The Journey To Perfection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    B. Keith Chadwell
    Participant

THE JOURNEY TO PERFECTION

We, like Jesus, must learn obedience through the things we suffer. This is the suffering which results from the death of self will.   Paul said, “I die daily…”

Hebrews 5:8-9 Though He were a Son, yet learned He obedience by    the things which He suffered; And being made perfect He became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him;

I can only think of Jesus as He suffered in prayer in the garden, pleading with God the Father to take away the cup that was before Him.   The cup He spoke of was the agonizing death on the cross to come the following day, which was the will of God for Him.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Luke 22:44  And being in an agony He prayed more earnestly: and His sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

His agony in the garden was His mental and emotional suffering which was so intense; He “sweat as it were” great drops of blood.”  As agonizing as His death on the cross must have been, I believe there was as much suffering for Jesus in the garden as on the cross, as He brought His flesh and His mind into subjection to his Spirit and to the will of God the Father.

In any event, He surely suffered much in the garden. He laid down his desires, His will, His intellect and emotions, to the will of God.  <u>So shall we suffer likewise</u> as we seek to bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ and give our old lives up in submission to the will of God.  This is necessary in order to have Him effect the mortification of our flesh through the power of the Spirit and then to resurrect in us the life and nature of Christ.

2 Peter  1:2-4  Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue:Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these <u>ye might be partakers of the divine nature</u>           (Continue reading)

Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

Very good teaching! Thanks for posting it.

deweys2
    Participant

I thikl of  JESUS  in His Glory and  Power.  The  ALPHA  &  Omega.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar