To Everything There is a Season

Home Forums KINGDOM TEACHING – Articles, Videos, Discussion To Everything There is a Season

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly Fowler
    Participant

To Everything There is a Season
    Ecclesiastes 3:1 and 3:4
    To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance…

I was reading Mark 12 today and spent quite a bit of time just on the first several verses as God began speaking to my heart about the scriptures.

“Then he began to speak to them in parables. ‘A man planted a vineyard, put a fence around it, dug a pit for the wine press, and built a watch-tower…” Mark 12:1

We know from the scriptures that we as God’s house are the vineyard; we are like grapes on the vine “abiding in the vine”, and Isaiah 5 talks about the “song of the vineyard”:

1″My beloved had a vineyard on a very fertile hill.

2He dug it up and cleared the stones and planted the finest vines.

He built a watchtower in the middle and dug out a winepress as well. ”

So this morning, as I read the first verse of Mark 12, the phrase “dug a pit for the wine press” stood out in my spirit.
    The only thing I know about treading on grapes was when I watched a funny episode of “I Love Lucy” where she was splashing around trying to tread the grapes in a big vat, but when I saw the wording in Mark 12 that said “dug a pit”, I immediately thought of Joseph in the Bible where he was thrown in a pit. Also when Daniel was thrown to the lions, several translations read “the pit” as well. In Mark 12, the pit is where the grapes are trodden underfoot and crushed to make into wine.
    We like preaching where we are seen as the beautiful fruit hanging on the vine and gaining maturity while we feast on the Lord’s nourishment; but there comes a season where the fruit is mature and a reaping is due in the Lord’s vineyard. We do not like sermons that deal with a season of being put into a pit to be crushed. And we actually preach in America as if that were not the Lord’s desire or will at all that we have seasons like that. But to bring about wine suitable for the master, a grape in maturity is required for just that purpose in its season. Joseph was actually in the pit for the Lord’s purpose which brought about its maturity of fruit in its season by bring him before Pharaoh and putting Joseph into a position which would save humanity during that season. And Daniel was thrown into the pit of lions, but when he came out of the pit, the king made a decree that all men were to honor the God of Daniel throughout the kingdom. The pit that we must go through is where the grapes are crushed for the service unto the Master to bring our “wine” before Him. (Not “whine”, although there may be a lot of that while in the pit, but true “wine” fit for the Lord!) There may be a season which you go through which you do not understand, and you feel you are in a pit (not of sin or any reason) in your perspective, but you feel you are being crushed. There IS a purpose and season for such things that may be outside of our understanding but it is for the purpose to bring about fruit from our lives to the kingdom of God. It is a season of wine being produced!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar