Babylon Today

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

It seems to me that Babylon is referred in some Scriptures, as ancient Babylon and elsewhere as a metaphor for the godless entities and nations.

In Revelation 14:8 and Revelation chapters 18, Babylon is a city – verse 16…arrayed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, with much gold and jewels. This matches with the Church of Rome. Revelation 17:9…on 7 hills – as is Rome.

The prophets say;

Isaiah 47:13-15. [daughter of Babylon] a fire burns them up, they cannot save themselves. [The ‘daughter’ nations of Babylon are destroyed by fire.]

Isaiah 48:20-21 Escape from Babylon…. the Lord had redeemed His servants. He leads them through dry places, but He makes water flow from the rock for them.

Isaiah 52:11-13 Go out from Babylon, you that keep the Commandments. [ every faithful Christian] But you will not come out in urgent haste or leave like fugitives, for the Lord will go before you and your rearguard will be Israel’s God. My servants will be successful, honoured and exalted.

Jeremiah 50:1-3 Babylon is put to shame, her false gods are discredited.

Jeremiah 50:4-8 In those days and at that time, Israel and Judah will rejoin and in tears, go in search of their God. Like lost sheep, they had strayed, but now they flee from Babylon and return to Zion.

Jeremiah 50:28 I hear the fugitives escaping from Babylon, in Zion they declare how the Lord has taken vengeance for His Temple.  

The rest of Jeremiah 50 and 51 are a mixture of fulfilled prophecy and events still to come, I recommend that you read them carefully and note Jeremiah 50:25 & Jer.51:55, that this time it is the Lord Himself who deals to Babylon by a fire judgement and how He will save His people; Jeremiah 50:33-34 & Jer. 51:45-51

Then, His true believers, all the faithful Christian people return to the Promised Land:

Isaiah 66:18-21 I will gather My people from every nation and tongue, by every means of transport, they will come as an offering to the Lord in Jerusalem. Some will become priests in the Temple and they will make grain offerings to Me. I shall put My sign upon them and some will go out to the nations, to proclaim the coming Kingdom.   The 144,000 righteous people, selected by Jesus to go out and proclaim the coming Kingdom. Revelation 14:1-7

Luke 10:1-20 is the precursor for this. Before the Return.

Zechariah 8:1-13 I shall come back to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem. [The Shekinah Glory, Ezekiel 43:4] Once again, My people will inhabit the city, it is not impossible for Me to rescue them from the countries in the East and West and bring them back to live in the Holy Land. They will be My people and I will be their God. The ancient prophets promised that the Temple would be rebuilt, until now enemies have prevented that, but now, I do not feel anger against the remnant of this people. For now, they will sow in safety, rains will come and the Land will yield its produce. You – Judah and Israel were as a curse among the nations, now I will save and bless you.             

Courage! Do not lose heart.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar