POSITIONED FOR BLESSINGS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lily Deschamps
    Participant

It has become cold in northern Canada these days.  Snow is already covering the ground and we are looking forward to celebrating another Christmas season.  In preparation, pointsettias were purchased to decorate the home. Because of lack of space, it was decided to place one plant in a spare bedroom.  I told a sister in Christ who wanted a pointsettia that I had an extra plant to give. But as I came to retrieve it, I discovered that it was dying. It had wilted because of lack of water and cold in that room.  With hope of reviving it, I immediately watered it and placed it somewhere else where it was warmer and it could at least get some amount of light. But then one day in the early morning hours, I was shown the plant in vision.  Another better plan was in the works. The pointsettia had been positioned on top of the stove and directly underneath the hood range where it was flooded with its bright light, including even more light from a kitchen window.  When the vision ended,  I realized that it was the perfect warm place for the plant to regain newness of life; a place where it had ample supply of warmth if needed, with easy access to water from the kitchen faucet and ample Light; everything it needed to photosynthesize and to flourish.

INTERPRETATION:

Some background research OF the plant this morning revealed that the pointsettia found its Christmas origins in Mexico where according to Legend a girl named Maria was too poor to offer a gift for the holidays.  An angel instructed her to gather weeds from the roadside instead and place them by the church altar.  Crimson blossoms soon sprouted and later turned into poinsettias.  From that point, church clergy began to use the plant as the star pattern of the leaves to symbolize the Star of Bethlehem – the birth place of our Lord – while the red scarlet color symbolizes the sacrifice of the crucifixion.

This is one of those stunning visions where the meaning is so profound that one knows that she knows, that this vision was sent from heaven!  What a perfect gift to give this sister I thought. And an opportunity to also witness of GOD’s redemption plan through the symbolism of the pointsettia.  It awesomely displays the manifold greatness of GOD in HIS creation but most importantly it is a reminder of the birth and ultimate sacrificial work of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Because of GOD’s unfathomable Love for us, we who have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of GOD have, through His marvellous masterplan of redemption, been taken out of darkness and into HIS marvellous Light where we can be abundantly watered with blessings, comforted by His Holy Spirit and be resurrected to newness of life!  Praise GOD, through Jesus Christ a transformative pattern has also been prefigured for us.

MESSAGE FOR THE CHURCH:

In keeping with the meaning of the vision and because the pointsettia was transformed by the Church altar – a symbolic reminder is also conveyed to the Church which can be compared to the Noble Woman of Proverbs 31.  The Church clergy is called to take care of the operations of her household by helping to keep its members properly positioned, protected, strengthened and intact by the redeeeming crimson blood of the resurrected Lamb:

Related Verses:

She (the noble woman) extends her hand to the poor, yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of snow for her household, For all her household is “clothed with scarlet” (the blood of the Lamb). (Prov.31)

Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.(Acts 20;28)

<sup> </sup>I (Apostle Paul) have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. <sup> </sup>So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. <sup> </sup>Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.  (1 Cor. 3:6-8)

To GOD be all the glory!

In summary, the dying Pointsettia is doing very well and is thriving with beautiful deep red flowers, vibrant green leaves and is ready to be sent to her new home. Praise GOD and thank you Lord Jesus for this message of hope and renewal, thank you for all things.

Related Verses:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.(Jn.3:16-17)

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life. (Jn. 8:1)

But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. (Jn. 4:14)

Keep the Faith,

Suzanne

Clu Monroe
    Participant

Very hopeful, lovely and inspiring for such a time as this…

Thank you for sharing. Thank you Lord for this message of hope.

Clu

P.S. When I was reading the story behind the Poinsettia, Garth Brook’s rendition of the First Nightingale song came to mind 🙂 If you haven’t heard it, I urge you to listen to it. I hope it blesses you my beloved sister.

Lily Deschamps
    Participant

Such a beautiful song Clu – I just now read the inspiring lyrics and listened to it on youtube.  The Lord really does work in wonderful ways to confirm His messages.  We are witnessing a season in which the Lord is calling His people to return to Love to conquer all the negativity of this fallen world.   He sends us messages in many ways; like this beautiful song of the Nightingale, also entitled The Gift. Thank you so much for sharing and blessing me, and all who listen to it, with this gift my dear sister in Christ.

With Love and wishes for abundant blessings,

Suzanne

Clu Monroe
    Participant

Amen. Just the other night when I was tired and slipping a little into despair, doubt – he led me to 1 Corinthians 13 and nudged me to read it out loud. I did. Then read Psalm 91, which I have been pretty much every night. He nudged me to read the love chapter again. I did – out loud. I immediately felt surrounded by His perfect love and at total peace… I drifted off into a sound sleep.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar