“What Does It Mean to Remain Unadulterated?”
Mandy Woodhouse, Brisbane, Australia
For two months now, I have had a series of dreams that involve the word “unadulterated.” I have not felt led to release anything about this until today. I recently had another one of these dreams, and that put an urgency in my heart regarding the importance of this word, “UNADULTERATED,” for the Body of Christ.
Unadulterated is defined as:, pure, unmixed,
• “Having no inferior or added substances”
• “Not mixed or diluted with any extra elements”
• “Complete and absolute”
A Residue of Mixture
In my most recent dream, there were a group of Christians walking around with a veil over each of their faces. The veil represented a perception filter. In science fiction, a perception filter changes one’s perception of reality, drawing attention away from the main focal point, even tricking the memory. (Photo via Unsplash)
The people who had these perception veils over their faces were having conversations, hugs and coffees with other Believers who did not carry these veils. When the conversations ended, I noticed that there was an ash-like powder being left as a residue on those who did not have a perception veil. It was as if an INFERIOR SUBSTANCE was being left upon the skin of those who had come into the conversation unadulterated. They were leaving with a residue of mixture.
In the dream, as well as when I woke up, this was very disconcerting to my spirit. I looked up the first dream I had in March 2022, when the Holy Spirit first spoke the word “unadulterated” to me, and I read what He had spoken to me regarding this word:
“I want your words to remain unadulterated.”
“I want your home to be unadulterated.”
“I want your friendships – and what you converse about – to be unadulterated.”
“I need your thoughts to remain unadulterated.”
“I desire anything you teach to remain purely, unadulteratedly JESUS.”
“You must live, in every way, unadulterated.”
Keys to Remaining Unadulterated
As I prayed into this, I felt the Lord give me four keys to remaining unadulterated, especially in the context of friendship with those who may be affected by a warped perspective at the moment.
1. If you have ashes on your skin, I heard Him say to exchange those ashes for His beauty! Isaiah 61 speaks of this. Submit the ashes, repent of where you may have agreed with the enemy, and then receive His beauty and trust that He will work it out for your good (Romans 8:28).
2. I heard Him say, “change the tune.” If there’s a song on a playlist that you don’t like, you simply change it or turn it off. Pray for a spirit of wisdom and revelation, pray for discernment and grace, and then change the topic of conversation. Anything that is inferior to who Jesus is can be redirected to Him. (Photo via Unsplash)
3. Prepare to be misunderstood. This may take prayer and time in His presence, allowing Him to love on you, but He will strengthen your feeble knees and weary hands (Isaiah 35:3). We can also trust that He WILL work EVERYTHING out for the GOOD of those who love Him (Romans 8:28)…
4. Prayer, worship and remembering who God is are things that will always crack through broken or warped perspectives (Ephesians 5:19). Take the lead in the conversation, and don’t let it get away from worshiping our great God.
I felt an urgency on this word to remain UNADULTERATED; to refuse a spirit that will mix anything inferior into your thinking, or that will:
• Dilute your faith
• Dilute your understanding of God’s goodness
• Dilute your authority
• Pollute your feelings about the local church or church leaders
• Water down the finished work of Jesus
Stay close to Him, and allow His love to wash over you today. We break off all wrong perceptions, all ashes and offense, and all the effects of any spirit of the age, in Jesus’ MIGHTY name!
Mandy Woodhouse is a wife, a published author, a speaker, an evangelist and a teacher. Originally from Louisiana, she is the New Believers pastor at Glory City Church in Brisbane, Australia. She, alongside her husband, both teach at the Glory City Academy and sit on the Queensland Prophetic Council. Mandy has a strong gift of exhortation and a love for the Word of God. She lives to use her prophetic voice, creative teaching style and her writing skills to impart HOPE and to awaken true, righteous IDENTITY in the Body of Christ across the globe, while always pointing to JESUS.