Print Page | Close Window

a warning to the Shepherds

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://www.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34671
Printed Date: 07/26/2014 at 8:09am

Topic: a warning to the Shepherds

Posted By: David L. Smith
Subject: a warning to the Shepherds
Date Posted: 11/08/2010 at 12:05pm

I never consider something to be "from the Lord" without confirmation.  I first check 'everything' 1)against God's Word; 2) with Holy Spirit within; and, preferably 3) against other Words, etc from God.

The below has been confirmed multiple times in the past few weeks.

Ezekiel 34:2 - Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy , and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds ; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?

(from biblestudytools.com: http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/ezekiel/34-2.html - http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/ezekiel/34-2.html )

the words : 'shepherds' and 'feed' are the SAME WORDS in the Hebrew language; it really says: woe to the shepherds who shepherd themselves; shouldn't the shepherds shepherd the flock?

God will no longer tolerate his 'Shepherds' fleecing the flock.

There are many pastors out there who are shepherding themselves and feeding off of the fat, wool, and meat of their flock. 

There are many, MANY Pastors who have the true heart of a Pastor and who are TRUE shepherds of the "sheep". 

God always looks upon the heart; so, He is NOT talking about those who are true shepherds. 

But, to those shepherds that Ezekiel 34 are talking to - read the rest of the chapter.

God will take your flock from you.  God will hold you accountable. God will make very certain that His sheep are cared for.

and yes - this IS a watchman's cry.  whether or not you believe it is irrelevant to the watchman.

In closing, everyone please -please- pray for your Pastors!  They have, in my opinion, the most difficult assignment of ALL of the five-fold ministries.  The 'wolves' that are out there KNOW that if they can "take out" the shepherds, then the sheep will be easy prey.  Please pray for your shepherds and help them take care of the flock!  They can NOT do it all themselves!  Come on, 'Army of God', the Shepherds need your help!

-------------
God's Arrow

Replies:

Posted By: Don Rice
Date Posted: 11/09/2010 at 10:33am

Wow! Bro. David, that word rings loud in my spirit.

Posted By: Dave Spencer
Date Posted: 11/10/2010 at 9:10am

The bible also says that His burden is light and that He will help us carry any burdens that we are given to carry.

I believe that the main reason that many pastors burn out and/or go astray is that they/we are still following many of the traditions of man rather than the Word of God!

If we all would just stop and look at the letter labeled I Corin. and understand that it is written

"1:2  Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
3  Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ."

and

"14:36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
37  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
38  But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.",

then we would realize that most of Christianity is "ignorant" in that we do not obey "the commandments of the Lord" relayed to us in this letter.

If we want a place to start, then "let two or three prophets speak".  Doesn't say that they all have to speak for the same length of time.

Make no mistake about it;  the church will not see true and lasting revival until we get a revelation and understanding of the first letter written to Corinth and to all Christians!  Then the pastors will find their proper function and place in the Body of Christ and will help us to be educated in the ways of the Lord!

Dave

Print Page | Close Window