in my life until it becomes “yet not I but Christ living and being seen in me (1 Peter 2:2; Ephesians 2:8; 1 Corinthians 15:31; Philippians 2:13; Galatians 2:20).
    Song of Solomon 8:5 asks, “who is this that comes up from the wilderness leaning on her beloved?” There has been a change! This is our testimony. We are called to “be” witnesses unto Him, whatever the situation or circumstance (Acts 1:8).
    God gives us the enabling power to “become” that witness as we learn to draw on His strength, spending quality times apart with Him in prayer, worship, and His word. We have increased opportunity to do this today! Then we in turn can be a place of refuge, strength, comfort and encouragement to others in troubled times.
    I find great joy in times with my husband, Allen, as he sings, prays, and reads scripture. What precious fellowship! Allen wrote the following to share with you:
    Paul’s purpose in writing the book of Titus was to “further the faith of God’s chosen ones and lead them to the full knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness” Titus 1:1 (TPT). Paul points out that the gospel will be accepted or rejected, based in part on how we are perceived. He speaks of the importance of three things: sound doctrine, good behavior, and good works.
    Our doctrine is fundamental! But our doctrine is to be supported by our behavior. Paul talks about embracing a lifestyle that is consistent with sound doctrine and describes the sort of character that should spring from good teaching. We are to live responsible, honorable, and God-fearing lives, being self-controlled, upright, and godly; lives dedicated to God.
    When we first heard the gospel, we looked at the life of the person presenting it, and, consciously or not, we made decisions about the gospel based on the life and behavior of the presenter. Important to whether we accepted the gospel, was whether we felt the person presenting it had a credible life.
    Our respect for the person presenting the gospel gives credence to their words. As a child, my first Sunday School teachers were people of high moral character, with loving spiritual concern for me. I had high respect for them, so when they taught the gospel, I believed they were speaking truth.
    Titus 2:5 directly exhorts us to good behavior so that the word of God is not blasphemed. Satan cannot attack sound doctrine successfully, so he chooses to attack those who present it. Good character sustains us!
    Do we want the gospel that we present to be accepted by those who hear? Let’s heed the words Paul gave to Titus:
    Above all, set yourself apart as a model of a life nobly lived. With dignity, demonstrate integrity in all that you teach” Titus 2:7 (TPT).
    …have no more to do with godlessness or the desires of this world, but to live, here and now, responsible, honourable, and God-fearing lives” Titus 2:12 (Phillips).
    Thank you, Allen!
    And what opportunity we have today, to share Christ with others not just through our words, but through our lives. I sometimes ask myself, would anyone look at my life and want to be a Christian? Would my behavior cause anyone to want to know the Lord? What do people feel when they are around me? Can they sense His peace, His presence, His love, His joy? Or do they just hear my mouth speaking words and preaching sermons?
    May our lives match our words! May we “be” witnesses in the time we are living in, a time when there is so much uncertainty. May our words edify and our lives be a model of integrity. May we “be” a people in whom Christ is seen and glorified.

Our Website:
    On our website is teaching by Wade Taylor, truly a present word for those who have a desire to “follow on to know the Lord.” As a forerunner, truths my dad spoke bring a relevant word for today and also move beyond the present day into the day still before us. May his teachings be a source of spiritual edification and impartation to you, as you consider the words shared and allow them to be worked into your life experience.
    Also on our website, you will find links to messages by me under Nancy’s Corner and Messages to Hear.
    If you are not on our email list, I encourage you to join! Most updates are now communicated through emails. To join, or, to update your email address, go to http://www.wadetaylor.org. Toward the bottom of the home page, you will find a place to add your email address. Or, you can go to the Contact and Support page and add your email address there.
    Our prayer is that you increasingly prosper, both spiritually and in your life circumstances, beyond all that you have experienced in the past, and also, may you be blessed in life, in health, and in all that is before you.
    Prayerfully yours,
    Nancy Taylor Tate
    PAROUSIA MINISTRIES

The compromising church

Like most churches throughout history, churches today compromise on what is taught to their flocks, preferring teachers who rationalize, allegorize, spiritualize or simply ignore the prophetic scriptures. The church that believes Bible prophecies concerning the last days can only be understood allegorically or that prophecy is anything less than factual, is easy prey for Satan’s craftiness.

Satan, the great counterfeiter, deceives with half truths, often using scripture out of context, as he did with Jesus in the wilderness temptations. The same will be true with churches that say: yes these passages are literal, but they have no application to us, because they are trusting in the false assurance that they will be raptured away before those events occur. Once such people realize their great mistake, it will be too late to avoid the persecution of the Anti Christ. True believers in those churches will not lose their salvation, but they will endure suffering from which faithfulness to God and His Word, would have protected them. Thus genuine believers in the compromising churches may have to go through what Jesus described in His Olivet Discourse as the ‘Great Tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world.’

It is within the context of the Great Tribulation that Jesus warns the [allegorical type] Thyatiran and Laodicean church leaders– Rev 2:20-22 You tolerate Jezebel, whose teaching lures My servants into false beliefs, she refuses to repent, so I will throw her onto a bed of pain and those who commit [spiritual] adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they renounce what she is doing.

So those teachers who have misled Christians by not properly discerning the Word, will be punished and their flock won’t lose their salvation, but may be subject to the Tribulation.   James 3:1 & Romans 5:9, 1 Thessalonians 1:10

On the other hand, believers who are spiritually prepared, faithful peoples, can look forward to the fulfilment of God’s great promises to His Christian people: great promises of protection during the next prophesied event – the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, and then their amazing gathering into the new country of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5, Jeremiah 30, Ezekiel 36, Zephaniah 3:19-20, Malachi 4:1-6, Hosea 14:4-9 It is those people, the holy ones of God, who will welcome Jesus at His Return with the shout: ‘Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord’.

Genesis 18:17-19 ....I shall not conceal from Abraham what I am about to do, because he must tell his descendants what is just and right.

Just as the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah is used as an example of the terrible Day of the Lord, that will strike all the earth, so the Lord has warned us to take care to discern His Word, in order that we may tell our children to keep the Way of the Lord and to be aware of His plans for this end time. Jeremiah 23:14

2 Peter 3:7 & 10-12 The world is reserved for a Judgement of fire and the Day of the Lord’ wrath will come unexpectedly. On that Day, the heavens will disappear with a great noise, great flames of fire will bring all the earth into judgement. Since all things will be tested in this manner, think what sort of people you must be, what devout and dedicated lives you should live!

This prophecy does not refer to the New Heavens and New Earth to come after the Millennium and does not match with the descriptions of the glorious Return of Jesus, as many prophecies clearly state that He will not be seen during this forthcoming fire judgement. Psalms 11:4-6, Psalms 18:11, Habakkuk 3:4

Ref: REB, NIV, KJV verses abridged.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar