Can You Hear It? Listen for the Sound Within a Sound – By Debra Westbrook

Home Forums VOICE OF PROPHECY – Kingdom of God Prophetic Words Can You Hear It? Listen for the Sound Within a Sound – By Debra Westbrook

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron McGatlin
    Keymaster

Can You Hear It? It’s a Time to Listen Carefully for the Sound Within a Sound

SpeakingThere is a sound within a sound, or above a sound or behind a sound. Listen carefully with the ears of the Spirit. Sounds can easily mask a reality that lies underneath or around them. I need spiritual ears to discern from what direction the sound comes. What is its source? What is it really sounding out? What should I really be hearing in all of it?

Moses heard a sound within a sound.

When Joshua heard the sound of the people shouting noisily, he said to Moses, “That’s the sound of war in the camp!” But Moses said, Those aren’t songs of victory, and those aren’t songs of defeat, I hear songs of people throwing a party. Exodus 32:17-18 (MSG)

Do you see this? He discerned a true sound.

Jesus often said, “Hear what the Spirit is saying.”

Now is the time to listen carefully.

There is a sound above all this noise that permeates social media, the airwaves, TV, radio……….It is a sound that tries to dictate what I believe. It is a sound that distorts or completely annihilates truth in order to conform me to the image of the world.

I need to rise above all the noise to not only see from a Kingdom perspective but to hear what the Spirit of God is saying. Noise attempts to drive me off course. What course? My Kingdom path of righteousness, peace, joy, wisdom, discernment.

There are peculiar sounds out there that try to lead me astray, taking me into caves of fear or anxiety, trying to drive me onto paths of hesitation, procrastination or confusion. Don’t go there.

There is a so-called king of sound (little k) who sits on a throne, trying (and I say trying because he is defeated) to throw us off course into the path of bondage and imprisonment. He throws out fear into the wind, hoping it catches a wave to cover the earth in chaos. Oh, did I say……there is a devil. The media mocks this idea as quaint and archaic. The politically correct crowd sits with arrogance and condescension at any mention of his reality. Yet there is darkness and light. Let me say right now, light overcomes all darkness. In Christ there is light, life, hope and love.

It’s a good time to realize that spiritual warfare is real. Yet, it is essential to KNOW that we are seated in heavenly places and live IN CHRIST, victorious in every way. We fight this battle from a victorious position in Christ. But, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t keep trying to capture us in his grip. Be very careful what you believe, what you listen to, what you watch. Our spiritual senses are under attack.

Listen carefully to a heavenly sound, a higher reality that flows with revelation from a greater throne. A King of Love who speaks and all of creation responds, listens and even claps their hands.

Shout your praises to God, everybody! Let loose and sing! Strike up the band! Round up an orchestra to play for God, add on a hundred-voice choir. Feature trumpets and big trombones; fill the air with praises to King God. Let the sea and its fish give a round of applause, with everything living on earth joining in. Let ocean breakers call out, “Encore!” and mountains harmonize the finale— A tribute to God when he comes, when he comes to set the earth right. He’ll straighten out the whole world; He’ll put the world right, and everyone in it. Psalms 98:4-9 (MSG)

Listen! Learn to listen carefully! How do I fine-tune my hearing? In His presence.

Worship the Lord in the beauty of His holiness. Be still and know that He is God. Spend time alone – you and Jesus.

Why are you worried? Why do you fear? What sound are you listening to?

Jesus says, “My sheep hear my voice.”

ListenGod shouts and He whispers. His voice is carried on high from the heights of creation while at the same time, whispering within my life, Christ in me, the hope of glory. What a paradox. A God who shouts and whispers at the same time. His sound covers the earth in glory.

Today. This day. Learn to listen. Chaos will increase in the earth. Where is your path of clarity? How do you even find it? How do you know which way to turn?

Again I say, be still and spend time in the presence of the Lord. In this place, He calibrates and aligns your hearing to the beat of His heart. His sound will direct your steps onto a clear path. You will be led forth in wisdom and peace despite chaos all around. People around you will wonder, “Why are you joyful? What is that peace in your life?”

Learn to listen. Be slow to speak and quick to listen. Selah.

Debra

Living with Passion and Purpose In Christ,
    Debra Westbrook

About Me
    Rivers of Eden Ministry

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Ron McGatlin.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to toolbar