“I Choose to Believe” Anita Alexander

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words “I Choose to Believe” Anita Alexander

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

“I Choose to Believe”

Anita Alexander, Gold Coast, Australia

On the path of faith you will always meet the temptation to go the safe route or the “less stretching,” “less uncomfortable,” “less challenging” route. There is also the temptation to take the “popular, well-traveled” path. The path that makes “more sense” and holds your reputation in tact.

Walking by faith is never void of internal wrestles within—the “what ifs” and the “what am I doing?” questions that loudly try to sway your heart into submission to sense and reason. If you look at them, all these temptations aid to preserve the flesh.

Faith will never preserve your flesh. It’s not designed to do so, for faith is born of the Spirit (1 John 5:4).

How to Walk by Faith

So many times we try to aid the flesh in comfort while aiming for victory by faith. Not gonna happen, my friend. Faith is walking by the Spirit. And when you walk after the Spirit you won’t fulfill the lusts of the flesh, which is the temptation to preserve and gratify yourself.

Walking by faith will challenge your patience, your trust, your faithfulness and endurance, your loyalty, your integrity and your honor. (Photo via Unsplash)

Sometimes we ask God if He needs our help in doing what only He can do. We are tempted, like Abraham, to just “help” along the process and come up with a scheme or some great idea, only to end up bitterly disappointed at the failure of our efforts. Then, we somehow wind up disappointed with God for something He had nothing to do with!

When Jesus was asked by the people what works they were to do to be satisfactory to God, He simply said to “believe” (John 6:28-29).

Recently, while wrestling in my heart over a promise the Lord had spoken to me, my heart began to go into a very familiar place of once again “trying to work it out.” The temptation to do things in my own strength was powerfully trying to lure me into action, which in actual fact would cause me to commit treason to my faith. As I was praying, I found myself asking God for permission to “take action” on this particular brain-wave idea, that was not inspired by Him but motivated by my impatience. And if I was really honest, a slight question still remained in the bottom crevice of my heart: “Are You going to do it, Lord?”

Upon recognizing the angst that these meditations of my heart were producing, in that moment, I stopped and said out loud, “No! I choose to believe!” In moments like these, you know very well you have to die to the other “alternatives” that somehow comfort your stretched flesh, in order to fully nestle your heart into the truth of such statements. You must forfeit your own efforts to TRULY believe.

To believe, you need to resist. Resist the temptation to be negative, critical, impatient, unloving and frustrated. Resist the temptation to save your reputation, justify yourself and seek revenge. Resist the temptation to yield to fear, run ahead of God and control everything that moves. Resist the temptation to preserve your pride, promote yourself and put yourself before others. Resist the lies the enemy has sown in your heart, lies that say you are not good enough, that you are inferior and unloved. Resist the temptation to believe that you can’t do it, it’s too hard, and you are a failure. Resist the temptation to go your own way, not trust God and believe that God will not come through. Resist the temptation to believe God is not good, faithful or kind.

Say out loud with your mouth, “NO! I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE!”

It will break the war that rages in you, because you have submitted yourself under the Word of God which has the power to save your soul (James 1:21). (Photo via Pixabay)

James 4:7, “Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil, and He will flee from you.”

Submission is step one to positioning your heart to believe. Hebrews 3 even speaks of how the children of Israel missed out on the promises because they had rebellion in their heart that caused a hard heart of unbelief, which denied them access to entering His rest.

To believe you must yield. Yield your heart to believe and in doing so you are declaring, “Your way, Lord, not mine. I trust You and You are Lord of my life—not I or any other person.”

Let the power of “I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE” settle your heart back into peace…even if you don’t know how. The “how” is not your responsibility; your responsibility is to “BELIEVE.” This is the rest and this is where you can truly find peace within the storm.

Whatever you do, don’t miss another ELIJAH LIST email! Subscribe at this link: elijahlist.com/subscribe.

Anita Alexander
    Revival Flame Ministries

Email: anita@revival-flame.org

Motivated by an intense love for the Body of Christ, Anita Alexander’s passion and compassion is to see the Church forsake religion and tradition, awaken to the Father’s love, and arise and walk in the overcoming identity as sons and daughters of the Kingdom. Anita and her husband Dr. Sasha Alexander travel nationally and internationally ministering in revival fire that brings resurrection life, healing and awakening to the Body of Christ. Together, their passion is to impart, raise up and release a generation of sons and daughters who manifest the glorious victory of the finished work of the Cross. They are co-founders and senior ministers of Revival Flame Ministries, Golden City Church, and Kingdom Academy School of the Spirit Ministry Training School in Gold Coast, Australia.

Source: https://elijahlist.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar