Witch doctor sought to destroy Bible group, but God had other plans – Mark Ellis

Home Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION – Articles, Personal, Encouragement, Prayer, Testimonies, Fellowship, Missions , Revival, etc. Witch doctor sought to destroy Bible group, but God had other plans – Mark Ellis

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

Witch doctor sought to destroy Bible group, but God had other plans

By Mark Ellis —

photo credit: Faith Comes by Hearing

Deladem, a renowned witch doctor, served as a mediator between the living and the dead at his shrine. Many in Tamerko village felt the crafty influences of his occult powers and he became a force to be reckoned with.

One day Daladem was alarmed to hear about a Bible study group in his village and went to investigate their activities.

“My original intent was to cause confusion and finally destroy the Bible listening group in Tamerko,” he told Faith Comes by Hearing (FCBH), which produces audio Bibles.

But God had other plans for Daladem. “Things didn’t happen the way I planned,” he recounted. “One of my visits to the listening sessions left me with some serious thoughts. I heard clearly from God’s Word that unless someone accepts Christ, they are condemned to eternal damnation.”

The power of the Word and the conviction brought by the Holy Spirit began to soften his heart. “It dawned on me that the life I was leading was dark and evil, and I realized that if I did not repent and believe in Jesus Christ, I would suffer the consequences. My growing fear of hell deprived me of sleep that night.”

“The next morning, I hurriedly contacted the Bible listening group leader and told him I wanted to give my life to Christ.”

Daladem surrendered the control of his life to Jesus Christ as his Savior and Lord and was born again!

In response to his new life in Christ he did something dramatic. “I gave up all my idols to be burned in a fire, then joined a church in Tamerko,” he told FCBH.

“Praise God for His power to save and transform! Deladem used to demand money, alcohol, animals, and food from his neighbors in payment for seeking favors for them from his old gods. Now he is the one seeking favor from the one true God,” according to the report by FCBH.

Pray that Deladem would be transformed like Paul in the New Testament and became an ardent defender of the faith; that he would preach the Gospel to his community daily by the power of the Holy Spirit.

“Pray that God would continue to provide for Deladem and his family, and that they would be an example of God’s goodness and trustworthiness.”

To know more about a personal relationship with God, go here

To learn more about Faith Comes by Hearing, go here

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar