Too Stubborn to Listen?
Posted: 04/20/2005 at 8:34am
God has things He wants to tell us, and He's hard at work trying to get HIS message through; unfortunately, many of us are too busy, too distracted, or too stubborn to listen. I know I WAS!! So instead of discovering God's direction, we may wander aimlessly, in and out of sin, searching for an abundant life but never finding it.
If you choose to wander aimlessly through this life, I can't stop you. Nobody can. But if you sincerely want to seek Him and do discover HIS purpose in your life, and just not for 40 days Bro. Rick Warren, here are seven things you can do.!!!
1. Carve out time for daily prayer, meditation, and Bible study: even a few minutes each day can make a big difference in your life. Make a prayer list and set an egg timer and pray 20 minutes in the morning. IT works.
2. Attend worship services regularly and be a contributing member of your fellowship, ask the Pastor "Can I do anything to help?": Christians will help you become a better Christian.
3. Choose friends who encourage you to do the right thing (stay away from negative people!!)
4. Seek the wisdom of your pastor, mentors, trusted friends, and family members (don't be too stubborn to take advice).
5. Be watchful for signs: remember that sometimes God's messages are subtle. It's not always angels and prophets appearing in a cloud of smoke!!!!
6. Listen to your conscience, and pay attention to the quiet voice that speaks to you when you genuinely open your heart to God.
7. If at first you don't succeed, don't allow yourself to become discouraged. Instead, keep trusting God, stay on your face in prayer, read your bible and go to church every time the doors are open......and rest assured: you will find it.
In the mean time, Be Radical For God!!!
Please listen to my testimony and pass it on!!!
Copy and paste this:
Lord Bless you and yours!!!