“I Asked the Lord: Father, May I?” Ben Peters

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words “I Asked the Lord: Father, May I?” Ben Peters

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

While meditating on the news of the day, I heard the Father say, “YES, YOU MAY!” Of course, I was reminded of the old game kids would play called, “Mother, May I?” I knew in my spirit that God was talking about the month of May. He was saying that people would be asking, “May I go back to work, or may I go on this trip, or may I start up a new ministry or a new business, etc.?”

You May

The month of MAY will be a month in which we MAY ask the Father for many things that weren’t available up until then. This will happen because in the months before the month of MAY, God’s people will have been driven to a deeper relationship with God and have a greater awareness of what God Himself desires. Hard times always draw us closer to His heart. Thus, our desires will be much more in tune with His, with the result that we will be asking for things that please Him and that will bring glory to His name.

Let me share a couple of examples where God said, “YES, YOU MAY!”

“He said, ‘Lord, that I MAY receive my sight'” (Luke 18:41b). He was basically saying, “Jesus, MAY I receive my sight?” Jesus responded, “Receive your sight; your faith has made you well” (Luke 18:42b). In other words, “YES, YOU MAY.”

This is, indeed, a request that the Father loves to grant. As children of our heavenly Father, we ought to be asking Him for spiritual sight. We need to see other people and situations through His eyes and not our earthly eyes. The statement “We are fighting an invisible enemy” is truly prophetic. But we need to ask God for the supernatural ability to see our enemy and discern what he is doing or trying to do.

In John 17, Jesus asked the Father five times that His disciples would be one. Here’s one verse: “That they all MAY be one, just as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also MAY be one in Us, that the world MAY believe that You have sent Me” (John 17:21). Jesus was clearly asking His Father, “MAY they be united in Us as You and I are united in each other?” (Photo via Flickr)

Again, God wants us to pray this prayer along with Jesus, “Father, MAY we be one with each other through us all being one with Jesus?” And I hear the Father saying, “YES, YOU MAY.” God answered Jesus’ prayer in the early Church, where we read multiple times that they were all in one accord. Who would dare to say that God can’t do it again?

He will answer that prayer of Jesus that has been prayed millions of times by His Church on Earth today. I also believe it’s being prayed for by the cloud of witnesses, who understand the need for unity and the power of unity in the Church by the unction of the Holy Spirit.

Especially That You MAY Prophesy

Finally, the first verse I saw when seeking confirmation of this word was 1 Corinthians 14:1, “Pursue love and desire spiritual gifts, and especially that you MAY prophesy.”

This command from God through Paul is still relevant today. Certainly, we need to pursue love with a passion. It’s our most powerful tool to win the lost and promote unity in the Church. Secondly, we are exhorted to desire spiritual gifts. These gifts are the Holy Spirit power tools that work hand in glove with love. And finally, we ought to especially desire to prophesy. If we come to the Father and say, “Father, MAY I PROPHESY?” I know that He will say, “YES, YOU MAY!”

Why is it important to earnestly desire to prophesy as Paul again exhorts in 1 Corinthians 14:39? I have discovered, in my research on the gift of prophecy, that it’s not only the gift that edifies, exhorts and comforts, but it’s also the gift that paves the way for the more spectacular and life-changing miracles. (Photo via Unsplash)

Jesus had a forerunner named John the Baptist, who did no miracles, but prophesied about Him. Jesus also began His own public ministry by prophesying several times in John 1, before His first miracle in John 2. There are many other Scriptures that confirm this concept, which are discussed in one of the books I’ve been privileged to write.

God Wants People to Know He Loves Them

What I’m saying is, if your heart has been drawing itself into the Father’s heart, so that you love Him and others more than your own self and desire for recognition, etc., He wants to use you to communicate His thoughts and words to others. He wants to build or edify people, and exhort and comfort them. He also wants to build their faith in the fact that God knows them, loves them and understands them.

Looking back on twenty years of prophetic ministry with my wife, Brenda, I can truly say that people’s lives have radically changed because they realized that God knew and loved them. But God doesn’t want everyone coming to a few chosen vessels that prophesy. He wants all of His children to use this gift. Paul said, “I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied” (1 Corinthians 14:5a).

Let’s keep drawing closer to God’s heart as the world continues to reel from this demonic pandemic, until our hearts are truly aligned and in sync with His heart. At the same time, let’s begin to ask Him to open our eyes to see what He is seeing. Let the invisible become visible to us, so we truly know how to pray.

Then, of course, we should be asking Him to bring us into the unity that only He can give. Let’s cast out the pride and jealousy that hinders us and keeps us divided. As we do this, we will be more and more prepared to receive the ability to speak for Him to edify, exhort, comfort and, in general, reveal God’s love to everyone around us, including those we meet through social media and electronic conferences, etc.

When we ask God for these requests as delineated in the previous paragraph, I believe we will hear the heart-warming voice of God saying, “YES, MY CHILD, YOU MAY.”

We can truly change the world with the powerful tools He has given us to bring in His incredible harvest which has only just begun. MAY God bless and use you for His glory.

Ben R. Peters
    Kingdom Sending Center
    Email: ohmint@gmail.com

Ben and Brenda Peters have said “YES” to the call of God to challenge, equip, and send dedicated lovers of Jesus into the harvest fields of the earth, including the seven mountains of society. Together they have ministered to tens of thousands of individuals in several countries of the world. After establishing and serving churches and Christian schools for almost thirty years, they began a traveling ministry under the name Open Heart Ministries. More recently, they also founded an Illinois-based ministry called Kingdom Sending Center. Ben has published over 23 books. Ben and Brenda now live near Sacramento, California, close to most of their children and grandchildren.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar