Prophetic prayer/intercession

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly Patton
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I have a question that may seem random. I engage in prophetic intercession quite frequently. For over a year now , when I pray in the Spirit, I have said “shhh” a lot. Prior to this I can’t tecall ever saying this in prayer. If I’m praying in a group I feel a little cautious because I don’t want anyone to think I’m “shhh- ing” them lol. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any insight?

Thank You!

Kimberly

Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

Hello Kimberly, Well, I never had that problem. The only times I said that in a prayer group I was probably wanting someone to be quite. 🙂

Maybe someone else will have an answer.

Ron

genegarcia
    Participant

Hello Kimberly

I never had that happen to me.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

Kimberly Fowler
    Participant

I think I may have insight in this but check with your spirit as well. Many times when I speak in the spirit I am talking to God, but also my spirit will sometimes respond in a way which I can understand. For example, the scripture says, “I will pray in the spirit, but I will pray with the understanding also. (1 Cor 14:15)

It could be that your spirit is wanting your mouth to be quiet to get God’s response during certain times so it may be that your spirit is telling you to momentarily be quiet and listen. If you are on the phone to someone and you do all the talking but never wait for the other person to ever answer or respond, it becomes a very one-sided conversation. A few years ago, God let me know I was being too talkative during prayer and I would not shut up and let Him talk. (This was my experience, I am not saying this is true for you) But He was trying to teach me to be still in His Presence and just sit and wait on Him. I do not knw if this is the right answer, but I have heard my own voice respond at times while talking in the Spirit. Maybe just try getting still during those times. Who knows it could be you could even hear the audible response back from God at that time or an interpretation for the tongues that you are speaking.

Kimberly Patton
    Participant

Thanks for responding.

Ron: LOL😂

Kimberly: Thank you for sharing . I hadn’t really considered it but of course may be a possibility 🙄. I’ll ask Holy Spirit about it. I get a sense that it’s like a comforting “shh” like if you were comforting a crying child..I’m not sure, I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar