Print Page | Close Window

I Hear The Sound Of The Abundance Of Rain

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://www.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=32303
Printed Date: 09/02/2014 at 4:44pm

Topic: I Hear The Sound Of The Abundance Of Rain

Posted By: Becky Porter
Subject: I Hear The Sound Of The Abundance Of Rain
Date Posted: 05/07/2010 at 5:14pm

I Hear The Sound Of The Abundance Of Rain

By Becky Porter

I am reminded of the passage of scripture found in 1 Kings 18:41-46, where Elijah was praying for rain with his face between his knees.  Elijah kept sending his servant to look and tell him what he saw, and each time his servant reported that he saw nothing, UNTIL the seventh time when he said, “A cloud as small as a man's hand is arising out of the sea.”  Elijah gave his servant a message to give to Ahab - “Hitch your chariot and go down, lest the rain stop you”, and one can imagine the haste in which his servant left to carry out Elijah’s request, because just as promised, the rain DID come, and it was a very, very heavy rain!

Right now, as I am waiting on the Lord, I hear the sound of the abundance of rain.  I smell rain in the air.  I can feel the way the environment feels when rain is on the way.  I see that the trees and bushes are beginning to blow in the wind, and the leaves are also beginning to blow.  The rain is almost here – it is VERY, VERY CLOSE!

“Get ready, get ready, for it’s on the way.

Look up and rejoice, for soon, you will see that day! 

Don’t look to the left and don’t look to the right,

But keep your eyes focused and don’t lose sight. 

I see the cloud now, the size of a man’s hand,

And though you may not yet see it, or understand,

That cloud is growing, moment-by-moment,

And soon that rain will hit our land.”

Though we were in what seemed like a drought season, that drought is soon coming to an end.

I see that the heavenlies are very, very busy.  I see that there is much activity and excitement, and the angels are busy with their assigned tasks.  There is a lot of hustle and bustle back and forth because they see that we are finally getting very serious, and we have stood up and are about the Lord’s work - each of us obeying, and doing what God has called us to do.  They’ve been waiting for this moment, and in fact, they’ve been waiting for us for a very long time, and that time is finally here.  The trumpet has been sounded, and I see that people who have been in a deep sleep in the body of Christ, and others that have been out of position, are waking up out of their deep sleep.  I see many, many people lying on their beds, but now they are waking up, stirring, moving, yawning, and arising.  They are putting on their full spiritual armor, and they are looking up and receiving their assignments from the Lord.  I hear the words, “Wake up sleeper, and arise!”  I hear a trumpet blowing loudly.  I see intercessors climbing back up on the wall that have been out of position by choice, or by displacement of the enemy.  I see the men arising and putting on their armor and becoming the Valiant Warriors that God has called them to be.  They are serious, and they are ready to fight the enemy and protect us.  I see the children getting into position.  I see the worshippers, dancers, and banner carriers getting into position.  This army is ready to fight and take back their land.  I hear the words, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.”  Psalm 34:19

Hos 6:1-3 NKJV

Come, and let us return to the LORD; for He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up. After two days He will revive us; On the third day He will raise us up, that we may live in His sight. Let us know, let us pursue the knowledge of the LORD. His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, like the latter and former rain to the earth.

1 Kings 18:41-46 (Amplified Bible)

And Elijah said to Ahab, Go up, eat and drink, for there is the sound of abundance of rain.  So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he bowed himself down upon the earth and put his face between his knees and said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up and looked and said, There is nothing. Elijah said, Go again seven times.  And at the seventh time the servant said, A cloud as small as a man's hand is arising out of the sea. And Elijah said, Go up, say to Ahab, Hitch your chariot and go down, lest the rain stop you.  In a little while, the heavens were black with wind-swept clouds, and there was a great rain. And Ahab went to Jezreel.  The hand of the Lord was on Elijah. He girded up his loins and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel [nearly twenty miles].

Becky Porter

lovetoencourage@yahoo.com

Replies:

Posted By: JerilynCapaccio
Date Posted: 05/07/2010 at 5:35pm

Thanks Becky this was a great encouragement to me

Quote:
I am reminded of the passage of scripture found in 1 Kings 18:41-46, where Elijah was praying for rain with his face between his knees. Elijah kept sending his servant to look and tell him what he saw, and each time his servant reported that he saw nothing, UNTIL the seventh time when he said, “There is a cloud, as small as a man’s hand, rising out of the sea!” Elijah told his servant to hurry up and be on his way before the rain came, and then of course the rain DID come, and it was a very, very heavy rain!

Wow.. God reminded me of this story about Elijah in the very recent past.. the part where his servant went out the seventh time and there was a cloud the size of a man's hand! It is a reminder to keep looking... our faith will become sight!

Quote:
This army is ready to fight and take back their land. I hear the words, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.”

Amen!!

Becky

Heather

-------------
"But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head." Ps 3:3

Posted By: Wayne Mitchell
Date Posted: 05/07/2010 at 7:27pm

Praise You, and Thank You, Dearest God!

Date Posted: 05/08/2010 at 7:32am

JerilynCapaccio wrote:
Thanks Becky this was a great encouragement to me

Heather

Hi Heather,

I am so glad this word encouraged you - that makes me very happy! 

When you said "It is a reminder to keep looking... our faith will become sight!"  That is so very true - we are not to focus on what we can see in the natural, but we are to press into God and to trust Him.  He has given each one of us precious promises to hold onto, and He will faithfully fulfill those promises if we press into Him in faith, just as the woman with the issue of blood - it was her faith that made her whole. 

As I type this, the Lord is reminding me of a prophetic word He gave me previously.  One morning the Lord woke me up and He said, "Faith has a voice and it moves me!" It was very powerful, and He immediately had my attention!  I got up and began to write a prophetic word under His inspiration and leading and here is an excerpt from that word...

"Faith has a voice and it moves me!"  Do you know that without faith it is impossible to please God?  Do you realize that our faith pleases God so much that it literally draws forth His healing virtue and provision for us, (in whatever area of our lives that we need it), just like it did for the woman with the issue of blood?  It was her faith that drew the healing virtue out of Jesus and made her whole.  Please take special note that THE PROVISION IS ALREADY THERE FOR US - JESUS HAS IT READY AND WAITING FOR US, AND WE CAN DRAW IT OUT THROUGH OUR FAITH, TRUST AND OBEDIENCE. 

He reminded me of a vision He gave me a couple of years ago.  In this vision, I saw a cloud of blessings hovering over our lives.  This cloud is full, VERY full, just as a rain cloud that is getting ready to pour forth rain.  These clouds hold blessings that God desires to give to us, but we have been thinking that the blessings are just going to "pop out" of those clouds and into our lives without us doing anything, and we have wondered why the heavens have so still above us.  In the vision, I saw that as we opened our mouths and spoke forth the Word of God over our lives (as well as personal promises that He has given us), those words came out of our mouths as arrows, and those arrows began to penetrate the clouds over our heads.  As the arrows made holes in the clouds, the blessings of God began to pour forth through the holes, and into our lives.  end quote]

Thank you so much for sharing Heather - God used you to remind me of the word above, and I feel that He wants me to post this word separately.  

I pray that everyone reading this will soon see those things that they are standing and believing for - I pray that He will bless each of you above and beyond what you could ask or think - in new ways and at new levels. 

Right now He is showing me a vision of a very large storehouse of grain and I see that the doors are standing open and there is an abundance of grain inside that He has stored up for us, and the grain is pouring forth through the open doors! 

Thank You Father, thank You!  We receive Your provision and Your blessings!  You are SO VERY faithful, and we praise You with all of our hearts! 

Wow, what a precious gift from the Lord to all of us - He is absolutely amazing and wonderful!

God bless you all!

Becky

Date Posted: 05/08/2010 at 7:34am

Wayne Mitchell wrote:

Praise You, and Thank You, Dearest God!

God bless you Wayne!  Thank you so much for sharing - you always bless me! 

Becky

Posted By: JerilynCapaccio
Date Posted: 05/08/2010 at 10:58am

Becky

Thank you again and you are welcome

Quote:
He has given each one of us precious promises to hold onto, and He will faithfully fulfill those promises if we press into Him in faith, just as the woman with the issue of blood - it was her faith that made her whole.

Yes!

Quote:
THE PROVISION IS ALREADY THERE FOR US - JESUS HAS IT READY AND WAITING FOR US, AND WE CAN DRAW IT OUT THROUGH OUR FAITH, TRUST AND OBEDIENCE.

Yes.. God has been making that impression on me recently..that he "sees" things "end from beginning." He sees our promises from him "already done." Our faith
makes our promise that is already done in his sight,
become visible to us.

God bless you Becky

Heather

-------------
"But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head." Ps 3:3

Posted By: David Hood
Date Posted: 05/08/2010 at 8:10pm

Hi,

I had put off this for about 6 weeks

The lord had reminded me - to dig the ditches - in fact he said redig the ditches - only - that the digging would not be heavy as it had been done before - but silt had built up in the ditches and made them shallow over time

so re dig them(prayer)

when he first gave this word - it was in preparation for those of the cults to come in

but he has refined the understanding that cults are RELIGIOUS - and in fact the ditches are to catch the religious that is to be swept into the kingdom and religion that is to be swept away

but 6 weeks ago - he reminded me - of a healing that took place. Our fellowship had a  husband and wife whos very young grandson was very ill with rapidly closing airways and was in hospital. So we prayed - and a few days later his mother told us he was healed. Praise God.

the lord showed me a vison regarding this - i was in a tropical rain forest - and on the forest floor I found myself looking up, trying to peer through the thick leafed canopy of leaves.

All of a sudden - in ultra slow motion - i saW A SINGLE HEAVY RAINDROP - it passed by me soooo slowly i followed it with my eye - and it hit a shiny, broad and thick leaved plant next to my foot - with a resounding  THWACK!!!

i then looked up - and saw in ultra slow motion, more raindrops yet they could be individually counted and tracked right down to the ground.

The lord said - David - this healing of the boy - is a sign of the MANY MORE to come

and as stated earlier - in the last 6 weeks - he has said redig those ditches - for the rain is coming - and with it the religion will be swept away and the religious find the fruit of the LABOUR OF THE WORK CLEARING OUT THE DITCHES - AND THE MANY WILL BE HEALED.

I kept this back, thinking - na - you are just following what others say - but no - as i waited it was confirmed - many thanks and praise be to God - children see the small hand - but they know it will grow - for it is in fact the hand of their God.

Posted By: Michele Hay
Date Posted: 05/08/2010 at 8:44pm

Amen.

-------------
My heart longs and faints for your courts...

Date Posted: 05/09/2010 at 8:17pm

David Hood wrote:

"... and as stated earlier - in the last 6 weeks - he has said redig those ditches - for the rain is coming."

I kept this back, thinking - na - you are just following what others say - but no - as i waited it was confirmed - many thanks and praise be to God - children see the small hand - but they know it will grow - for it is in fact the hand of their God.

Thank you so much for sharing David, what a wonderful confirmation - it is very exciting and encouraging to hear!  I heard a confirmation about the rain coming last Friday when I was driving home from work.  A pastor was preaching, and at the end of his sermon he began to decree over and over again that the rain is coming, and a VERY strong anointing was released every time he made the decree, and I immediately knew it was a confirmation of the word the Lord had given me.  Isn't God good?  He is SOOOOO faithful and He never ceases to amaze me!  He is wonderful and worthy to be praised!

God bless you David, we all needed to hear what the Lord gave you, and I am SO GLAD you shared it with us!

Your sister in Christ,

Becky

Posted By: Maria Woolston
Date Posted: 05/10/2010 at 2:58am

Becky Porter wrote:

He reminded me of a vision He gave me a couple of years ago.  In this vision, I saw a cloud of blessings hovering over our lives.  This cloud is full, VERY full, just as a rain cloud that is getting ready to pour forth rain.  These clouds hold blessings that God desires to give to us, but we have been thinking that the blessings are just going to "pop out" of those clouds and into our lives without us doing anything, and we have wondered why the heavens have so still above us.  In the vision, I saw that as we opened our mouths and spoke forth the Word of God over our lives (as well as personal promises that He has given us), those words came out of our mouths as arrows, and those arrows began to penetrate the clouds over our heads.  As the arrows made holes in the clouds, the blessings of God began to pour forth through the holes, and into our lives.  end quote]

Amen!!! Prevailing prayer and the spoken Word-- His Word will not return unto you void but accomplish that which it has been sent forth to perform   --- only believe and you will see.

Posted By: alicia myers
Date Posted: 05/10/2010 at 7:10am

.Thank you for this ENCOURAGING word Becky! I truly feel and sense the rain, I know we are on the verge and I for one can not wait for this next breakthrough and LEVEL OF GLORY! 

Posted By: Michele Hay
Date Posted: 05/10/2010 at 9:23am

I just read again about the one rain drop falling as you 'looked up'! David...followed by more and more...so encouraging!

Oh yes Lord send you refreshings as a torrent that starts with a prayer and one drop of rain from heaven followed by another and another...wash our hearts and heal us oh Lord...strengthen the weak hands oh Lord we pray...and the weak knees...refreshing we ask for oh Lord...wash away the structures that hinder and dont help...so that the true things of God can come an heal and help us. Amen!

-------------
My heart longs and faints for your courts...

Posted By: Pieter Mesu
Date Posted: 05/10/2010 at 10:56am

I read chapter 2 of Genesis today, this is the scripture the Lord gave me in mind after praying. Its about the formation of heaven and earth, and the garden:

´Now at last the heavens and earth were succesfully completed, with all that they contained. So on the seventh day, having finished his task, God ceased from his work he had been doing, and God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he ceased this work of creation. Here is a summary of the events in the creation of the heavens and earth which the Lord God made. There were no plants or grain sprouting up across the earth at first, for the Lord God hadn´t send any rain (before typing this prayed: I insist that you rain your holy fire on me now, as a kind of addition to this, this follows a command, I cannot remmember the command, probably and do not insist on something,I do remember I didn´t read about the rain yet); nor was there anyone to farm the soil. However, water welled up from the ground at certain places and flowed across the land.

Also yesterday, reading the post of ?? by Jeff, I got the word rebirth. This did and does not -- make any sense to me, but I read it now again at David Hoods reply, in a sense, by the word redig.

The time came when the lord God formed a man´s body from the dust of the ground and breathed into it the breath of life. And a man became a living person (then I heard ´do not understand´, from like psalm 139, so it came to mind that man in the garden UNDERSTOOD the Lord, as in psalm 139)

This came, bn brackets..

A River (do not mention Batseba, I sighed before) from the land of Eden (Behold not and receive not) flowed through the garden to water it (do not understand breath instead of sighing); afterwards the river divided into four branches.

-------------
Lord, through all the generations you have been our home!

Print Page | Close Window