The Lord's Day of Vengeance and Wrath

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words The Lord's Day of Vengeance and Wrath

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

There will be a great Day of vengeance and wrath against the enemies of the Lord and it seems that it may be the next dramatic happening that we will experience here on earth.

Isaiah 63:1-6 Who is this coming from Edom?…. in power and victory….I trod on the nations in My anger, their blood stained My garments. I resolved on a Day of vengeance, the year for redeeming My own had come.

Rev 14:14-16 ...there appeared a Man wearing a gold crown and with a sickle in His hand. He swept over the earth with His sickle and the earth was reaped.

These two passages describe the Lord Jesus carrying out God’s judgement on His enemies. This must take place before His glorious Return, because at that time, He is described as coming robed in a garment dyed in blood. Rev 19:13

Isaiah 66:15-16 See, the Lord is coming in fire, [not on the clouds, in glory, as at the Return] His sword will test mankind. Many will be slain. The Lord’s enemies will all meet their end.  

Micah 5:15 In anger and fury, I shall wreak vengeance on the nations who disobey Me.

Psalms 50:1-3…. Our God is coming, in consuming fire and a raging storm.

Habakkuk 3:12 Furiously You traverse the earth, in anger You trample down the nations.

Isaiah 59:15-18 The Lord was displeased…outraged… so He put on garments of vengeance. According to their wicked deeds, He will repay.

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all evildoers will be stubble.

Hebrews 10:27 A terrifying judgement of fire that will consume Gods enemies.

So, the Lords vengeance is to be as ‘a consuming fire, burning like a furnace’. 2 Peter 3:7 This can be paralleled by Ezekiel 20:46-47...I am about to kindle a fire in the Negev, its fiery flame will scorch everyone to the North. This passage and others, clearly describe a Coronal Mass Ejection from the sun. Proved by Isaiah 30:26a, Psalms 50:1-3, Malachi 4:1 This will happen at the moment the attackers of Israel prepare to strike. Psalms 11:4-6, Isaiah 21:2… Advance Elam, up Media to the siege! Do not hesitate!  [Elam & Media = Iran] Many prophecies tell of the destruction of Israel’s attackers. Amos 1, Jeremiah 49:35-37, Psalms 83:1-18, Zephaniah 1:14-18 & 2:4-5

But, for all Christian believers, who trust the Lord, we have: Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21

1 Peter 4:17-18 For it is time for the judgement to begin – it is beginning with Gods own

household. [In the holy Land]

Isaiah 35:4 Say to the anxious; be strong! God will save you, at the time of His vengeance.  Isaiah 30:26b

Jeremiah 12:14-17 These are the words of the Lord; all those evil peoples who have encroached onto the Land, which I allotted to My people, Israel as their holding, I shall uproot them. Also I shall uproot Judah, but I shall have pity on them and bring them back, IF they learn the ways [Christian faith] of My People. The nation that will not change its ways, I shall destroy.

This passage clearly tells about the clearance of the Land of Israel, which will happen as a result of the Lords Day of wrath. Then it says that some Jews may return, provided they believe in the Lord Jesus. This proves that by then, His people: all the Christian peoples of God, will have migrated to and settled into all of the holy Land.  Rev 7:9

Reference: R.E.Bible, some verses abridged          Bruce McKerras

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all arrogant evildoers will be as stubble, they will be destroyed in a fiery blaze.

Psalm 11:4-6 The Lord is in heaven, raining fiery coals upon the wicked.

Hebrews 10:27… a terrifying judgement of fire, that will consume God’s enemies.

2 Thess. 1:6-9 It is just that God should send affliction on those who afflict you, when the Lord is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in blazing fire. He will punish those who refuse to acknowledge or obey God. They will suffer the penalty of eternal destruction, cut off from the Lord. [verse 10 tells of the later Return of Jesus in His glory] Isaiah 10:17

Isaiah 30:26-30 On the Day the Lord saves His people, the sun will shine with 7 times its normal strength and the Lord will make His voice heard in majesty, His arm descending in fierce anger with devouring flames of fire, amid rain and hail storms.

Psalm 144:5-6 Lord part the heavens, make lightning flashes far and wide.

Isaiah 34:5 For My sword appears in the heavens, it descends in judgement.

Isaiah 66:15-17 The Lord is coming in fire, like a whirlwind, He will judge with fire. His sword will test mankind, many will be slain by Him.

Isaiah 29:5-6 Yet, the horde of your enemies will crumble into dust, fly away like chaff. Suddenly, in an instant, punishment will come from the Lord, with storms, earthquakes and a flame of devouring fire.

Isaiah 9:18-19 The Land is scorched by the Lord, the people are fuel for the fire.

Deut 32:41-43 I will sharpen My flashing sword and take vengeance on those who hate Me. Rejoice, you heavens the Lord will avenge His people and cleanse their Land.

Isaiah 33:14 Sinners in Zion quake with terror- can any live in this devouring fire?

Jeremiah 21:14 I shall punish Judah as they deserve, I shall set fire to your scrubland.

Ezekiel 20:45-48 Prophesy to the scrubland of the Negev, I am about to kindle a fire in you- it will consume everything flammable. From the Negev, northward, everyone will be scorched by it.                                         Reference: REB, NIV. Verses abridged.

All of these prophecies describe an event that cannot be reconciled with the Return of Jesus. At that time, He destroys the armies of the Anti-Christ, by the Sword of His Word. Zechariah 14:3, Revelation 19:15 & 21  They do not match the “sheep and goat” judgement in Matthew 25:31-46. Also, at the end of the Millennium, the armies of the nations again attack – Rev. 20:7-10, but the context of the above passages rules out their application to that event.

We see, in Deuteronomy 32:34-43, that this judgement will cleanse the Land.

Many verses tell of a fire judgement upon Judah [the Jews] and the surrounding enemies, this will not be a nuclear exchange, as that would pollute the Land.

Flames of devouring fire”– “fire in the Negev”- “arrows like lightning”- “consuming fire,” etc, all describe what would happen if a Coronal Mass Ejection [C.M.E.] struck the Middle East. The resulting population clearance, Ezekiel 30:1-5, will allow the fulfilment of the many prophecies which say how all the faithful Christian will gather and settle there. These events will disrupt the world economy and set the stage for the Anti Christ.

The Lords fiery judgement on the Middle East:

Isaiah 29:1-2 Woe to you Ariel! Ariel, the city where David settled. The years roll on and you carry out your festivals. Yet, I shall reduce Ariel to dire straits. There will be suffering and sorrow, when I make her My fire altar.

Ariel – is a pun on the Hebrew word, ‘har’el’ = the Temple burnt offering altar. In this prophecy, it refers to Jerusalem and all the State of Israel.  Ezekiel 21:1-7, Isaiah 22:1-14, Amos 2:4-5, Jeremiah 12:14

Isaiah 29:3-4 I will encompass you and besiege you with the visitation of My fiery judgement. You will be brought low, you will hide underground, your voice will whisper out of the earth.       The survivors in Jerusalem will shelter in underground bunkers. Isaiah 31:5, Isaiah 6:13, Isaiah 37:31-32

The Lord’s judgement/punishment of the nations, by fire from God’s storehouse, Deuteronomy 32:22,34-35,41-43, will be an explosion on the suns surface, Isaiah 30:26a, Isaiah 66:15-16, Malachi 4:1, Hebrews 10:27, 2 Peter 3:7, Revelation  6:12-17

Joel 2:1-11 Sound the alarm!  For the Day of the Lord’s wrath is coming. As the sun rises, a vast host will appear, the like has never been known. It advances in a devouring fire, behind is a leaping flame that leaves a desolate wasteland. Nothing can escape it, nothing can stop it and as it strikes, the earth quakes and the heavens thunder. Who can survive that dark and terrible Day?

Isaiah 29:5-8 But, your enemies will become like dust, those ruthless hordes, like blown chaff. Suddenly, in an instant, punishment will come from the Lord Almighty, with earthquakes, thunder, storms and a blaze of devouring fire. All the nations warring against Mt Zion, will vanish, as a dream, like one who is hungry or thirsty; then wakes to find himself empty, so it will be with all those nations attacking Israel. Malachi 4:3

The fire judgement on the Middle East, striking ‘in an instant’, will be a Coronal Mass Ejection: a sunstrike of unprecedented magnitude and is the next prophesied event we can expect, it is the Day that will ‘come as a thief’, sudden and unexpectedly. Zechariah 3:9, Isaiah 10:17 It is quite a different event to what is described about the attack and destruction of Gog or of Armageddon, both to come later, respectively.

Psalm 83:13-18, Isaiah 34:5, Isaiah 30:25-28 & 30, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Zephaniah 1:14-18,

The regeneration of the Middle East:  Isaiah 35, Ezekiel 36:8-12, Amos 9:13-15

Isaiah 29:17-21 In a very short time, the Land will be made prosperous again. On that Day, the deaf will hear and the blind will see and the lowly and poor will exult in the Holy One of Israel. The ruthless and evil peoples will be gone, all who practice falsehood will be cut down.  Isaiah 66:12-17, Psalms 107:1-43, Jeremiah 33:12-13

Isaiah 29:22-23 Therefore, these are the words of the Lord, who redeemed Abraham, about the House of Jacob: [now: every true Christian believer]  This is no time for you to be ashamed, no time to be frightened, for his descendants will praise My Name, when they see what I have done for them. They will stand in awe of the Holy God of Israel. Reference: REB, NIV. Some verses condensed.

Christian Israelites, all those whose names are written in the Book, Malachi 3:16-18, be they descendants of Jacob or grafted in, will be gathered into the Land, ”in a very short time” after the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath against the nations  Ezekiel 20: 34-38, Isaiah 11:11-12, Jeremiah 30:18-24, Rev 7:9                         Bruce McKerras

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar