Theologians who can’t and who can see the Kingdom of God Today

Home Forums KINGDOM TEACHING – Articles, Videos, Discussion Theologians who can’t and who can see the Kingdom of God Today

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bill Bremer
    Participant

Theologians who hold to the doctrine of dispensationalism can’t see the kingdom of God today. They are waiting for their imminent rapture when they believe Jesus begins ruling the kingdom.

Consider the following inspired word of God in contrast to what is being taught as doctrine by the rapture teachers.

The Kingdom of God is in the Holy Spirit we that herein serve Christ are well-pleasing to God, and approved of men.

17for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18For he that herein serveth Christ is well-pleasing to God, and approved of men. Ro 14:17-18 ASV

We have been translated into the kingdom of the Son of his [God’s] love.

9For this cause we also, since the day we heard it , do not cease to pray and make request for you, that ye may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10to walk worthily of the Lord unto all pleasing, bearing fruit in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11strengthened with all power, according to the might of his glory, unto all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light;

13who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love; 14in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins:

He [God] rescued us from the tyranny of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, who paid the ransom to forgive our sins and set us free. Col 1:9-14

But about the Son he says,

• “Your throne, O God,
    • is forever and ever,
    • and the scepter of your kingdom
    • is a righteous scepter.” Heb 1:8 ISV Context: Heb 1

9Then shall they deliver you up unto tribulation, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all the nations for my name’s sake. 10And then shall many stumble, and shall deliver up one another, and shall hate one another. 11And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray. 12And because iniquity shall be multiplied, the love of the many shall wax cold. 13But he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come. Mt 24:9-14 ASV

Jesus sits at the throne of grace located in the heavenly Jerusalem not far from us (Heb 12:22; Gal 4:26), where Christ is seated at the right hand of God (Col 3:1-4). God has seated us in Christ in heavenly places (Eph 2:6) and the Holy Spirit is in us (1 Cor 5:19). We come to the throne, setting the enlightened eyes of our hearts (Eph 1:15-23) and our affections on things that are above (Col 3:2). The kingdom of God is… righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit (Ro 14:17).

Sam Storms is a prime example of theologians who have been educated dispensational at Dallas Theological Seminary but escaped that blindness.

Two enlightening articles he has written are: The Kingdom of God: Already but Not Yet – Part I ; Part II.

Gary McIntosh is a prime example of theologians caught in the blindness of dispensationalism instilled in him at Western Conservative Baptist Seminary (Portland, OR). Gary is currently Professor of Christian Ministry and Leadership at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University.

Ironically he believes in the gifts of the Spirit, which are signs of the kingdom. See his article in the current issue of Christianity Today: Origin of Spiritual Gifts Profiles—Fascinating research on the systematic theology of spiritual gifts. Gary McIntosh

Wayne Grudem is another of the dispensationalist theologians who believes in the gifts of the Spirit, but can’t see the kingdom today. In his book that has over 500,000 sold, he wrote: “<span lang=”en”>The present age of the Church is an intercalation into the revealed calendar or program of God as that program was foreseen by the prophets of old. Such, indeed, is the precise character of the present age” (</span><span lang=”en”><i>Systematic Theology</i></span><span lang=”en”>, 4:40). </span>Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine Jan 3, 1995 by Wayne Grudem

That dispensational <span lang=”en”>intercalation is now approaching 2,000 years, </span>waiting for their imminent rapture when they believe Jesus begins ruling the kingdom.

Back in 1975, I had first hand experience with charismatic believers that held the dispensational view, except the Catholics. I was appointed to the board of a startup Full Gospel Businessmans Fellowship, mostly because I was the only charismatic Lutheran they knew. These brothers from many denominations were fired up for the Lord and moved mightily in the Holy Spirit. It amazed me that they believed the rapture teachings.

Since I was Lutheran, I held to the Apostles Creed and the Nicene Creed  from the 4th centurey and still do to this day. Neither mention a rapture or an intercalation.

billbremer.org

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Bill Bremer.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar