A Bride Being Sanctified – Holy unto Jesus

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly Fowler
    Participant

Yesterday I was reading Hosea 2:19-20, which was standing out to me and just really precious to my spirit:

“I will betroth you to Me forever;
    Yes, I will betroth you to Me
    In righteousness and justice,
    In lovingkindness and mercy;
    I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
    And you shall know the Lord.”

And my spirit was hearing it in this manner:

I will betroth you to Me in righteousness; I will betroth you to Me in justice; I will betroth you to Me in lovingkindness; I will betroth you to Me in mercy; I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, and you shall know the Lord.

Today I was drawn to look up what the Hebrew meaning of “betrothed” meant. This is from Wikipedia:

Erusin (אירוסין) is the Hebrew term for betrothal. In modern Hebrew, “erusin” means engagement, but this is not the historical meaning of the term, which is the first part of marriage (the second part being nissuin).[1]
    Since the Middle Ages[2] it is customary for the marriage to occur immediately after the betrothal, and to perform the betrothal during the marriage ceremony itself. Previously this was not the case, and there were often several months between the two events.[3]
    In Hebrew and classical rabbinic literature, betrothal is frequently referred to as sanctification (Hebrew: Kiddushin, קידושין), on account of the bride becoming “sanctified” (dedicated) to the groom.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erusin)

This is just beautiful to me. He is purifying a Bride to Himself. He is sanctifying His Bride, and this is the time for the Bride herself to prepare for the Bridegroom, to come before Him in clean linen without spot or wrinkle for the Wedding Day. We are betrothed to Him!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar