The Kingdom of God is within.

Home Forums KINGDOM TEACHING – Articles, Videos, Discussion The Kingdom of God is within.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Barrett
    Participant

Dear Saints,

I wish to share a small teaching I recently posted on my blog regarding how the church at large is completely missing the understanding that the kingdom of God is within, and thus, from within is where and how we enter in.

I posted a two-part teaching called the Ascended Life which describes how most Christians are hindered from finding the kingdom of God because of their misbeliefs and false doctrines taught throughout the church today.  I think that this information would be of great help to all those who are hungry and thirsty for righteousness.

You can find both postings on my blog at http://www.hearhisheart.wordpress.com . However, I would like to just post part 2 here because part 1 is more of a personal story of how God warned me to leave the church I was in.

Here’s the teaching, and may you all be blessed by it:

Dear Saints,

I have spent considerable time praying and seeking the Lord in what all I should share in this second part of “The Ascended Life” series. I now call it a series, because as I have been meditating on this, there is so much that I could share with the Body of Christ regarding this topic that I couldn’t possibly write about it all in just two postings. Therefore, I think that over time, and as the Spirit leads, I may make additional postings on this subject in addition to the regular prophetic words the Lord gives me for His remnant.

Now as for part 2, I want to stick with the same subject; that the Church at large is ignorant of the true gospel of the Kingdom of God within, and we must learn to come out of much of what the Church has taught over centuries so that we don’t prevent ourselves from receiving and entering into the Kingdom of God.

So, I believe that to best help the many who may be having a hard time receiving the fact that the church at large today is missing the boat, so-to-speak, I think that I need to give a little history of how the church today has come into its current beliefs. Whereas, the church as we know it today is not teaching the true Gospel of God’s kingdom and His righteousness which was taught by Jesus and His disciples.

This very fact was revealed to me by the Lord through a prophetic dream He gave me regarding the last church that I was a member of. He gave me the dream when I left the church after His warnings to me, which I shared in my first posting on this topic. I’ll share what He revealed to me in this dream later in this posting. But first, I need to give a brief history of how we now have the common church beliefs and teachings today which leave out the true gospel of the kingdom of God and His righteousness, which interestingly enough, it’s supposed to be the highest priority of a Christian’s life. (But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things will be added to you. Matt. 6:33)

I’ll try to just briefly explain how true Christianity was completely taken over and corrupted through and through just a few hundred years after Jesus’ earthly ministry. There are several different accounts of exactly what happened in those days, so I’m not claiming to have the full truth on the matter, but just having the gist of it will suffice for our understanding.

Persecution was widespread during the early Church as Rome was known for torturing Christians, even burning them to death or feeding them to the lions for mere entertainment. The main reason behind such harsh persecution in those days (other than the spiritual reasons) was because Rome was the greatest empire at the time and they were conformist, forcing every kingdom they conquered to worship their pagan gods. However, the true Christians of those days refused to have any other god besides the one true God. Therefore, since Christian’s wouldn’t conform to their pagan religions, they would just kill them off.

However, seeing that killing the Christians wasn’t working toward eradicating Christianity, Rome then tried another approach which was to infiltrate Christianity and merge it with its own pagan religions. To this day Roman Catholicism still reveals evidence of pagan worship that was merged with Christianity. Some of which is still prevalent with Protestant Christianity like Christmas and Easter. December 25th was the birthday of the sun-god of Rome, called the Winter Solstice. The exchanging of gifts took place the week prior in celebration of the dedication of the temple to Saturn, another Roman god. So the Roman sect called the same day Christmas instead, celebrating in much the same way, later including the exchanging of gifts, which attracted many more pagans into their so-called Catholic “church” which was a mixture of pagan religion and Christianity. In reality, Jesus is generally acknowledged to have been born in April or September, the time when shepherds kept watch over their flock at night to protect the newborn lambs (Luke 2:8-12).

Easter, and the German, Ostern, are derived from the name of an Anglo-Saxon Goddess of the Dawn (therefore spring, as the dawn of the year) called Easter, Eastre, and Eostre in various dialects of Old English and Ostara in German. This goddess was honored with celebrating the Spring Equinox in April, particularly important to Wiccans who practiced witchcraft. Eostre is also worshiped by some neopagans, who associate her with various aspects related to the renewal of life, i.e. eggs (a common offering for fertility), spring, fertility and the rabbits allegedly represented its rapid and prolific reproduction. The Roman sect converted this pagan holiday into their so-called Christianity. At least the time of Easter occasionally coincides with Passover.

In contrast to Rome’s so-called Christianity, the early Church, founded by the Apostles, was made of followers of Christ who were true and pure. They preached a gospel of the kingdom of God and His righteousness, which consisted of freedom from sin, holiness, and purity. Yet, even in the days of the early Apostles, there were false prophets and false gospels being preached. These false doctrines spread like gangrene until all the sects became simply evolutional varieties of the Roman Empire’s Catholic church, both east and west, whose doctrines were dictated by the “sainted” Emperor’s Constantine and Justinian the despot, thus eliminating the true gospel by 388 AD. However, what few Christian historians know is that Constantine most likely did not really convert to Christianity as recorded. Evidence suggests that he lied about his conversion to infiltrate Christianity from the inside. To this day, there are early Roman Catholic church structures from Constantine’s day, whereas, underneath those structures are hidden corridors and rooms filled with pagan idols that were worshiped in secret.

Even to this day, there is still evidence of pagan idols permeated throughout Catholicism. But the most important note about Catholicism is that it does not teach its members to seek the kingdom of God within and freedom from sin as the early Church did. The Roman Catholics, with their masses still enslaved to sin, and with no understanding as to how to get free from sin’s slavery, invented purgatory as the hope for the masses of their members. Only a few with many “good works” (which did not consist of good works of obeying the laws of Christ, but good works of showing kindness, mercy, visiting the sick, clothing the naked, feeding the hungry, and visiting the prisoners) were judged by Catholicism to have been “saints”, who supposedly went directly to heaven. The rest of their members went to purgatory, to be purged of their sins; while all non-members of the Catholic church went to Hell forever. So, the promise of purgatory kept the masses of their “non-sainted” members coming back and paying their membership dues.

Finally, in protest of the imperious Catholic church, the Protestant Reformation began with John Wycliffe, Johannes Hus, and Martin Luther. However, Luther created an entirely new doctrine, telling everyone they were saints just by believing in Jesus. Luther ignored the books of James, Hebrews, Jude, and Revelation to create his theory: that no matter how deeply involved a man was in sin, the new doctrine of grace excused all sins, past and present. Luther had taken Romans 3:28 and built his own doctrine: a man is justified by faith without deeds of the law. This doctrine told men still enslaved to sin that they were God’s sons, saints, kings, and priests. This new doctrine taught men that sin is acceptable to God, and they were already saints on their way to be priests and kings in the next life, without any requirements to be pure and holy and free from sin.

However, Luther’s new doctrine of grace completely twisted the meaning of justification by faith without deeds to the law. First of all, there are deeds of the law (sacrifices, circumcision, days, foods, etc.) vs. trying to obey the moral commands of the law, (don’t steal, don’t lie, don’t murder, don’t commit adultery, don’t covet, love your neighbor, etc.). Deeds of the law (sacrifices, circumcision, etc.) are worthless toward obtaining salvation, but turning from sin and obeying the moral commands of the law are essential, and we do this by the power of the Holy Spirit through grace.

To understand true justification by faith, we must look to the father of our Christian faith, Abraham. (What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, has found out? For if Abraham were justified by works, he has something about which to glory; but not before God. For what does the scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness.” Romans 4:1)

Christendom has taken this scripture, twisted its meaning, and then made it into a gospel by itself, leaving out all the other scriptures requiring us to abstain from sin, obey God, crucify the sinful nature, and work out our salvation daily by seeking after His righteousness and holiness, without which, no person shall see God (Heb. 12:14). When this scripture in Romans 4:1 speaks of Abraham believing God and having that belief accounted to him as righteousness, it is not just believing that there was the one Most High God. The faith of Abraham was an active obedient faith in God. He believed the words and commands that God spoke to him, and in response, he obeyed God, and then it was accounted to him as righteousness.

Similarly, just a mere belief that Jesus is the Son of God is not true faith. True faith is to believe enough to obey, which is to do as Jesus commanded us: take up our cross daily and follow Him. We do this by obeying both His written commands and His Spirit (through the power of the Holy Spirit) until we attain the level where we are dead to the sinful nature and led by the Holy Spirit in all that we think, do and say. (Galatians 5:24  Those who belong to Christ have crucified  (past tense) the flesh with its passions and desires., Romans 8:12-14  Therefore brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh (the sinful nature), you will die; but through the Spirit, you mortify (put to death) the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.)

True faith is believing in Christ enough to obey His commands unto purification. And as we do this, He leads us into true salvation, which is to be freed from sin and the sinful nature. Christendom has made salvation out to be merely one’s entrance into heaven instead of hell when they die, and a blessed life on earth before death. In contrast, the scriptures speak of three levels of salvation: we are saved, we are being saved, and we shall be saved. We are saved from being spiritually dead in our trespasses and sins and made alive unto God by His Spirit through Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:5). We are being saved from sin and all its effects as we mortify our sinful nature by the Spirit through taking up our cross daily and following Christ (1 Cor. 1:8). And then, we shall be saved which is to receive full salvation at the appearing of Christ within us, our hope of glory (Heb. 9:8, 1 John 3:2-3, Col. 1:27). Whereas, there will be a remnant in these last days who will receive this full glorified salvation while still on earth.

Another scripture which Christendom twists to their destruction in an attempt to confirm their false faith and salvation doctrine is Ephesians 2:8-9. (For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not by yourselves. It is the gift of God. Not by works, lest any man should boast.) Again, the faith spoken of in scripture is an obedient faith. And the works spoken by Paul here is the dead works from the will of the flesh, i.e. circumcisions, washings, sacrifices, observation of foods, days, etc. He is not speaking of the works of loving obedience to God. (And by this we know that we know Him: if we keep (obey) His commands. For this is the love of God, that we keep (obey) His commands; and His commands are not burdensome. 1 John 2:3, 5:3)

True faith is not justification by a mere belief in Jesus. True faith obeys and purifies the heart of the believer. ( “And put no difference between you and them, purifying their hearts by faith.” “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, release from sin’s slavery, and an inheritance among those who are sanctified and purified by faith in Me.” Acts 15:9, 26:18)

So then, true Christianity (which has been overtaken and corrupted) teaches the true gospel that salvation is freedom from sin and the sinful nature, and then we are fully redeemed when Christ reveals himself within us at his appearing in us, and we then become just like him, holy, pure and righteous through and through, which is our hope of glory. (Beloved, now we are to be sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we will be, but we know that when He is revealed (in us), we will be like him (holy, pure, and righteous), for we will see him as he is (the one true holy and righteous God reigning on the throne of our hearts.) 1 John 3:2).

Yet, Christendom today completely ignores the commands to be holy as He is holy and tells you that even obeying the moral commands of the law is putting oneself under the old covenant law, outside of grace, and is not necessary for salvation (no hell at the end of one’s life). As a result, we now have a modern Christian belief that getting free from sin and living a holy life is not necessary, and is even believed to be impossible by many. Whereas most Christians merely hold to a form of godliness, but deny the power of God to destroy our sinful nature, making us truly holy (2 Tim. 3:5).

Because of these false beliefs, many Christians are drunk off of the wine of fornication from the Great Whore of Babylon and don’t even know it. (Rev. 17:1-2) To understand this, you must first understand that many places in the scriptures have both a natural and a spiritual interpretation and fulfillment and sometimes more than one level of interpretation. Whereas the Roman Catholic church may be the biggest and main natural manifestation of the Great Whore of Babylon as many Christians claim, however, spiritually speaking, the Great Whore of Babylon is the false church which most Christians are a part of, and don’t even know it. This Great Whore of Babylon (the false church) has many daughters which are all the different sects and religions, all of which, deny the one true Almighty God, if not through what they claim to believe, through their actions, as many Christians do. (Rev. 17:5, Luke 6:46, Matt. 15:8).

This Great Whore of Babylon sits upon many waters (peoples, nations, and tongues), and all the nations of the earth have drunk from the wine of her fornication. Christians have become drunk on the wine of the false church’s embrace of the world’s ways where she gives license to her members to live their lives drunk on the continual sin of lusts and pride. This false church sold her body to the world, mixing herself with the world, embracing pride, greed, pleasures, envies, wars, etc., while pretending to be the pure bride of Christ. She naively embraces evil and knows nothing (Prov. 9:13). She promises understanding, but gives nothing but lies. She shares her bed with the world; embracing possessions, wealth, covetousness, power, sexual pleasures, elegant lifestyles, pride, an overabundance of food, much idleness, prestigious clothing, grand buildings, etc. She promises you wisdom, understanding, God’s approval, and eternal life; all without any requirements of a change in your life, without any discipline, without any reform, without any restraint of your lusts and passions. All she asks for is your loyalty and financial support. Give her that and she will assure you that you are one of God’s favored and beloved, destined for blessings and wealth, on your way to heaven, and with no need to do anything except celebrate your salvation.

This Great Whore lives in nice buildings, richly furnished with music, choirs, directors, rock and roll bands, entertainments, food, social gatherings, people dressed in rich clothing, etc. This whore tells you that Jesus accepts you just like you are; a slave to sin. It doesn’t matter, He will be your excuse to get into heaven. There’s no need to change your heart, no need to show fruits unto repentance, no need to give to the poor and needy, just give to her so she can maintain her rich lifestyle and make you proud to be a member.

All of this is not to say that God does not bless his people with natural wealth and possessions. However, we are to live modest and content lives, not squandering the King’s treasures upon our lusts and prostituting ourselves with the pleasures of this world. And whatever we have in an abundance, we share with the needy, especially our brothers and sisters in Christ, and steward the rest according to His kingdom purposes as He leads us by His Spirit, showing ourselves to be good stewards over the King’s wealth. It sickens me when I see how many Christian leaders today live lives of luxury in huge mansions, driving luxury cars and flying around in their own jet, while many of their own church members struggle to pay their bills and feed their family. Can the normal Christian not see how horribly wrong this is and that we were even warned about it in scripture:

But just as there were false prophets among the people in those times, so there will be false teachers among you, who will subtly and elusively introduce destructive, distorted teachings, even denying the Lord (through their actions) who bought them, and bring swift destruction upon themselves. And many will follow their destructive ways, and because of them the way of truth (purity and holiness) will be maligned. And in their covetousness they will make merchandise of you with deceptive words; from long ago their judgment has not been idle, and their damnation has not slumbered. But godliness with contentment is truly great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. If we have food and clothing, let us be content. For those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and utter loss. For the love of money is the root of all evil, through which some have wandered away from the (true) faith and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But you, O man of God, flee these things and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, and meekness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold of the eternal life to which you are called and have professed before many witnesses. (2 Pet. 2:1-3, 1 Tim. 6:4-12)

Christendom also fails to acknowledge that there are already many antichrists permeated throughout the church (1 John 2:18-19 ), and instead put their focus on a single man who will rise up in power and cause everyone to get a mark of the beast. Now, I do think that there will be a manifestation of the Antichrist in one man who will try to rule the world. But spiritually speaking, many Christians are already worshiping an image of the beast and don’t even know it. To understand this, you must first understand that the fallen nature of man is, in fact, the beast spirit which was given its power by Satan when Adam and Eve sinned against God. You see, we were all made in the image and likenesses of God with His holiness and righteousness. But when Adam and Eve obeyed the serpent, the spiritual principle was applied: “we are slaves to the one whom we obey” (Rom. 6;16). So when Adam and Eve obeyed the serpent, they lost their perfect image of God and were given a nature of the beast after the one whom they obeyed. (I said in my heart concerning the state of the sons of men, that God might show them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. I was so foolish and ignorant; I was like a beast before you. Ecc. 3:18, Psalm 73:22)

When Jesus’ disciples James and John asked Jesus if He wished for them to command fire to come down from heaven to consume a village of Samaritans, Jesus rebuked them and told them that they don’t know what spirit they’re of. (Luke 9:54-55) This was because they had not yet been cleansed and purified by the baptism of fire at Pentecost, so they were still under control of the spirit of Satan, as are all men until they have been crucified on the inward cross of self-denial.

Also, immediately after Jesus told Peter that the Father in heaven revealed to Peter who Jesus was, He then rebuked the spirit of Satan in Peter. (Matt. 16:15-23) Additionally, Jesus told the Pharisees that they were of their father the devil and they followed and yielded to the lusts of their father. (John 8:44) This is because our fallen nature is the offspring of Satan, a beastly nature serving its passions and lusts and it must be crucified. We cannot serve God with our beastly fallen nature because it’s at enmity with God and not even capable of obeying God. (Romans 8:7)

Now, in knowing that we were all born with a fallen nature of a beast, an offspring of Satan; let’s take a look at what God has shown us through the lives of the Israelites when He led them out of Egypt (bondage to sin and the world) and through the wilderness of sin. (Now all these things happened to them as examples; and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world have come. 1 Cor. 10:11)

When Moses had been gone a long time at the top of Mount Sinai (representing Christ rising to the right hand of God and being gone a long time before His return) the people grew weary and made for themselves a golden calf (a beast) and said that the calf is the Almighty God who brought them up out of Egypt. And they worshiped the beast-calf.

What this story depicts is that they made an image of the Holy Almighty God after the imaginations of their own wicked beast nature. In other words, they made for themselves an image of a beast and began to worship it saying; “this is the God who delivered us from Egypt”. In the same manner, many Christians today form their own image of God after the imaginations of their evil fallen beastly nature and worship their image of God, saying within themselves; “this is the Almighty God who saved me”. And since this image of God that many worship is made in the image of their beast nature, their image of God is one who excuses their sin because they believe in Jesus and He doesn’t really require purification and holiness. And so, they continue the rest of their Christian lives worshiping a false image of God made after their beast nature (image of the beast) instead of worshiping the one true Almighty God who commands us to be holy as He is holy.

And for many Christians who did have a true repentive conversion, after they sincerely give their hearts over to Christ, the Holy Spirit begins to convict them of their sinful condition. As a result, they begin their journey in the wilderness of sin in true repentance and attempt to crucify the beast nature within. And thus, the beast takes a deadly wound to the head. But then, after time, the Christians becomes weary in their battle against the sinful flesh as they are defeated by it time and time again. So they begin to slack in their battle against their sinful nature, and over time, the deadly head wound is healed. And then the Christians say within themselves, “who is like the beast and able to make war him?” (Rev. 13:3-4) Or in other words; “who is able to conquer the sinful nature?” And so the Christians give up and then create within their imagination an image of God who excuses their sin and doesn’t really require them to wholly crucify their sinful nature and become holy as He is holy. And hence, the Christians end up worshiping an image of the beast whom they’ve convinced themselves to be God instead, and in so doing, they unknowingly also worship the dragon who gave the beast his power. (Rev. 13:4)

But for the true Christian who perceives and understands that this beast nature within must be crucified wholly and completely, they continue down the hard and constricted path that Jesus commanded us to follow, and they eagerly wait in anticipation for His appearing within their hearts to consume their man of sin (Satan’s spirit within) with the Spirit of His mouth and to destroy him at the brightness of His appearing within themselves. (2 Thes. 2:7-8)

Now, as I have mentioned, much of scripture has both a natural (literal) interpretation and a spiritual interpretation. What I have shared here is a spiritual interpretation. It does not negate the possibility of a natural fulfillment of a one-man Antichrist coming into power in these last days. But unlike Christendom, we do not wait for that to happen, then try to refuse to take any physical mark after he’s already in power. Instead, we work on our salvation daily, eagerly waiting for the appearing of Christ within to destroy the man of sin in us who sits in the temple of God (our bodies) declaring himself to be God. (2 Thes. 2:4-8) If we were to allow Christ to destroy this man of sin within us once and for all, no devil or Antichrist on earth can do us any harm because greater will be He who lives in us, than he who lives in the world.

What I am sharing here are spiritual truths that Christendom cannot see because the enemy has their minds blinded from the truth. The first and principal work of a believer is to seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness. (Matt. 6:33) But Christendom doesn’t understand that the kingdom of God we are to seek is within, and they claim that we are already righteous just simply by believing in Jesus. (Little children, let no man deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7).  And, Jesus showed us how to be righteous in all that we do and say. As an example, He only spoke, judged, and did as He was prompted and ordered by God. Thus, to practice righteousness, we also must learn to only speak and do as prompted by the Holy Spirit because there is no law against the Spirit. And through the inward cross of self-denial, we destroy sin by the power of the Holy Spirit through His grace which leads us into perfection, purity, and holiness, with the end result being Christ formed in us and our oneness with God which is our high calling and hope of glory, the mystery of the Gospel.

But Christendom cannot see this. Satan has their minds blinded so that they do not believe that a sinless, perfect and holy life is possible this side of heaven. To those Christians who are perishing in their sin, the message of the inward cross is foolishness because the god of this world has blinded their minds from the truth. But to us who are being saved unto perfection, it is the power of God working within us to bring us into His glory. (2 Cor. 4:3-4, 1 Cor. 1:18). And thus, Christendom continues with living a life with only a form of godliness but denies the true working of the inward cross that makes us holy as He is holy and provides entrance into the kingdom of God within. (2 Tim. 3:5)

This brings me to the prophetic dream the Lord gave me regarding the last church that I was a member of, which the dream is also a representation of most churches today. I won’t bother going into sharing the whole dream but instead will only share the major points of the dream.

The Lord gave me this dream soon after I left my last church as a result of his warnings to me that I was slowly drifting away from foundational truth without knowing it, and if I didn’t leave the church immediately I could lose my destiny in Christ. I shared this story in part one of this posting “The Ascended Life”. Anyway, in the prophetic dream, the Lord showed me three things about the church I just left. One; they were not teaching the kingdom of God because they didn’t have a true understanding of it (even though it was mentioned often). Two; they were following many false doctrines. And three; even though I tried to expose their false doctrines and share the true gospel of the kingdom with them, they were indifferent and didn’t care to hear it. In essence, they were comfortable with their Churchianity.

Even though this prophetic dream was regarding the church I just left, it’s also representative of most churches today. Christendom doesn’t have an understanding of the kingdom of God within that we are commissioned to seek after. Also, most Christians don’t have an understanding of God’s righteousness that we are commissioned to seek after. As a result, most churches today are teaching false doctrines. But most sadly of all, most Christians are comfortable in their Churchianity and don’t care to hear the true gospel of the kingdom of God because preaching the inner-cross of self-denial is an offense to most. Oh, many proclaim to take up their cross, but this is mostly not true. To die to self, we must put His will before our own, and it’s sad to say that most Christians don’t even know what God’s will is for their lives.

One minister from the last church I attended proclaimed that she knew she was doing the will of God because she was doing what Jesus would do, which was ministering to others. But this is a self-deception and just another form of worshiping the image of the beast because even Jesus didn’t do what Jesus would do. (Then Jesus answered them and said, “Truly, truly, I say to you; the Son can do nothing of himself (of His own will), but only does what he sees the Father do. For whatever things he (the Father) does, these are also likewise done by the Son.” John 5:19). So then, Jesus showed us what doing the will of the Father is and it’s not doing our own religious thing and then calling it the will of God. It is daily taking up our cross to our own will and obeying God as His Spirit leads us. (For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Rom. 8:14) Our worship to God MUST be in Spirit and in truth. (God is a Spirit, and those who worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4:24) The Spirit and flesh are in constant war with each other and we cannot live from our carnal understanding and call it the will of God.

Following the prompting of the Spirit in all that we think, do and say takes time. But it also takes crucifying the flesh. Many claim to be living in the will of God even though God never told them to go into ministry, etc. Most ministers today are teaching from their fallen beast nature (carnal mind), not even realizing the spiritual principle that evil begets evil. The carnal mind of the flesh cannot produce life, it can only produce death because it’s at enmity with God, who is life. Most Christian ministers don’t have a revelation of this truth, and thus, we have churches with horns like a lamb (they appear outwardly to be Christ’s church), but speak like a dragon (they speak from their carnal mind which is an offspring of Satan).

When I left my last church I knew that I couldn’t tell them all of this because they already refused to hear any truth I had previously tried to share with them. So, in hopes of not offending them and leaving in peace, I simply told them that I was no longer going to any church because God was leading me out to follow Him. Of course, this didn’t go over well with them either. And like so many Christians do, they threw the scripture at me; “we are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together” (Heb. 10:25). But they are completely taking this scripture out of context.

First of all, in this scripture, Paul is NOT talking about going to some religious building and sitting in a pew listening to a preacher. Also, in this scripture, Paul tells us who we are to assemble with. In 2nd Timothy 2:22 it states:  “Flee youthful lusts; but aim at and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, in the company of those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”  So you see, we are only to assemble with those of the same faith who are PURSUING righteousness out of a pure heart. This does not include the majority of Christians today because they already consider themselves to be righteous simply because they believe in Jesus. What the Lord showed me regarding most Christians is that they are unbelievers according to the mystery of the Gospel. They don’t have the same hope or follow the same faith as I do, and so they are counted as unbelievers and I am not to be unequally yoked with them.

Now, this does not mean that I am not to love them. I greatly love the members of the last church I attended. It was even considered to be a Spirit-filled church and all the gifts of the Spirit were in operation and there were even miracle healings taking place. But in spite of all this, their minds are blinded to the mystery of the true gospel of the kingdom of God and by my yoking myself with them, I was slowly drifting away from the truth and away from my destiny in Christ.

This is not to say that whoever doesn’t have these revelations are doomed to never discover the truth. I haven’t always had these revelations and I’ve also believed in false doctrines before, like the pre-trib rapture theory. But the true believer grows from faith to faith. And if one truly hungers and thirsts for righteousness, then God will lead them into the truth of the mystery of the gospel. (Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. Matt. 5:6).

However, for the most part, God is going to have to take the Church through a great shaking and many will be forced to lay down their false beliefs and open their eyes to the truth. Unfortunately though, for most Christians, this will happen during the tribulation. They will have to discover this truth the hard way as they’re purified through horrible trials in the great tribulation (Rev. 7:14). But it does not have to be this way. We have a choice now to seek God and purify ourselves so that we can be part of the first-fruits company who will be walking in the authority of Christ during the great tribulation, and in whom Satan and the Antichrist cannot touch. (Rev. 12:5, Rev. 14:4)

And so, as far as the false church is concerned today, many have already been hearing the call to come out of her. But for those who haven’t heard this call yet, it will get louder and louder until there will be a final call for all true followers of Christ to come out of her before you join in her judgment. (Rev. 18:4)

If you’ve already come out, don’t worry about the fact that you’re alone, because, in reality, you’re not. There are many of us waking up to this truth and coming out of the false church. There may not be others around you to fellowship with (like in my situation), but don’t worry. Just keep seeking fellowship with Christ, that is all you need. He has even ordained it this way because He wants us to be completely satisfied in Him alone. And the closer you get to Him, the less you will feel the need for external fellowship with others because, in Him, we are already one with each other in the Spirit of Christ. But in time, He will supernaturally organize His true church and it will not be done by man.

Additionally, if you have never heard of any of these revelations and feel that it’s so late in the game and there’s no hope for you, I want to reassure you that there is hope. In fact, I just posted a prophetic word from my dear friend and pastor that speaks about this very thing; God is stretching out His hand right now and telling you to forget those things which are behind and reach forward for the things ahead…..your high calling in Christ Jesus.  There is hope for anyone reading this to start today on their new journey in seeking our high calling in Christ Jesus.

I pray that this small teaching has helped in giving you all an understanding of how we all need to lay down much of our beliefs that will hinder our entrance into the kingdom of God and the Ascended Life while still living on earth. Keep seeking Him in your prayer closets, and if you’re having a hard time receiving what I have shared here, then out of a sincere hunger for truth and righteousness, ask Him to reveal His truth to you…. Blessings to you all….

(Excerpts were taken from “The Missing Cross to Purity” by H. Worthington)

http://www.hearhisheart.wordpress.com 

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Kevin Barrett.
    David Seargent
    Participant

When Jesus said that the Kingdom of God is within you, the “you” seems to have been collective and is sometimes translated as “in your midst”. Nevertheless, the presence of Christ within us by the Holy Spirit is strongly taught in the New Testament. The”religious consciousness” approaches Christ as Other, in a sense of worship. The move to the “Kingdom consciousness” is to a deeper worship of Christ as the Fountain of our life. It is the sense of complete surrender to Christ within, as Other, but also as one with us. As Norman Grubb said “Christ as us” not just “Christ in us” or, as St. Catherine of Genoa said “My ME is God”. God in Christ becomes all in us. William Law once said that unless our goal is the Kingdom of God, our goal in life is useless. Anything other than the Kingdom is wasted. Strong words, but words that we need to seriously consider.

David Seargent
    Participant

Further to the above, I should add that the “Kingdom consciousness” is also the awareness of the old sinful self having been crucified with Christ and therefore DEAD, GONE, VANISHED. It can no longer “compete” with Christ within for control of one’s life, so temptation to sin no longer arises from it. Such temptation is from Satan or the human environment in which one lives. Therefore, freedom from sin is an achievable goal for the Christian – not in the sense that sin becomes IMPOSSIBLE but that avoidance of sin becomes POSSIBLE.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar