God Doesn't Usually Talk To Strangers—Does He Talk To You? – JD King

Home Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION – Articles, Personal, Encouragement, Prayer, Testimonies, Fellowship, Missions , Revival, etc. God Doesn't Usually Talk To Strangers—Does He Talk To You? – JD King

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster
    God Doesn’t Usually Talk To Strangers—Does He Talk To You?

Posted: 11 Jul 2017 07:24 AM PDT

This goes without saying, but people generally don’t talk to strangers. Most primarily converse with individuals that they’re already relationally connected to.

Things are no different in the Bible. Studying some of the examples of God’s communication with humanity, one finds that it was frequently rooted in covenant or a sense of “family.”

What some might call prophetic encounters were simply aspects of the daily communion for Adam and Eve. They were so intimately connected with the Heavenly Father that direct communication with Him became a natural outgrowth.

The following scripture alludes to this: “The man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day” (Genesis 3:8a).

We know that God desires to actively speak with His sons and daughters. This isn’t surprising. Communication is the fruit of intimacy. Those that we know and love receive our most precious words.

Jesus also spoke about this. To some of His closest followers, He declared,“I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me” (John 15:15).

Jesus reminds us that those who live like slaves are rarely cognizant of things. However, intimate friends are a whole other matter. They are usually given the privilege of knowing everything.

Very few become friends of God—but not because they’re without opportunity. God desires that all of humanity would come to know Him in a deeply personal way.

You and I have received a unique invitation to fellowship and family. How are we going to respond?

JD King
    World Revival Network Blog
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar