Fear or Faith… Wimps or warriors.

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words Fear or Faith… Wimps or warriors.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Frannie Antonucci
    Participant

HE MAKES THE WEAK BOLD AS LIONS
    Jim Cymbala
    February 9, 2019

King David wanted to build the temple in Jerusalem and create a magnificent building for God, but the Lord told him that he would not be the one to do it. Instead, the Lord chose his son Solomon. All the officials of Israel gathered in Jerusalem and David announced God’s plan. “[God] said to me: ‘Solomon your son is the one who will build my house and my courts’” (1 Chronicles 28:6).

God’s choice was clear. Seems simple, right? David had already received the building plans from God himself and collected most of the needed materials. All Solomon had to do was start. But right there is so often the place of failure. David understood the challenge facing his son. Throughout the chapter we find him encouraging Solomon: “Be strong and do the work” (v. 10). And “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished” (v. 20).

Despite the fact that Solomon was God’s choice and that he had complete instructions and all of the needed materials, he still had to get past the fear that paralyzes us to inaction. The Message, a contemporary Bible translation, renders verse 10, “And do it!” No one is saying that there will not be opposition or problems, but it is through the Spirit’s impartation of faith and boldness that we can be brave and move ahead with the work God has called us to do.

God has called all of us to something. Jesus said about the moment he will return: “Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come” (Mark 13:33). But because of fear, we haven’t always gone out and done it.

The Holy Spirit is greater in power than our shyness or timidity and he is greater than our fear of rejection or failure. His power makes the weakest as bold as a lion (see Proverbs 28:1).

Jim Cymbala began the Brooklyn Tabernacle with less than twenty members in a small, rundown building in a difficult part of the city. A native of Brooklyn, he is a longtime friend of both David and Gary Wilkerson.

As I read this post this am I heard the LORD say to the intercessors.. We are going to have to fight (Especially in NY) against the spirit of fear. We need to remember we are warriors and not wimps.. To all the intercessors out there. May we be filled with a fresh wind of Faith and remember we are WARRIORS FOR THE LORD..

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Ron McGatlin.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Ron McGatlin.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar