CLOUDS OF WITNESSES

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lily Deschamps
    Participant

VISION:

In this vision, from many years ago, I am floating in space observing the earth as a globe.  The earth was encircled all around with white moving clouds. In front of me and also hovering in space was the Lord Jesus with the earth behind Him. He had His left hand on His chest and the other right hand extended outward.  His appearance was like the clouds in substance but His features were still well defined and visible. (It just occurred to me that He was made of the same ethereal white fabric as the clouds encircling the earth.)

INTERPRETATION:

Within the context of this vision, the clouds are recognized as His awesome Saints. That is to say, witnesses who live by faith in Christ and who are already encircling the earth.  These moving clouds are also composed of a faithful people called to evangelize the globe and share gifts of the Spirit for the benefit of the Church. That Jesus had His right hand extended symbolized the calling to become part of these clouds.  At that time, I had little to no knowledge of scriptures and I was hard pressed to understand the vision.  But with the invitation also came the calling to read and study scriptures as seen in multiple visions afterwards.  At times silver spoons were shown on bibles, other times forks (for the deeper meat of the Word).  It was a time of being equipped and of preparation on different levels, and still is.

The purpose of sharing this vision today is to encourage the body of Christ to live by faith in His finished works.  Let us consider the great biblical overcomers, the great and faithful patriarchs of old as an example. “Think about it.”  (Spoken Words)  Indeed, we are called to ponder that matter and really think about what that uniquely means to each and every one of us!  As faithful Believers, we are sons and daughters of our FATHER. I am now hearing: “KING!”  Yes, we are Heirs of royalty! We share the same Spirit as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!  We are made of the same fabric! And that by nature of that heavenly inheritance, that makes us a very particular and strong people, a people of the faith! A people of righteous living and of accomplishments in obedience to the Lord! And though we might get knocked down at times, we dust ourselves off and get up again because that is what the old patriarchs – the cloud of witnesses – did, and that is what faith does! And we get up even stronger than our last battle because we have learned the lesson, we have learned to rest in Christ, we have become wiser, we have increased in faith!

If you are weary today and feel faint, you are called to recognize your identity as heirs of royalty. Bring to remembrance that in affliction, opposition or oppression you are never, ever alone, although it might feel like that at times. The truth is that you are encircled by an awesome cloud of witnesses whose testimonies and works will be like comforting raindrops on weary and parched soul. And let us never forget that we are immeasurably loved and blessed beyond human comprehension by Christ our King!  If you will let Him, He will battle for you and alongside you as He wields His mighty Sword of Truth. Onward and upward, Christian soldier of Light! You are an overcomer in Christ, you are of the Faith!

RELATED VERSES:

Therefore let us also, seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising shame, and hath sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that hath endured such gainsaying of sinners against themselves, that ye wax not weary, fainting in your souls. (Apostle Paul)

Be blessed in your inheritance today!  Be blessed in the faith!

Suzanne

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar