"The Spirit of Elijah and the Sons of Thunder – It's Time to Roar"

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words "The Spirit of Elijah and the Sons of Thunder – It's Time to Roar"

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

textonly

“The Spirit of Elijah and the Sons of Thunder – It’s Time to Roar”
    by Anita Alexander, Gold Coast, Australia

Recently, on awaking in the early hours of the morning, the Lord’s voice boomed in my ears: “Sons of Thunder – it’s time to ROAR!”

Two Dreams and the Fire Glory

Not long ago, I had two dreams that coincided with each other, one night after the other. The first night I dreamt I was walking in a mall, and I saw a father with a little son. I went over to the father and said, “Oh, isn’t he cute! What is his name?” In my spirit I heard the answer before the father responded. The father replied, “Jeremiah.”

I said to myself, “I knew that, I knew that!” Then moments later, almost in the same place, I saw another father with a son the exact same age. I approached the man and asked, “What is your son’s name?” The same thing happened. I heard his name before the father could reply. The father said, “His name is Thunder.” I had the same response and I was so ecstatic that I knew his name before it was told to me. For some reason this detail stood out.

The next night I had another dream. In this dream I saw balls of “fire glory” exploding in front of me. I knew it was bringing breakthrough. Then I saw a fire glory ball explode over a young man who was sitting down reading. I knew he wasn’t walking with the Lord, but he was seeking. Upon waking, I asked the Lord for interpretation regarding the two dreams.

Dream Interpretation – A Season of Explosive Breakthrough

The second dream’s interpretation came straight away. The Lord led me to the book of Acts regarding Saul’s experience on the road to Damascus. In Acts 26, there is a detailed expository of Paul’s life-changing experience with the Lord. As I studied this passage, I found that the light Paul encountered on the road to Damascus was in fact the “fire” of God, as this same Greek word was used in various other places in the Bible and were interpreted as fire.

One example of the use of this same Greek word was when Peter warmed himself by the “fire” after he denied the Lord. So this light that Saul encountered on the road to Damascus, was an encounter with the glory fire of the Lord that brings sudden breakthrough and divine turnarounds—the same fire which I saw in my dream.

The Lord showed me that we are coming into a season of explosive breakthrough that causes divine turnarounds like the very situation which occurred with Saul. An experience with the fire of God changed his whole direction by interrupting his path and causing him to go in a completely opposite direction.

The first dream is a result of the second. The reason I already “knew” the names of the sons was a symbol of God doing nothing unless He first reveals it to His servants the prophets (Amos 3:7).

Jeremiah means “appointed by God.” Interestingly enough in Acts 26:16, when Saul met Jesus in the explosive glory fire, Jesus “appointed” him to bear witness of Him.

The second son named Thunder refers to the sons of Zebedee, James and John that Jesus nicknamed the “Sons of Thunder” found in Mark 3:17, “James the son of Zebedee and John the brother of James, to whom He gave the name Boanerges, that is, ‘Sons of Thunder.'”

The Lord then tied these two dreams together and I saw what He was saying. The Lord is releasing a glory fire as in the days of Saul, and out of that fire He is “appointing” a generation of the Sons of Thunder.

Thunder (in the reference in Mark 3), in the Greek means to roar. These Sons of Thunder, who will be released throughout the earth, will roar with the voice of God and shake the earth. They will walk in unprecedented power and turn the world upside down for the Kingdom.

“Who has an arm like God? Or can thunder with a voice like His?” (Job 40:9)

“The voice of thunder was in Your whirlwind, the lightnings illumined the world; the earth trembled and shook.” (Psalm 77:18)

“But the thunder of His power who can understand?” (Job 26:14)

With these three Scriptures we see that Thunder refers to the voice of God, the earth shaking, and His power.

Get Ready for Your Appointment – Your High Calling

As in my dream, this glory fire (which first exploded in my path) means this fire will be released on Believers who are praying and believing for divine turnarounds and breakthrough in their own lives. But in this breakthrough we will see “appointments” of upgrades, and they will be released into new levels of the expression of His heart. For though the season has been long and hard to endure, the Lord has been positioning these ones for an upgrade, for a new appointment – an appointment greater than they first expected, for this appointment is to be a Son of Thunder!

Many have wondered why this season has been so long, been so painful and been so hard to bear. The Lord says that it is for the purpose of the high calling. For much given, much is required. The Lord has required a faith that He doesn’t ask of everyone. He has required a humility that not every vessel can endure. But for those, He is about to release in this calling and appointment of Thunder, the last season will begin to make sense. For those that have been through the wilderness of humility and the fires of faith, the Lord can trust with the thunder of His voice and power. They are a vessel ready to be catapulted into destiny in explosive fire and glory.

The Glory Fire of Divine Turnaround – Penetrating Hearts!

“Divine Turnaround” is where a situation is heading in a certain direction, with a predicted outcome, and that situation is suddenly intervened upon by a divine supernatural force that causes the outcome to be the opposite. Paul was in unbelief when he was on the road to Damascus and he was murdering those who believed. It was only the glory fire of God that penetrated his hard heart and brought a murderer to His knees.

Sometimes we think things are hopeless and impossible, we think our circumstances are unfixable or our loved ones are unchangeable; but one encounter with the glory fire and everything is turned around.

This glory fire will pour out over the Believer and unbeliever alike. As in my dream, the ball of fire glory exploded over the young man who was not walking with God, but seeking, not knowing what he was seeking. These unbelievers are ones that have had prayers prayed over their lives for seasons upon seasons, and now the Lord is interrupting their course like He did with Saul and changing the course and direction of their lives. He is penetrating the darkness they are in by His glory fire, calling them into His heart, and setting them on course for Him.

Get ready for your loved ones to come into the Kingdom and be appointed as a Son of Thunder! For God has not forgotten them and His arm is not short that it cannot save.

The Spirit of Elijah

“And he will go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn back the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient and incredulous and unpersuadable to the wisdom of the upright [which is the knowledge and holy love of the will of God] – in order to make ready for the Lord a people prepared [in spirit, adjusted and disposed and placed in the right moral state].” (Luke 1:17 Amplified version)

Disobedient: rebellious, insubordinate, perverse, contrary.
    Incredulous: disbelieving, unbelieving, doubtful, dubious, unconvinced.
    Unpersuadable: obstinate.

These words in the Scripture above speaks of an impenetrable heart, but God!

The Spirit of Elijah mentioned in Luke 1, is an anointing of fire that brings restoration and reconciliation. It is an anointing that turns the tables and draws those that are distant from God into the heart of their Father. I believe this explosive glory fire of divine intervention will draw a hard-hearted, unbelieving generation into the wisdom of the upright, according to Luke 1:17 – to LOVE the will of God. These ones will prepare the way of the Lord, preparing a people made ready for His coming.

We are now in the days of divine turnaround, of wrongs being made right, of courses of destruction being turned to mirror life and life abundantly. Sons of Thunder it’s time to roar! (To Subscribe to the Elijah List go here.)

Anita Alexander
    Revival Flame Ministries

Email: anita@revival-flame.org

Anita Alexander is a prophetic revivalist who has a heart for revival, healing and transformation. Motivated by an intense love for the Body of Christ, Anita’s passion and compassion is to see the Church forsake religion and tradition, awakening to the Father’s love, and arise and walk in the overcoming identity as sons and daughters of the Kingdom. Anita and her husband Dr. Sasha Alexander travel nationally and internationally ministering in revival fire that brings resurrection life, healing and awakening to the Body of Christ. They are co-founders and senior ministers of Revival Flame Ministries, Golden City Church, and University of the Spirit Ministry Training School and reside in Gold Coast, Australia.

Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint these articles in hard copy form, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. We ask only that you keep Elijah List website, email contact info, and author contact information intact.

Elijah List Publications
    http://www.elijahlist.com
    email: info@elijahlist.net

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar