Subject Topic: THE SWORD THAT DIVIDES Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Kriston Couchey

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/03/2010 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

THE SWORD THAT DIVIDES
Kriston Couchey

DIVIDING SOUL AND SPIRIT

A friend of mine invited me to go to a men's camping retreat where we would spend the weekend fasting, praying, and repenting. When we arrived I was impressed by the level of maturity and fervency for the Lord. The leader of these men had a vision that was national in scope. I could see that with the men he had with him He could very well start a movement that could sweep the nation. I also discerned the heart idols of works of the flesh, and nationalistic pride that kept them from discerning between the kingdom of God and the soulish works of men. These Idols held by the leader tainted his God given vision, and affected all of the men he was leading. I had seen this idolatry in the hearts of many Americans and it did not surprise me. 

When the leader said to split up into pairs he quickly pointed to me and said "I want to go with you." I shared a couple things the Lord had been saying to me about Abraham laying down Isaac (our destiny, purpose, and vision) in faith that God could raise up Isaac as He desires. He then announced that I was to be the speaker at the main gathering the next day. I did not maneuver this, God set me up again. After the usual nighttime demonic attack when about to face a stronghold, the next day I prayed about what to share and to my dislike the Spirit of the Lord told me to confront the idolatry. I did NOT want to do this, I did not come to confront this thing and knew from experience it would not be a joyous event.

At the meeting, I shared about sacrificing Isaac and laying down our God given vision in order to receive an even larger purified vision from God. I shared kingdom truth; confronting the specific idolatry birthed in the souls of men. I did not expect what happened. The leader ended up hiding in his tent crying and unresponsive. I went to his tent and ministered to him, showing him God's love and told him that he needed to lay down his vision into the hands of the Lord so the Lord could raise it up again as He desired. He would not accept what I had to share with him and was unable to lead the rest of the day. The weekend fell apart at that point and I prodded him to get up and lead these men. He got up in the closing morning and closed the weekend. He completely shut down spiritually, and later when I emailed him one of his men answered it because he still was unresponsive. The people were exasperated. Yet there were those that received what was shared with joy. Sadly, what I shared at that meeting was a judgment to this man, and the vision and plans God had given Him ended up coming to nothing.

THE WORD THAT JUDGES (DISCERNS AND DIVIDES)
For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two–edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern (JUDGE) the thoughts and intents of the heart.! ~The Writer of Hebrews~

If you have learned to speak by the Spirit of God, you probably recognize that what you release to others can be blessing for some, and like a spiritual roadblock to those who reject your words. The implanted Word (Christ) within you judges (discerns) or clarifies the true condition of the hearts of men.  When the Word Himself is speaking through you, your very Words become a sword that divides soul and spirit; clarifying that which is from the soulish realm of man from that which is birthed in the realm of the Spirit. Jesus said, "I do not judge you, the words I speak to you judge, you."  Men are judged by their willingness to repent and believe the living Word; which is the voice of God to men through whatever vessel He chooses to speak through. We do NOT make our own judgments. We must discern and come into active agreement with the judgments of God.

For every one instance of rejection and judgment there may be ninety nine instances of blessing and joy from those receiving the Word. 99% of kingdom work is not negative in nature but building up and releasing blessing and life. Paul said it well, "should I use my authority to tear you down or build you up?"  There is more tearing down work in the church that must be done in this day then in Paul's day, and there will be times of confrontation. God's purpose in this hour is to redeem mankind in His mercy and love, and we should always have the mind and attitude of Christ to redeem and reach people. Nevertheless, men are judged by their willingness to repent and believe.  In this new day we will be speaking Words that will be both blessing and judgment; blessing to those that respond, and judgment to those who reject. The heavens will open for those who receive the Word, and be closed for those who do not.  If you are speaking the Word Himself, It is not you they reject, it is the Word of God, Jesus Christ. This is not about cursing anyone. It is the nature of Divine Authority entrusted to men that naturally judges iniquity. It is a work of HIS justice, not ours. It is the Lord's decision to judge people, but it is our responsibility to agree with and carry out His judgments.

I had a similar experience with a friend when God showed up in our home group in the mid nineties. While we ministered to, and shared the Word of the Lord with this man, there came a time when the Lord spoke clearly to me and said "Stop praying for him!"  His rejection of the Living Word and His work among us had cut off the flow of blessing that others were receiving from the throne. It may well be that at a later time he will be able to receive, but for the time being He was judged by the Lord as not able to receive His blessing. 

In our own spheres of influence or authority, we are to be in agreement with the judgments of God, and at times be the mouth that speaks forth God's judgments, be they for good or for the detriment of the others. Empowered by the Spirit, Peter pronounced judgment on Ananias and Syphyra and they died, Paul pronounced the blindness of Elymus the sorcerer who opposed the Word through Paul, and he was lead away because of his blindness. Paul told him he was "...full of all guile and all mischief, you child of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?"

Stumbling blocks and those that draw others into error are what gets the swift justice of God when the glory has landed. Even Jesus pronounced woe on the Pharisees who were leading people astray and keeping people from entering the kingdom. God is jealous for His people, and stumbling blocks can die for the sake of offending one of these little ones. And yet, thankfully Father has a long-suffering mercy and desire for all men to repent.

FALSE JUDGMENTS
The problem in the church is not judgment; judgment is good, the problem is FALSE judgments made from the SOUL of men. These judgments come from those who are not pure in heart, and their judgments destroy and defile people. People whose hearts have idols bless what should not be blessed, and curse what should not be cursed.  What has passed for prophetic judgment today is a pitiful thing formed in the hearts of insecure deceived men and women.  Those who have idols, offense, and judgment in their hearts will not be allowed to enter into what God is doing in this day. Many would use the authority of God to destroy anyone who opposes them or their personal agenda. They are not in submission to the will of Father and dead to themselves.

HOPE FOR THE CHURCH
The apostles James and John showed their nationalistic pride and prejudice towards the Samaritans with their desire to call down fire from heaven to destroy them. Their lack of discernment as to the reality of the kingdom and the merciful nature of God shows there is hope for the church that is willing to go through a death and resurrection experience. After the church has laid it's Isaac (destiny, purpose and vision) down on the altar to die, God will raise it up with His greater destiny, purpose and vision, which is the gospel of the kingdom untainted by the soulish imaginations of men. 

In His Love
Kriston Couchey
--
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/

Edited by Kriston Couchey on 06/03/2010 at 1:04pm

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
David Jones

Posted: 06/03/2010 at 8:43pm | IP Logged Quote David Jones

Great post, great word, Kriston!   Amen! Amen!

Truly, there aren't that many who move and obey in the 'authority' that you have described.  It has all but been absent in that which the Lord has called us out of.  I witnessed this kind of authority as a boy in powerful spiritual gatherings, but also witnessed the diminishing and almost vanishing of it altogether later, over the years of my life. 

One does not bring themselves into this kind of authority.  Jesus alone does it.  His heart becomes our heart.  His mind becomes our mind.  Our 'oneness' with Him is everything, more than life itself.  This and much more will be manifested in the 'sons' that are even now being revealed.  It is clearly evident that you have such a place in God's heart, Kriston.  It also comes with a price.  May God continue to strengthen you in every way. 

All of the 'challenges' that have been issued by hell itself will be met in one day, in one moment as the true and pure 'sons of God' are revealed in their fullness.  In that day the Glory will come.  There has never been anything like it before.  In that day things are going to be turned around by God and the whole earth is going to know it!

Kriston, thanks for your obedience in sharing this.  Others will surely be encouraged and inspired to take similar stands and exercise obedience even when Jesus is rejected in it.  God's word through you about laying our 'Isaacs' on the altar, that God will bring them to pass and to their fullness in His own way is extremely timely for today.  Many are holding onto these as the hope of seeing all that God will do.  They must be put on the altar.  We must exercise Abraham's faith, "I and  the lad will return..."
     "Thank you Jesus for a new 'strength' and for the wings of eagles in a new generation of 'sons'.  That which is in them reaches far beyond any human ability.  Cause it to pour out today and every day."  Amen

Thank God for you, Kriston, I love you with all of the love He has filled me with and call you 'brother' according to the new brotherhood that He has raised up and is establishing.  "May your steps be sure, may your eye be clear, and may your heart always be pure."

By The Way...   I love the Avatar!!!

Edited by David Jones on 06/03/2010 at 8:45pm

View David Jones's Profile Search for other posts by David Jones
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 06/04/2010 at 6:23am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

It is true that God is revealing to us His immeasurable goodnes and mercy. This is becuase we have misunderstood and misrepresented Him with False judgments that do not reflect him, but hearts of guilty self condemnation. But we must remember also in this day that while God is Love, He is also Holy, Holy, Holy!

David L. Smith

Posted: 06/05/2010 at 7:52am | IP Logged Quote David L. Smith

Great post!  So often, believers walking with the Lord want to be "nice" and do everything they can not to "offend".  However, there are times when we need to speak with Love and comfort and Light... but use the Sword of the Word of God to declare that "this is not right!".

So often, a "False Sword" is used in the 'Church'.  That false sword is built upon senses knowledge, judging according to the flesh, self-promotion, hidden agendas, and selfish desires.

True Love is speaking God's Word.  The reception, or non-reception of those words is not our responsibility.  We should always endeavor to speak in a way and manner in which God's Message is delivered upon ears to hear... but obedience is necessary... so never be afraid to speak!

Good post above!

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 06/05/2010 at 12:23pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

This is absolutely one of the most powerful, clear words I've heard in a long while. So needed and so thankful for the giving of it...wow! thank You Father!!! and thank you Kriston for your obedience to Him Who you Love..and that Love for Him, comes through loud and clear..a very costly, precious Love. I am truly blessed by and with a heart filled full with gratitude for the pouring out of..

~in awe of Him!

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/05/2010 at 5:36pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Bless you Kris!!!
View Lyn McSweeney's Profile Search for other posts by Lyn McSweeney
Helen Overholt

Posted: 06/06/2010 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote Helen Overholt

Excellent Truth Being Released Here! Ty Kris for your obedience.....

View Helen Overholt's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Overholt
alicia myers

Posted: 06/19/2010 at 6:40am | IP Logged Quote alicia myers

Aweseome Word Kriston!..

View alicia myers's Profile Search for other posts by alicia myers
Larry Denton

Posted: 06/20/2010 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote Larry Denton

Kristion...

Your work here is very important for those working prophets.  Within this election the prophet is given to stand and if that stand is a matter of "righteousness" then it is one of "love" and is a creative act as opposed to manipulation = judgement based on knowledge without  Godly wisdom.

Here it is the prophets must resolve within that what he or she is doing is a matter principle and or those truths that are understood, which indeed speak to a relational dynamic.  That dynamic being found as a matter of love and or fear.

Here we see and hear what Our Lord is showing us and feel Our Fathers heart and it ( the judgements we make) are nothing personal , but a righteous knowledge , manifesting ( if walked in) the wisdom of the Kingdom of Heaven.

That Wisdom being foundation for a lving relationship to exists, in peace, and if in peace then in retain the joy of God in and off itself.

Are you seing the like of this judgement in and among those gathering, however large or small as folks try to honor Our Lord.

It is here where he has me, and I am now seeing how this wisdom manifested as righteous repoof and corrections is what is missing... ( via the Gifts of the Spirit)  

In relation to this understanding I face a dear brother with a judgement as righteous dirction as instructions and he was very upset with me , thinking I had no understanding of waht he was experiencing in life, therfore my love for him was one of the flesh. 

Knowing I had seen this in Spirit , I was attacked by what I believe was a hoared of evil spirits for my stand. Then I walked this out over a few days and watched as he responded , only to come back = a what do I have to do with you question..

Agian my point is , that these experiences when righteous repoof is manifested are indeed creative and put in a stand right and walking right in our approach toward healing and deliverance of those Our Lord sends to us and or we to them...

Alos and again this leaves the prophet alone, because it is very hard for others looking on the outside ...waht you are seeing on the inside as we speak truth in love and deed.

Was blessed by your discerment here among groups of well menaing brether to stand for Christ , and yet lost in their doing, manifested as a ongoing and present renewing of thier minds, having and taking time to allow the Holy Spirit to share through you, but ( And I see this ) fearing to have you give an explanation for you peace among them....

Perhaps you are working on thise things even now... I am slow and hope to share freely on thise matter myself... as it seems this wisdom will bring forth the powere of God among those who have discarded any "form" of relating  to enter the Kingdom of God.

Blessings...

Bro. Larry

Posted: 06/24/2010 at 8:33pm | IP Logged Quote JoniJenkins

Larry,

I want to tell you that I had the maiden name Detton... similiar to yours. But, what is cool is my oldest brother was Larry Detton. He died at 1 day old. But seeing your name on this blessed site truly made me feel a connection. I also feel you are very full of God's wisdom. God bless you Larry.

Larry Denton

Posted: 06/27/2010 at 8:34am | IP Logged Quote Larry Denton

Jonie....

Hugs to you Sis. and yes in character the two name are relational as very old place names. I think the Missing "n" and extra "t"can be" there and or left out because of how the name sound when spoken... 

This sence of "kinship" is a mystery , until we begin to "feel" via the diversity of Our Fathers Kids and more so when we "know Him"... Who you are is revelant in this great diversity of minds , bodys, and spirits and time is not!

So Your brother is still  part of your heart...as well as many brother and sister will come to their full-ness in this way of God loving us, and we learning of that way.

So in the Way Our Kings Eternal  Kid, "connected we are! 

And Ineed that , as I have been ill ( broke down) in word and deed, so pray for me during this season... I of course take this time to seek Our Lord, and more so for His Mercy ( needed because of our fear of not doing) and I can have to good of a time running in the Joy and not using a Peacefull  Approach to Being at Peace in the wisdom I am using.... ...= a Righteous Approach..

Meaning I over worked tending to my tomatoe & Pepper Plants... among other things....

I will ( as my older son Dustin looked into these thing at one time ) look to see if I can find and share the name is understood as far back as the eleven hundreds. and get back...

Hugs and thanks for your kindness, as it is power in you words here have already "move me into the Hope of Our King and it is pleasing to Our Father...

Bro. Larry

Posted: 06/27/2010 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote JoniJenkins

Bro Larry, I too have a son named Dustin. My 2 yougest kids aged 13 and 15, both have my maiden name. So he is Dustin Detton. I pray in Jesus name that God will heal you body and soul so that you can continue to serve Our Father. Amen. Blessings and Christs love, Joni

Larry Denton

Posted: 07/02/2010 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote Larry Denton

Blessings ......Joni....I am late... but we ( family) joy---ed in as I shared

you story... and now a "Dustin"....!!!

Thanks for you prayer as well as other here who seemed to hold me in Spirit.

I say this via....

Kristion's  "word" here...

For every one instance of rejection and judgment there may be ninety nine instances of blessing and joy from those receiving the Word. 99% of kingdom work is not negative in nature but building up and releasing blessing and life. Paul said it well, "should I use my authority to tear you down or build you up ...

My point ,,, well here you are and ..."even being"  around folks who share in a righteous stand 

"Building me up, rearaing my hope "within" my being....

proceeding in your kindness...

to move into "peace"  , the results of our realting to those who move, to both stand and walk in Spirit are subject to the Kings Authority

To maniuplate one must contrive and stand for Christ and in doing so bee seen as an authority, but to be found in Christ is to "create"  vai the sharing of "revelation" which come "ever-so-gentle " = in Character ...

Here = right here your heart/mind is given in Christ and just think!  It was powereful to hellp me, even as we work on not just our stand in Christ but our walk in Christ as brothers and sister....

to do that we must judge and this Righteous Judgement is (if found among us gathering here or hosted in a home ....

without minipulation among leaders who think ( via Law) that this way of sharing is void of delieverance and healing ...are in deed "lost" in contrivance...= striving , thinking because they a ordained by men their work surly carries power...

Ardient in in intelect, but weak in character , therefor

their over lording = a spotted cover provide by the wolds ways ,, then thier

Abience is manifested in fear of not doing to be loved by their brother ...al at the expence of never seeing or hearing What the Holy Spirit is trying to show and say What the Son and Our Father is saying....

Hear on another on earth , but not in heaven void of Revealtion..

All I just said is I can hear your Love Jonie, and found in the presentation of Kristions work....Well it is healing to me....

I am in pain and it is there for a reason, and yet , I joy in the peace of

Righteous Judgements being shared...= the revelation of Our Lord by your attending to  what you .. feel and see...

...here for the world to see...

Here is wisdom, The Gatering in Spirit evades "time"  and In Christ we are eternal, because love as opposed to fear holds who we are manifesting the grace of God yes, but more so His Mercy..

See how you stirred me up!................. just the very act of sharing make the   the devil move, off and away, form us!

Hugs for you and the Kids... and in character you son may appear to be as cloud of dust , as you seek the Kingdom, but this being blown by the wind or the Spirit will cause confusion among those found in an unrighteous appraoch to serve God...

Love you Bro. Larry

Edited by Larry Denton on 07/02/2010 at 9:30am

Posted: 07/07/2010 at 12:13am | IP Logged Quote JoniJenkins

Bro Larry,

I think all of those depict me tonight!!!I wanted to let you know how blessed I was reading your last post. Thank you so much for showing your love and care as well as your spirit there for all to read.

I truly want you to hear these words...

In the Name Of Our Blessed Lord Jesus, I pray for my Brother Larry; that he will be filled with the Holy Spirit in all the areas he needs. I pray for his mind, body and soul, I pray for the wisdom he has to continually grow. I ask for your will Father. Amen.

Love to you and yours, Joni

RoxanneBarrett

Posted: 07/07/2010 at 6:07am | IP Logged Quote RoxanneBarrett

A very sober word and very clear.  I am very blessed to have read it, thank you Lord Jesus.

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 07/18/2010 at 3:43pm | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

He is separating those who are committed to walking with Him from those who are committed to walking with the world. Note that the most worldly thing there is is religion itself, so many worldly people appear to live externally holy lives. So this is to be expected. it is often painful, but God thinks on an eternal scale, so it is for your good

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 03/17/2011 at 10:05pm

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Robert Jackson

Posted: 07/24/2011 at 12:36pm | IP Logged Quote Robert Jackson

Brother Kriston,

Thank you for sharing your profound insights above. Truly judgment must begin at our house. I believe with all my heart that as the Spirit of God falls with increasing intensity in revival we will see much greater manifestations of our Lord Jesus as the Lamb-Lion that he is.

Thanks again!

Robert Jackson

View Robert Jackson's Profile Search for other posts by Robert Jackson
cynthia hood

Posted: 08/22/2011 at 4:54pm | IP Logged Quote cynthia hood

This thread is truly a blessing and I agree judgement has to begin in our house.  False humility has such a heavy stronghold in a very subtle way.  We have to stay in a repetent state and pray that our shepards are doing the same.

Henry Falcone

Posted: 10/24/2011 at 11:49pm | IP Logged Quote Henry Falcone

Dear Sister Kriston,

I was very encouraged by your word of testimony of the dividing word of God and it's work in the House of the Lord. One of the things I have noticed happening in the work of God is in the youth. When they get behind the veil and begin to speak as one with the Lord, they bow their heads and wait upon the Lord, when they hear Him speak they speak and they stop when He stops.

I am mentioning this because in a particular meeting we had, a young 7 year old boy, Pastor's son began to preach and pray for an hour. His prayer, "Lord, we are stuck, your Pastor's are stuck, and we must come into our promised land." Later the Word of God came even more powerfully to separate soul from spirit when a 13 year old preached "woe to shepherds who feed yourselves and not your sheep" in his own words. The young man spoke to the Pastor of the church, these words, "you used to preach this gospel and you had a lot of money doing it, but look where your people are now, they are in the Holy of Hollies, why won't you feed the sheep."

You can imagine how that went over as he spoke this to his pastor and many other leaders there. They too put their heads down and rejected the Word of God. They excused it by saying, "God would never speak to someone in leadership like this, plus the boy had gum in his mouth."

Your word help us all understand that Jesus said, " I didn't come to bring peace but a sword, to separate mother from daughter in law.. and a man's foe will be in his house.

From your article it is put forth that this may not be a conscious opposing but when the Spirit of Truth comes it gives us a chance to repent and change or run from the light into condemnation. We truly must love the light of God's word for it is coming to bring the separation not to destroy us but to remake us after the very nature of Jesus.

I understand even more clearly from your writing that the writer of Hebrews says, "today if you hear His voice, harden not your heart." May God grant us a tender heart that is willing to repent, change and be transformed into His likeness and nature.

Thanks for the truth that you have shared with all of us!

Missionary
View Henry Falcone's Profile Search for other posts by Henry Falcone
Kaaren Turner

Posted: 11/02/2011 at 12:06pm | IP Logged Quote Kaaren Turner

Thank you Kristy!

I just gave a prophecy that I struggled to give.  What if I misheard I thought!  This could scare many people.

Then I remembered the morning of 911.  When I awoke the Spirit instructed me to pray for the world because of a coming tragedy.  After praying I dressed and left for work.  Less than an hour after arriving the plane hit the Pentagon; and our Director was sending us home.  I was glad that I was obedient to the Spirit!  Once again I have been led to call for prayer.  And I have been obedient.

Your article was the first that I have read in a couple of weeks.  It is a great teaching!  The discussion on understand judgment was wonderful.  The article also gave us a mirror to evaluate who we are and who we "should be i Christ."  I am a novice with a teachable spirit.  Thank you for you words of truth -- I receive them!

God bless you all and your families!
Kaaren

View Kaaren Turner's Profile Search for other posts by Kaaren Turner Visit Kaaren Turner's Homepage
Kaaren Turner

Posted: 11/02/2011 at 12:08pm | IP Logged Quote Kaaren Turner

My apologies Kriston!

I spelled you name incorrectly!

Kaaren

View Kaaren Turner's Profile Search for other posts by Kaaren Turner Visit Kaaren Turner's Homepage
Henry Falcone

Posted: 11/02/2011 at 12:36pm | IP Logged Quote Henry Falcone

My apologies to you Brother Kriston, I didn't see the o in your name and thought it was an "e" so i addressed you incorrectly.

Forgive me dear Brother,

Missionary
View Henry Falcone's Profile Search for other posts by Henry Falcone
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 11/02/2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

LOL!!! Please don't worry about the mix up on gender, the important thing is that I am not confused about my gender. If people that think I am a woman and it changes the way they receive me then it is their loss.

Blessings,

Kris

Edited by Kriston Couchey on 11/02/2011 at 1:33pm

Kaaren Turner

Posted: 11/03/2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged Quote Kaaren Turner

GOD's Blessings Kriston!

I am called to be an Ambassador of Love, as are we all.  I only wanted to say "good teaching."

Kaaren

Daniel Jackson

Posted: 10/09/2012 at 8:56pm | IP Logged Quote Daniel Jackson

Excellent word. On this note one problem in the church today is a lack of righteous judgement or to say discernment of doctrine. Which when mentioned many will say we are not to judge a brother. However I mean judgement of current teachings. As for brothers more specically your brother foremost is he who was born to your mother. Not everyone is a brother in the same Spirit. Not everyone is born of the incoruptable seed of the pure word devoid of the doctrines of men.

Dan

View Daniel Jackson's Profile Search for other posts by Daniel Jackson

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version