*Kingdom – The Higher Way – By Ron McGatlin

Home Forums KINGDOM TEACHING – Articles, Videos, Discussion *Kingdom – The Higher Way – By Ron McGatlin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

Kingdom – The Higher Way

By Ron McGatlin

There is a much higher way of life than most people have ever seriously considered. It is the way that leads to the fullness of glory. Have you ever thought about the need for truly holy living and what it would look like and be like? Many may have imagined the power of God and what it might look and feel like in their lives. But there must be purity (holiness) before power.

In the passing church emphasis age most have been satisfied with being forgiven sinners. In the emerging kingdom emphasis age the potential exist to enter into realms of spiritual holiness and purity that will lead to the fullness of the glory of God.

The higher way is the way of love and humility. There is no strife, no frustrating need nor greed in love and humility. There is no fear and no pride – no need of retaliation or resentment. The higher way is not the way of natural man it is the way of God.

Isa 55:8-9: “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.

The thoughts and ways of God must become the thoughts and ways within man in the kingdom of God. Nothing that defiles can enter into the New Jerusalem lifestyle of the kingdom of God. The natural ways of doing business in the church and in the world will not enter the new kingdom age. These kingdom ways are not religious principles nor doctrinal points to consider in Sunday school. They are practical reality of God living with man on earth and changing the way we do church and the way we do business in every area of life.

There is a much higher way required to walk in the manifest presence and glory of God. Jesus taught of the higher way in Mat 5 & 6. He spoke of such things as loving your enemies, going the extra mile, turning the other cheek, and to look with lust was adultery in the heart and to be angry with your brother was as murder in the heart. Paul wrote of the higher way in Romans 12.

Rom 12:14-21: Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

These higher principles were seen in the past by many as unattainable in the world at the time. Indeed they are not within the realm of reality for man in the passing church age. However, in the emerging kingdom age the maturing of “Christ in us” is taking us to a new level. Only God is Holy and only God in man can live in the fullness of true love and humility.

Soaking in the manifest presence of God and partaking fully of the Spirit that raised Christ from the dead can saturate man to the point that the thoughts and ways of God fill and rule his life. The higher way of love and humility will come forth and the glory of God will fill the earth.

Lots of Love,
    Ron McGatlin

First Posted prior to 2004

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar