Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

The Changing Church - ORGANIC CHURCH Discussion & Articles
OpenHeaven.com Forum : The Changing Church - ORGANIC CHURCH Discussion & Articles
Subject Topic: Spiritual Whoredom - Babylon - Dr. Peter Vandever Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04/05/2006 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Spiritual Whoredom - Babylon

By Dr. Peter Vandever

The subject of spiritual whoredom is a subject that requires great tenderness because it is the main principality in the Christian culture. It requires to be handled boldly but not with rudeness in the name of boldness. In the Philippines, a very large percentage is bound in the lifestyle of this spirit that has no legal right into the life of a precious person to the Lord that called Jesus Christ their personal Lord and Savior. The United States and Canada is not much different. This issue will be the over-riding factor to decide if there is an awakening of revival or an awakening of judgment on the earth.

Defining Spiritual Whoredom

I want to start by making one thing VERY clearly: Roman Catholics are NOT the whore of Babylon. It is a spirit and not a movement. Demonic stronghold does not know generational, geographical, cultural, or spiritual barriers. If this is a spirit and not a movement, it could work its’ way into any believers’ life, any ministry, any church, and any movement. We demonize movement like the Catholics for bad theology but being off a little in doctrine does not make you a spiritual whore in and of itself. Are any of us really theologically without fault?

I do want to say something about my last comment? There are some doctrines a person has to believe in to be a true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. Things like the virgin birth, the sinless man, the exchange of guilt at the cross, the death and resurrection of Christ, and Pentecost. Those are not up for debate but a thing like what is the initial physical evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit and is there a baptism of holiness or not are not things to divide over! An element of the spiritual whoredom is allowing minor difference in method scar the whole body of Christ. An example of this is there is two movement that are not together today because of the governmental differences while theologically they are the same. This is not biblical or godly! Don’t allow small things like this keep you from doing what God has called you to do.

So what is the spirit of whoredom if it is not the Catholic Church then? The spirit of whoredom is ANY person, ministry, church or movement that is no longer walking in the Holy Spirit and is reduced to a well oiled machine running without the presence of God. It is the religious spirit that is the whore of Babylon. The interesting thing is in any given church, there can be people bound in this spirit in the midst of an anointed ministry. You can be bound in whoredom in the midst of cutting edge worship and prophetic preaching. There were people who sit in the pews of Brownsville Assembly of God in the middle of corporate revival and they were not touch because they enjoy their fellowship of whoredom!

We can not become partakers in the condemnation of entire ministries because a few in them are bound by this spirit. There will always be a remnant in every ministry no matter how traditional. I have a friend that was converted from the Reorganized Church of Latter Day Saints and the Lord called him to go back into that demonic movement as a missionary of life and light. [He will go to a spirit-filled church then go to the RLDS church after!] Why do I tell you this? I say this because I believe there are a few that God is plucking out of completely demonic movements such as Latter Days Saint, Jehovah's Witness and United Pentecostal Church. There is not one church anywhere that does not have an element of revival and an element of religious not fighting for control.

Root of Whoredom

The main root of spiritual whoredom is pride. People who are bound in this bondage remain this way because they care too much about their ego to humble themselves in the presence of people who will gossip. [Gossip is an element of whoredom as well!] It is pride that ********s a brother into the lake of fire. Every person that is burning in hell forever is because they were too proud to get real with God.

We all know who Uzziah is because of Isaiah 6:1 says, “the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.” What we do not realize is 2 Chronicles 26:16 which says, “But after Uzziah became powerful, his pride led to his downfall. He was unfaithful to the LORD his God, and entered the temple of the LORD to burn incense on the altar of incense.” Do you see it? The vessel of anointing came forth when the vessel of pride died! Pride will stop the move of God faster than anything. It was the pride of one man that sent a nation into bondage. America saw this in the last few years as we elected a man filled with pride and academic elitism to lead a struggling nation into right morality. So, do not sit there and just write this off as something that is in the Old Testament and has no application to us in the 21st Century!

The issuance of pride is part of the foundation of the life in the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 13:4 tells us love is not proud. In other words, pride is a type of hatred towards God, fellow believers, and even yourself. When a person steps into pride, they have became a vessel of demonic influence to curse God, ******** others and condemn them. I realize I am offending some people walking in the bondage of pride but I would encourage you to humble yourself and remember what it was like before you got all prideful about your “experience with God” and you had the sweetness of the presence of the Holy Spirit and not just a memory of it or a legalistic system that is called theology.

What fruit of Whoredom

If there is a root, there will be the fruit. Pride will always produce fear because the main focus of all demonic activity is fear. The devil says to “fear God” [I am not talking about “the fear of the Lord”] but the Bible says, “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” You have no reason to be afraid of God! He is your daddy. Jesus is your lover. The Holy Spirit is your best friend. Prefect love is a person not a doctrine. John also said, “God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.” Perfect love is not a force, it is not a teaching and it is not a paradigm. Perfect love is intimacy with Jesus and communion with the Holy Spirit. It is the love of the Father, the passion of Jesus and the will of the Holy Spirit that set the captive free from fear. It is not spiritual warfare, prophetic intercession, or anything of the like. Romans 5:5 says, “God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” Deliverance is rooted in the revelation of God’s love for our being.

Mark 11:18 tells exactly what the spirit of whoredom looks like, “The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.” These religious leaders started plotting a very unholy thing to murder the Lord because they were gripped fear and a demonic spirit of jealous. Fear will drive us to shut down our spiritual walk because we are afraid to let God see us in our fear and weaknesses. The spirit of whoredom will keep us in the bondage of fear of God and will lie to us saying “The Bible says fear God all over it.” That is nothing more than twisting and perverting the Word of God.

What is the fear of the Lord then, Peter? The Bible says the phrase “fear of the Lord” twenty times and “fear of God” nine times doesn’t it? It does say that but only two of the thirty-one mentions are after the veil was ripped providing free access to the God of Love. I would also point out Jesus gave a new definition of what fearing God was. Deuteronomy 6:13 says, “Fear the LORD your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name.” Jesus quoted this verse but he changed the wording and gave fresh insight when he said, “It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.” The fear of the Lord is the worship of God. God doesn’t want you to fear Him but He does want you to worship Him!

The expression of Whoredom

The whoredom spirit has one major expression is many forms. It expresses itself through the rules and regulations of men by the twisting of the scriptures or the doctrines of the generals of God’s army in the rank of old. It does this by convincing people to however they experience the Lord is the only way to have the encounter. Things like, “When I got baptized in the Holy Spirit, I had to do a 40 day water only fast so everyone truly baptized has done a 40 day fast” is an expression of spiritual whoredom. There are certain things accompany a spiritual experience such as the ability to pray in an unknown tongue is the initial physical evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. However, examples, even in scriptures, must be spirit-led. It doesn’t say anywhere to lead by the word of God; it says to be led by the Holy Spirit. The spirit of whoredom says to be led to letter of the law.

Isaiah 29:13 says, “These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.”
The spirit of whoredom influences us to be look and act like we are given over the Lord’s purposes when we are really in deep rebellion in our heart. You can look like Elvis Presley, sing like him, shake your leg like him but you are not Elvis. You can look saved, act saved and sound saved but if you are bound in the rules and regulations, you are not saved. The God you serve is a disconnected God than had pity on you instead of a loving father than wants to hug you and romance you.

Paul told Timothy about the whoredom spirit, “But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves… having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.” The Apostle tells us to cut off them who play the church game because they are posing as a brother when they are trying to win an Emmy. The only time we are to cut people off from fellowship is for legalism. There is a difference between struggling with weakness such as smoking or drinking and stepping into rebellion. Rebellion is anytime you are told to do something by the Lord and you prolong the activation of that leading. It is rebellion God hates not weaknesses.

Freedom in the Holy Spirit

The spirit of whoredom is the hardest form of freedom to get because this spirit locks onto every form of spiritual the vessel on which they dwell. This spirit will not come out by a ten minutes of praying with a “deliverance minister.” It will take a life time of living the Pneumatological lifestyle of freedom. Paul taught, “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” He also said in Galatians 5:1 that, “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” It is a lifestyle of remaining in the freedom of the Holy Spirit instead of the bondage of the whoredom spirit.

Dr. Peter Vandever
revivalistvandever@yahoo.com  

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 04/05/2006 at 1:58pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Steve Emery

Posted: 04/05/2006 at 5:57pm | IP Logged Quote Steve Emery

Good points. I think we as believers need to get past the phobia of relating to the groups listed (Mormons, UPC and many others) and come to the realization that the great mystery defined in Colossians  "Christ in (and among -amp.) us: the hope of glory" and let a little of the glory "out"! To these off beat groups and the lost in general! I manage an office and recently hired a Mormon girl that seems to have a true daily and personal relationship with Jesus. She prays regularly for His guidance in her life, and yes: she also has some beliefs that I just cannot agree with. I am not here to set her straight in her doctrine, but to love her unconditionally, and speak "Rhema" truth to her as the Spirit leads, to plant truth seeds as I'm able. Who knows where and when those "seeds" will come to fruition and where she (and other similar situations) will be ten years from now. This would not be able to happen if we allow the very same exclusive, sectarian (Babylonian) spirit as some of these groups operate in to exist in us...we have to rise above it to be able to minister. A credible nationally known propethic minister recently prophesied a move of the Spirit in the LDS church! Realistically, He uses people as well as soverign moves of His Spirit...are you ready, willing and able?!!

View Steve Emery's Profile Search for other posts by Steve Emery
Denise Detwiler

Posted: 04/05/2006 at 7:55pm | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

Thanks Dr Vandiver for this article!  Much right on stuff in this writing!  For years I have pondered what the gates of hell are which will not prevail against the saints...indeed in my minds eye I have always seen a double gate.

One day very recently while thinking of something entirely different I heard:  "The gates of hell are Pride and Religion."  WOW! And that "some enter by one, some by the other, and some by both gates."  Into hell.  And death. 

Then it became clear to me of what you speak that a person having entered the physical realm or even a true spiritual Godly fellowship, having entered through Religion and/or Pride...well they can say all the same words, believe the stuff, sit just next to a true saint of God and so forth...yet they are in a same physical location and never having entered in.  They are in Babylon leading to utter destruction.

Then I saw this clearly illustrated by Jesus' tale of the Pharisee and the sinner...one bowed and repentant before God and crying out to him.  In the same temple and seemingly worshipping the very same God was the Pharisee thanking God that he was not a sinner like 'that man'

We enter HIS gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise...and how the Pharisee no doubt is praising and thanking (he thinks) God for preserving him from being a wretched and low sinner.  Thanking God for his wonderful heritage and the blessing he has had of all the good stuff.  And this Pharisee thinks he's coming before God and entering HIS gates with thanksgiving.

But he is really entering the gates of hell, both religion and pride. And rather than entering HIS courts actually entering into Babylon. 

In the same proximity is the true worshipper...with the humble grateful heart for God's mercy.

All this to say:  it is not the location, but as Jesus said to a Samaritan woman..it's not where or how...it is a matter of the heart.  True worshippers worship THE FATHER in SPIRIT and truth.

View Denise Detwiler's Profile Search for other posts by Denise Detwiler
petervandever

Posted: 04/17/2006 at 9:02pm | IP Logged Quote petervandever

I would say the greatest weapon the devil has is keeping us from entering into the revelation of John 19:30!
View petervandever's Profile Search for other posts by petervandever
phil bethell

Posted: 04/17/2006 at 11:11pm | IP Logged Quote phil bethell

Hi Peter-
Very good article-   I live in an area where there are many 'Latter day Saints' and have believed, and prayed for, a move of the Real Holy Spirit to move in their midst.    I know many of those people, and have some friends among them.    One thing in particular i have noticed, is they will speak of "The Spirit", but will never identify who the Spirit is, such as we do with the Holy Spirit, or the Holy Ghost.    (IF you have ever Seen the Holy Spirit, then you instantly understand He looks like what we think of as a Ghost,   but you also instantly know this is the One and ONLY Holy Ghost)

By the way, Peter, Are you originally from South Africa?

blessings,

Edited by phil bethell on 04/17/2006 at 11:12pm

petervandever

Posted: 04/19/2006 at 8:50pm | IP Logged Quote petervandever

I am orginally from the Kansas City, MO area!
View petervandever's Profile Search for other posts by petervandever

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version