“Groundhog Day”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lonniemackley
    Participant

“Groundhog Day”

By Lonnie Mackley Feb. 2nd, 2017

Going through the wilderness is much like the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray where he just keeps repeating the same day over and over again until he finally changes and gets it right. You get up in the morning, work on change and getting to know yourself and God better, go to sleep, and then get up and do it all over again. Life seems to stand still for you when you are in the wilderness because until your self and flesh are not controlling your life anymore, you will not be allowed to go forward.

JN 10:10 The thief (Satan and your addiction that he inspires) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Since God cannot violate our will He has no other choice but to let us keep having our own way until we get sick enough of it to finally want something different and better. We have lived a lifetime of running our own life and making the same mistakes over and over that have been limiting God from using us in power, so God takes us into the wilderness to change all that. Jesus came to give us life, flesh gives us death.

LK 21:34 “Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. 35 For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth.

So if you are sick of living in your Groundhog day type of life and want something better, then I would encourage you to allow the Holy Spirit to lead you forward into real maturity. We are truly living in the last days now and time is running out, so we must be wise and not careless with our choices. We all stand before God alone to give an account for our life here on earth in the end. Trust that as you cooperate daily with God’s work through your wilderness, that your Groundhog Day will finally end for good.

JN 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

ISA 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

https://www.facebook.com/LonnieMackleyMinistry

groundhog day

Jeff Kingshott
    Participant

Thank you Lonnie

Unshakable love

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar