Print Page | Close Window

Trained By Grace by Dudley Hall

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: KINGDOM/APOSTOLIC Transformation & Reformation ARTICLES & Discussion
Forum Discription: Revival/renewal and increased personal intimacy with God has led to transformation and reformation toward the kingdom of God.
URL: http://www.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38635
Printed Date: 10/30/2014 at 11:11pm

Topic: Trained By Grace by Dudley Hall

Posted By: Kathy Bippus
Subject: Trained By Grace by Dudley Hall
Date Posted: 12/30/2011 at 3:45pm

We are trained either by grace or by law. As creatures designed by God to represent him on earth, we are conscious of the order in creation. If we have not been impacted by grace, we will by default live in relationship to law. We may try to follow it, or we may try to deny it, but we cannot escape our own awareness of it.

Law tells us what to do, but it doesn’t provide the ability to fulfill its commands. It is designed to frustrate us to the point of desperation where we call out for a Savior. It is a strange wonder that those who have been redeemed from the law would want to return to a master that intends to frustrate. Yet that continues to be the case in every situation where believers lose sight of the mystery of grace.

Grace is so “unnatural” that we have to continually be reminded of it, or we will revert to something more comfortable to our flesh-perspective. Like the Israelites of Exodus 19, we still think we can obey if only we get the instructions. How many times do we hear ourselves say such things as, “If I just knew the will of God (the right thing to do), I would do it.” We still tend to believe that our problem is lack of information. This is the temptation of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Law presents a proposition. “If you will…, then God will…” That leaves the burden on us. It is a valid proposition. God blesses the righteous. He will not be faithless in granting blessings on those who live by the prescribed instructions. But even if we could live by the prescriptions, we would still have a heart that is fraught with fears, insecurities, rebellion and uncontrolled desires. Law does not transform us. It exposes us.

Grace presents a proclamation: “Because God has, you can.” God has already acted on our behalf without any action on our part. He has lived up to the demands of the law and paid its penalty. He has raised Jesus from the dead and sent the same Spirit that raised him to live in us. He has declared that we are his special people and that he is accomplishing his purposes on earth through us.

What good news! What is left for us to do? We believe and behave according to our faith. That will produce lives absent the ungodliness that comes from trying to find satisfaction in worldly substitutes. Grace trains us to think differently so that we act differently. It is not just a mind game either. God has regenerated us in the deepest part of our being so that now we are living out of the new creation and learning to bring everything in subjection to thoughts that coincide with truth as it is in Jesus Christ. What a salvation that has appeared and is appearing as we wait for the final appearance!

Replies:

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 12/30/2011 at 4:14pm

Excellent!  TY for posting my precious Sister and God bless our Brother Dudley for a heart to hear and the ability to pass on TRUTH that sets us FREE! My meditation recently has been on this very same Truth, (((FATHER GOD'S AMAZING GRACE))),,, "GOD HAS ALREADY ACTED ON OUR BEHALF WITHOUT ANY ACTION ON OUR PART." YEAH GOD!!! WHAT GOOD NEWS! TY JESUS!!! Love you ALL

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Posted By: Colleen Philip
Date Posted: 12/30/2011 at 7:01pm

Hi, I've just started posting yesterday after 3 years of reading & absorbing Kingdom teachings at OH.  This is such a good message to ponder & rest in...thank you for posting. 

When I was first led out of church & attempted to return, I'd listen for grace messages to know if they had Father's heart or not.  The "if you will...then God will" message certainly is a red flag to help identify that old hidden message of the law & performance.  It has been so easy at times to get wrapped up in this...thankfully He's helping me find more & more rest in Him to help me identify this from His way of Grace.  I like the reminder that His Grace is so unnatural that we need reminders about it...how true.

The other trap I fall into is the "if I knew His Will I'd do it" forgetting that this is the wrong tree...forgetting that in His rest He helps me see as He sees, that HIs life in me is His GIFT along with His Wisdom for any situation.  I'm only really beginning to experience this but already I'm liking it very much.   I keep thinking on & expecting a similar blessing like Henry F. wrote about in another post - about Father putting him to sleep & doing a deep work in him that only now is he gradually beginning to understand all that He's done by His Grace alone. 

The revelation of His Grace & Love toward us, so freely given, is finally becoming clearer to me.  I can see, as some posts here have explained, this being the beginning of our 3rd Day/Feast of Tabernacles lifestyle beginning...where we move from the in-part realm of Pentecost or Christ "in us" to the homecoming realm of being "in Christ".  I don't know if I'm explaining this right as I want to or not...  I've walked in the Pentecost realm since 1977, sometimes better than others, but like it says above with many fears & insecurities despite His presence "in me".  (like "Much Afraid" in Hannah Hunnard's book) I was subject to so many enemy lies that Father didn't love me or as much as others etc & my failed performances would send me hiding out of shame or fear of disappointing HIm.  Faithfully He'd woo me back & each time would be shorter hiding bouts, but I'd still be vulnerable to those lies & my fears.  I like this new place of security much better, where my relationship with Him depends upon His love & promises only, on His Grace & Goodness toward me...& definitely not on my performance.  This is soooooo much better...I don't want to leave here...but I'll need those reminders about His supernatural Grace as this post says.

Again thanks for posting...I will use this one to meditate on!

Blessings, Colleen

Date Posted: 12/31/2011 at 9:44pm

i can relate very much with what you're saying Colleen,

He's All Sufficient and we can truly rest, knowing that to be truth. i have been on a journey for over a year and a half now, in returning to the simplicity of Christ and it has been wonderful! during this time, although not always succeeding in doing so lol i have had to steer clear of some of the things which everso subtly promote the law rather than grace. there is a purpose why the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Grace has been emphasizing Great Grace, as there has been a falling away from, among the family of God. there are words and such being promoted as truth and are not. but He is so Good, so Merciful, so Kind, so Patient, so Long-Suffering, etc. in His oh such Lavious Love for us..that He removes our stinkin' thinkin'.  i'm so very thankful to Him : ) 

Paul's travailing again til Christ be formed re the church of Galatia. they started out well, yet were bewitched by some professing Grace yet bringing mixture(Law). we see Paul actually addressing these things quite a bit throughout his writings doesn't he? i'm like you, i don't know where i went off track( well, i do know some of) but so glad He put me back on it ..freedom! : )

much Love and blessings,

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: Stacey Yerian
Date Posted: 01/01/2012 at 7:27am

Great post - thank you Kathy!

-------------
From glory to glory,
Anastasia Lee

Date Posted: 01/01/2012 at 9:52am

Kathy I agree with Stacey, thanks for posting!  That message of mixture is so strong & has been such an ingrained source within to keep us attempting things in our own power & independence from our Father.  IIt is easily triggered where it still resides within us to bring us back to our own efforts again, to believe that now I have the key so this time my outcomes will be different.  Of course they're not because we're still attempting in our own steam even while thinking we're doing His will.  And of course He lets us until we realize that we still can't do it & like Wade says, we return to Him as our Saviour in that area or situation. 

You're right, Kathy, He is so patient & long-suffering toward us when we do this.  As Wade says, He waits for us to come to the frustration of the law & our useless attempts to tranform ourselves where His Grace then can meet us.  Then He brings us home in that area to the reality that IN HIM it's already accomplished, so 'sit down here With Me & watch it work out in your life according to MY WILL already released to work for your good in this situation! 

Another encouraging word for 2012 on this site talks about the first few months of this year being a time for release & deliverance from the areas of struggle that have escaped victory in our lives.  I wonder if in the midst of these types of frustrations in our lives if we're about to be brought into His Revelation of His Reality so that we may experience His Salvation in them & enter into His Rest & Victory.  I say, YES PLEASE, FATHER!  I'm READY!  \O/

-------------
Blessings, Colleen

Owe no man anything but love, carry no offences as Jesus did, & live righteously by giving generously with no strings!
"In Him we live, move, & have our being"...Amen!

Date Posted: 01/01/2012 at 9:17pm

i've been finishing up somethings around here,(whew! the mind thinks 'cartwheel!' the body says,' i dun think so' lol)..i'm moving tomorrow and will be back online the 5th..

you're welcome Stacey, it's good to be reminded. Holy Spirit is definitely emphasising Grace to the body at this time. : )

well put Collen, it is definitely adamicly inspired. i went through a burn out from being self-sufficient and though in that, having made my bed in hell( self-sufficiency produces that), He was their! oh how i Love Him!

He is Faithful and True, He's taken us from glory(adam) to glory(Christ) our minds be made renewed to Christ. the only striving/effort we are to be doing is to enter His Rest and to strive to remain in. that effort is simply living, walking in Spirit, being led of and taught of Spirit.

yeah, there is a holy frustration at work for sure and i agree with you, when that is `felt' it is His working within us to bring us into the place of Rest in whatever area within. it is this land within that is to be possessed first. i like what Paul says, and this is from the Message Trans.

"The very credentials these people are waving around as something special, I'm tearing up and throwing out with the trash—along with everything else I used to take credit for. And why? Because of Christ. Yes, all the things I once thought were so important are gone from my life. Compared to the high privilege of knowing Christ Jesus as my Master, firsthand, everything I once thought I had going for me is insignificant—dog dung. I've dumped it all in the trash so that I could embrace Christ and be embraced by him. I didn't want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes from keeping a list of rules when I could get the robust kind that comes from trusting Christ—God's righteousness.

I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, experience his resurrection power, be a partner in his suffering, and go all the way with him to death itself. If there was any way to get in on the resurrection from the dead, I wanted to do it.

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. "
amen! can i get a witness?!

Love you all!

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 01/02/2012 at 12:12am

Yep, me too, Sister,,,"I"M OFF AND RUNNING, AND I'M NOT TURNING BACK."  (((To His Majesty i will ever lift my voice and in Him I will rejoice for ALL His done for me...To His Majesty I lift up holy hands and in His presence I will stand for ALL eternity.)))  These are words to a song by Phil Driscoll that I'm listening to as I type here,,,my heart confession exactly.  May God's great grace & multiplied favor show up in your move-in everything & everywhere you go & you do...HALLELUJAH!

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Posted By: Stacey Yerian
Date Posted: 01/02/2012 at 6:01am

Witness sister!

Safety and peace to you the next few days of moving.  HIS STRENGTH -

Love that Message bible translation - I just pulled a verse out from mine yesterday and decided I'm gonna start using mine more. 

-------------
From glory to glory,
Anastasia Lee

Date Posted: 01/02/2012 at 9:07am

I like that translation too!  Since coming 'out of religion' I still find certain translations & especially certain passages still illicit that old 'uh oh you're doing it wrong again' response inside...I'll be very glad when He finally clears away the last of the old filter from my eyes so that I can read His word with His eyes & Intent!  That will be heavenly!

Also sending moving grace your way Kathy.  I'm off too until next Tues on a family holiday...I'm expecting Father's presence on this one...I'll give any praise reports on personal sharing forum...

Blessed 2012 to you all!

-------------
Blessings, Colleen

Owe no man anything but love, carry no offences as Jesus did, & live righteously by giving generously with no strings!
"In Him we live, move, & have our being"...Amen!

Print Page | Close Window