Home › Forums › VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words › Replacement Theology
Tagged: Israel of God
April 28, 2018 at 12:05 am #9605Bruce McKerras Website: www.logostelos.infoParticipant
Christians are not the “replacement of the Jews” as the chosen people, the Bible says that Christians are added into God’s people, by reason of their faith.
It was prophesied long ago in Amos 9:11-12 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: That they may possess the remnant of Edom, <u>and of all the heathen</u>, which are called by my name, says the LORD that doeth this.
It was prophesied that those “outside the camp” would become worthy to be part of the Lord’s people. Jesus touched on this in His parable of the wedding feast in Matthew 22:1-14…... For many are called, but few are chosen.
- Romans 9:30-31 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
In other words, do we now have a problem that the unchosen Gentiles that became chosen and the chosen Israelites chose to become unchosen by blatant apostasy?
- Romans 11:1-2 I say then: Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.
Paul makes a good point here. But as Paul WAS a Jew, he makes it clear in this passage, he retained his Jewishness. <u>The only difference between him and the lost Jews is that he chose to believe Jesus</u>. So in actuality, God never replaced them, they left Him all on their own and now every Christian has been grafted into the ‘olive tree’ of the righteous Israel of God.
Jesus came and they rejected Him:
- Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. [Every born again Christian]
Apostles later confirmed:
- Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
- Acts 15:14-17, Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and <u>all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called</u>, says the Lord, who does all these things.
The conclusion is that nobody is ‘replaced’, just that salvation is available to all who freely choose to believe in God and who accept the Atoning sacrifice of Jesus.
There is: ONLY ONE PEOPLE OF GOD: the faithful Christian peoples; the Overcomers for God- literally the true Israelites of God.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.