Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: Disacter is coming to America!!! (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
John Lawler

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/26/2009 at 8:49am | IP Logged  

Disaster is coming to America!!!

10-25-09  With much sadness of heart I share this message with all who will listen. During my quite time with the Lord this evening he began to speak to me about the sinfulness of this nation (America) and how grieved he was because of it. He went into great detail about the sin being done in this nation and how it has become a stench in his nostrils. He then began to speak and said these words to me. “I am bringing a disaster upon this land on Christmas day that will shake this nation to its very foundation”. He told me the same thing on 10-21-09 and so that is why I am posting this today at this time. I really believe this came from the Lord and that we all need to examine ourselves to make sure we are in right standing with him at this time. I believe he is trying to warn us to get right with him and that our time for this to happen is getting shorter all the time.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things.

Amos 3:6,7,8 When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble? When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets. The lion has roared-- who will not fear? The Sovereign Lord has spoken-- who can but prophesy?

I want everyone who reads this message to know that God is a good good God and that he loves us very much but he will only put up with sin for so long before he judges it for what it is. I hope and pray that we all repent, get right with him and start listening to what he is telling us and begin to obey his word so that he can bless us instead of curse us as he said in his word that he would do.

Jeremiah 18:7,8 If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned.

You can share this message with anyone as long as you keep it in its full content. Your comments to this message are also welcome as always.

God bless you,

John S. Lawler Sr.

J_lawler@sbcglobal.net

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 10/26/2009 at 8:16pm | IP Logged  

John, is the Christmas Day disaster for this year or another year?

View Leslie Grewing's Profile Search for other posts by Leslie Grewing
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/26/2009 at 9:07pm | IP Logged  

If anything happens in America, it is because the Christians in America haven't humbled themselves and repented of their wicked ways, because 2 Chronicles tells us that if we do that, He'll heal this land.  The fate of America is not in the hands of the debaucherers roaming the Streets of San Francisco, but its in hands of the church goer in Dallas wanting the preacher to hurry up so he can go watch the game on his widescreen.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 10/26/2009 at 9:08pm

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
John Lawler

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 2:12am | IP Logged  

Leslie,

To be honest with you I really don't know but I do believe the Lord was speaking about this coming Christmas.

John Knight

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 7:12am | IP Logged  

Can someone tell me why it's always America that God seems bent on punishing for its godless ways? Surely there are nations that are equally bad - if not worse.  Now we have a specific date  (Christmas day ).Even for the doom mongers this is rather daring. Surely a rider or other get out clause is necessary for when nothing happens.Plus,what has happened to J A Julyan? There was a brief flurry of dire predictions  from her a few weeks back and then silence.
View John Knight's Profile Search for other posts by John Knight
Leslie Grewing

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 7:22am | IP Logged  

Re J A Julyan, looking back I find that most of her postings didn't get a lot of response. During that period I noticed that there were daily offerings from her that predicted/ prophesied all hell breaking loose on America. Perhaps someone questioned the validity of a word and she went away. That often happens on OH. Folks feel free to offer up stuff but refuse to respond when someone calls them to account. John, I'm not doing that in this instance. Christmas is two months away and we'll see what happens.
Sherry Mason

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 8:50am | IP Logged  

In the past few days I have felt an absolute abhorrence at turning on the Television and at the amounts and types of food I see myself and others consume.  I have felt abhorrence at everything I see in the world.  I have been crying out that God would remove every last vestige of the world and any desire for it that has been in me.  I have prayed that I would come out of it completely.  I want no part of any it any longer.

I look at the "christians" I know and their lust for entertainment.  The pastors sponsor pre game parties and they set the "church" building up with big screen TV's and order in pizzas, pop, chips...etc.

They create "seeker friendly" environments so that they can "grow" the church.

The "christians" themselves live for eating out at their favorite restaurants and clothing their children in designer jeans and are so much a part of this world that they are as blind as the world is.

Their favorite prophets are the ones that prophesy prosperity, riches, God's favor but do not want to hear anyone speak of God's disfavor.  We abuse His grace, his mercy and his long lasting patience.

I have become so sickened of the world, my own behavior and that of others I know that my stomach literally hurts day and night.

I do not wish to be part of any of what is (I believe) sickening God as well.

We quote John 3:16 but do how often does someone quote Rev. 3:16?

When God spews out the lukewarmness of the "church"...what will this look like???  Disaster is coming but not for the sins of America but because of the sins of those who have called themselves by His name.

Sherry Mason
View Sherry Mason's Profile Search for other posts by Sherry Mason
John Lawler

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 9:39am | IP Logged  

John Knight,

If you would take a look around at what is going on throughout the world you would see that he is already judging other nations. When he speaks to me it is generally about America. I believe the reason for that is because I live here. Why not America? We happen to be one of the most sinful nations in the world and if you had lived as long as I have you would see that.

God bless you,

John S. Lawler Sr.

Dave Spencer

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 10:08am | IP Logged  

“I am bringing a disaster upon this land on Christmas day that will shake this nation to its very foundation”.

Even if this does happen, the true believers cannot be shaken!  We are of the Kingdom of Heaven and of the Kingdom of God.

If we focus on the darkness, then we see darkness.  But if we focus on the Light, then we see Jesus.

How would you define the foundation of this nation?  One would need working definition in order to know if the prophecy happens.

With His Love,
Dave

View Dave Spencer's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Spencer
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 10:26am | IP Logged  

God has judged sin. He judged sin when He sent His Son to become sin for us. He poured out His wrath upon Him. The sin of not believing on Him is what Holy Spirit convicts of.  Thank You Jesus while we were yet sinners Christ died, while we were Your enemies, You Loved us and gave Your Life for us. Thank You for forgiving us when we didn't deserve Your forgiveness. Thank You for opening our eye to see You.

Sin reaps it's own consequence..sow death, reap death. sow Life reap Life.

do i believe that God is sending disaster on Christmas Day? no

do i believe the church needs awaken to the gospel(good message) of His Kingdom and begin preaching that in demonstration of Spirit and power? yes

~~the atmosphere of Heaven filled my home and one young man came walking in, sat down, heard this portion of song being sung and in one sudden moment, fell into a heap and wept and shook under the Weight of His Presence. Heaven had come to earth and the earth-ly was melted by His Fire. all that had been oppressing him, left and peace and joy filled his being and praise filled his mouth. he encountered the Love of God for him and i hadn't said a word. the only thing i had done previously was in prayer, inviting Holy Spirit to manifest the atmosphere of heaven (the Kingdomof God).

this is the part of song that played-Rebirthing now
I wanna live for Love wanna live for You and me
Breathe for the first time now
I come alive somehow
Rebirthing now
I wanna live my life wanna give You everything
Breathe for the first time now
I come alive somehow

a couple hours later, in walks a girl of 16 yrs. of age. i was reading something and was telling her of it and then began to read it to her and suddenly, in one moment she began to weep and weep as the Weight of His Presence came upon her. all that had been oppressing her, all the stuff she had inside, left as He ministered His Great Love for her. ~~

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 10:48am | IP Logged  

Kathy,

I noticed this pattern a few years ago - I do not know if all but the first is a coincidence, or if all were the consequences of reaping sin, or judgement, but there is definitely what appers to be a recurring pattern

Sodom/Gomorrah - center of homosexuality - fire from the sky
Pompeii - Las Vegas of the Roman World, known for sexual promiscuity, mailboxes had phallic symbols - Volcanic Eruption
Port Royale - city widely known for vice and human trade - half of it suddenly submerged in the ocean during an earthquake in the 1600's
New Orleans - known for sexual promiscuity, especially at Mardi Gras - Hurricane Katrina

Now, that being said, I think America itself will be saved, but only after the Church in this country repents and is transformed.  I just happened to notice a pattern a few years ago and it was enough to make me wonder about things.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 10/27/2009 at 10:50am

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 11:16am | IP Logged  

Jeffrey Stewart wrote:
 but only after the Church in this country repents and is transformed. 

i agree. when is the church going to humble herself and quit pointing the finger at sinners and start pointing to the One Who has come and is come to lift up and out? when is the church going to start proclaiming the Good News of His Kingdom? repent? yes!church!

when is the 'church' going to return to her First Love? and do her first works?~seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness~

Tina Dean

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 11:17am | IP Logged  

Dave~

When any word is released by 'whosoever', it is up to each of us individually and personally, to take that before the Lord and ask Him what HE means by the meaning of this or that......right?   

View Tina Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Tina Dean
Helen Overholt

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 11:36am | IP Logged  

{{{{{Kathy}}}}}...Hello there my dear. Smiles....Do so agree with your response above & do so believe as we continue to draw closer to HIM thePrecious Oil within us will have a mighty effect on those we come in contact with bringing them to the place of conviction before the HOLY ONE. And as you said, you said not a word to the one person who began to weep. For his heart was convicted & touched by HIS Presence that saturated the atmosphere within your home......

i do believe we must be so very careful as to say GOD"S Judgement is here or coming or whatever term it is we use. For many times catastrophies have went forth as they were being spoken about many declared it to be the Hand of GOD! The FATHER is the Author of Life & HIS Heart is to see souls come into HIS Kingdom. For example; i have heard so many so that a tornadoe was the wrath of GOD & that the people in that area where being judged. Really? Then i ask why is it when the storms are Trying to head towards our area i simply speak to them & command them not to enter this place & they either never come or they are brought down to just a little rain & some wind. i am not saying anything of myself, for i am nothing. Only desiring for us as HIS People to be very careful what we are releasing with our mouths. For the enemy is just waiting for us to blurt out words that he can use to enter in & attack...............

View Helen Overholt's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Overholt
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 11:39am | IP Logged  

this is not directed at anyone person here, but if it speaks to you even if it strikes the heart/mind as being offensive, so be it.  there is still a stench of self-righteous religiousity that is being emitted in and through the `church.' it's like someone who has been outside for awhile and when they come in, they reek of the smell of the `great outdoors.' which is like the smell of a dog smell. it's recognized by those in the house, but the one who is carrying it can't smell it.

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 11:50am | IP Logged  

Helen - I suspect it is more often "God allowing" something to happen, mostly because the Church hasn't been praying.  I guarantee you if we had been praying as we should in this country, God would have stopped 9/11 and every other thing like that.  It is not His will for people to get killed - He died so others could live.  But if the Church does not pray as it should, its on our hands, not God's.  God is looking for people to stand in the gap.

Tina Dean

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 11:52am | IP Logged  

Actually it is those who live in the house with the dog that can no longer smell the 'dog'.  The ones outside who have been in the fresh air.......can detect it very quickly.

Helen Overholt

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 11:55am | IP Logged  

Excellent Truth being released Jeffrey. The FATHER'S perfect will is that mankind come into HIS Kingdom therefore leaving the kingdom of darkness powerless to control what HE originally created for HIS Creation. However, yes many times much has been allowed for the disobedience of us HIS People.............

View Helen Overholt's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Overholt
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 12:04pm | IP Logged  

Jeffrey Stewart wrote:
- I suspect it is more often "God allowing" something to happen, mostly because the Church hasn't been praying.  I guarantee you if we had been praying as we should in this country, God would have stopped 9/11 and every other thing like that.  It is not His will for people to get killed - He died so others could live.  But if the Church does not pray as it should, its on our hands, not God's.  God is looking for people to stand in the gap.

yes! : )

Tina, both analogies are true..either way, it those "carrying it",  that can't smell it

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 12:41pm | IP Logged  

let me add this as well, in the revealing of the `smell' it's always, always to lift up and out of. Because that is Who He is..Life : )

self- righteousness =Mirror mirror on the wall whose the fairest of them all? and hears, `you my queen.'

humility answers: there is only One Who is a thousand times fairer and it is He Who is above all

oh to be clothed in Him..to look to Him and see our need of Him

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 2:30pm | IP Logged  

I agree

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 10/27/2009 at 2:37pm

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 4:28pm | IP Logged  

what we do Jeffrey is point the finger. play the blame game. surely it is everyone else and not `me', `us.'  we `see' something in someone else and it is in all actuality a reflection of what is in you( using the word you in a general way). we give a word or recieve a word, we interpret out of our own ideologies of theology, eschatology, performance..all of it. we'll walk around with anger in the heart and then blast those who have murdered someone, when in all actuality..He's revealing the murderous heart in you. not only are you killing others, you are killing yourself. sin is sin. the only sin that can not be forgiven is unbelief in Him. do we get that yet?

we'll feed into the things that make us `special' and oh it's subtle. i read through an article by someone, Others Can But You May Not..something along that line. well, sounds good to the flesh because it subtley promotes an elitist mentality. since when are we to compare ourselves among ourselves? didn't Jesus tell Peter to mind his own business in regards to anothers road that He has chosen for them to walk?

i'll shout it out to the world and the world still yet within `us'..there is no aboves nor beneaths. there is no better than's or lesser than's and that includes the Nations. it is Father and Father alone Who is Good! and it is Christ Jesus and Christ Jesus alone that makes us worthy! we can't boast in one thing in or of ourselves.

but we're still yet doing that..pointing the finger and He says to put it away. whatever measure we mete out is the same of which we receive back. that's just a simple law of sowing and reaping.

i think there is much to be shared here along these lines, but that's all for now. ~seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness~ 

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 4:30pm | IP Logged  

Kathy,

You know what I say? - especially when I'm witnessing.  A lot of times they'll start feeling guilty and I say "look, I ain't got any rocks in my pockets" which means, I have no rocks to throw, as I have been forgiven MUCH.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 10/27/2009 at 4:30pm

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 4:44pm | IP Logged  

amen Jeffrey! we've been forgiven MUCH! thank You thank You thank You Jesus!

Tina Dean

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 4:48pm | IP Logged  

And we know that there is a difference in speaking when witnessing and when delivering a message from the Lord to His people.  We give it EXACTLY as He gives it to us, without regard to the faces of men or of their opinions.  

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 4:58pm | IP Logged  

That is true. Until I feel a peace about the message, I do not hit the post reply button.  It has to be 100 percent accurate.  It is part of being faithful to our assignment

Tina Dean

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 5:01pm | IP Logged  

You and me both brother lol.  I have to delete 80 percent of what I begin to say.  Then IF I feel the release I let it fly, if not....I back out and go on my way.  

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 6:04pm | IP Logged  

do you think it possible to have His peace about releasing a message and yet it not be 100% accurate? and the need of every joint supplying in the body of Christ?

the prophet of the new covenant is not the prophet of the old covenant. all have His Spirit dwelling within now, where before, that was not the case. we shouldn't be afraid to release what we feel He has given us, but let us allow the body to discern. when i say body, i'm not speaking of only those who have the same mindset as `us' and so lock ourselves into hearing only from that portion. as well as separating ourselves from among ourselves. we are Father's family, His sons and daughters and should relate as such.

the other is, there are elders who are more mature in the word of His Kingdom and can help in leading guiding, pointing to Him and His Kingdom.

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 6:16pm | IP Logged  

It is true that we all have the Holy Spirit and all can discern whether something is from the Lord - but (I can just speak for myself) I know I will be held accountable for what I say, and I know that I cannot say anything that would help anyone, so I wait until He gives me the words and everything is the way He wants it before I hit "post reply" on anything with "thus saith the Lord" attached to it.

Tina Dean

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 6:17pm | IP Logged  

With all due respect Kathy, nowhere does it say to run to man or an elder brother to validate whether we are hearing from God.  Each person reading or listening to 'said word' has the responsibility of taking it to the Lord for themselves (who also have the indwelling Holy Spirit) and asking if it pertains to them or not.  

It also says in the Bible that those who are the least esteemed in the body has the ability to judge the cases that are brought between brethren, so that also points to the fact that if one is walking closely with the Lord and TRUSTS Him to lead them properly....He will.  

Timothy was told not to let anyone look down upon him for his youth.  Jeremiah was told not to say that he could not speak forth the word of the Lord because he was a youth, so I don't think that we need to yoke and chain the brethren when giving words.   We need to trust Holy Spirit that is within each to put it all together correctly.

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 6:39pm | IP Logged  

i hear you Jeffrey and Tina,

i'm not speaking of running to a man, but hearing Holy Spirit within each member. there are elders within the body, it seems these are the least esteemed these days.

no one person has the full, the whole of a matter. it is not looking to man for validation, it is looking to Father's family and how He has ordered it. Timothy had a relationship with Paul, where Paul could speak into his life as an elder. we could say, Paul `fathered' Timothy.

so, my question remains..can one have His peace to release a message and it not be 100% accurate? can we release it, having His peace, knowing we are Loved and accepted of Him and so there is no fear and therefore allow others to speak into as well, having the same abiding Spirit within? Are there those who have more of an understanding, wisdom and knoweldge regarding the word of His Kingdom and therefore able to relay to us, what they have been given? ( i boldened word of His Kingdom, as it is very much relational).

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 6:55pm | IP Logged  

I think knowing what is of Him and what is not comes from spending a lot of time with Him.  I do occasionally miss it, even though I have been a Christian since 1979.  However, those times I miss it occur inevitably when I get in a hurry for some reason.  The Lord has spent many years "training" me to be patient.   That being said, yes it is possible for some people to have a peace and miss it, but that peace may not be from the Lord, not real "peace that passes all understanding", and this would most likely be because a person may not be that experienced knowing what is God and what is not.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 10/27/2009 at 7:00pm

Tina Dean

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 7:16pm | IP Logged  

And who is better to 'decide' just who is mature and who is not, more than Holy Spirit?  It is He who decides who delivers what and when and to whom.  I think He is capable of figuring it out. 

As just these few verses below show, nowhere does it say to put a gag on anyone, or to sit them in a corner until they have met some sort of requirement to be included.  We each must put forth our part, and in the midst of all of the parts, the Holy Spirit can not only deliver the truth, but also correct along the way.  It is not a sin to make mistakes.  It is how we grow and we can never grow unless we are allowed to exercise that which is within us.

Ephesians 4

11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

I Corinthians 14

23If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

24But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

25And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

26How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

27If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

28But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

29Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

30If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

31For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

It is IN the midst of all of the parts coming together that the Holy Spirit brings forth a message that is not only true, but also palatable and easily digested by everyone no matter at what stage they are at upon the path.  And since it also says 'that a child shall lead them', it really doesn't matter if everyone is at the same stage of 'awareness' or not. 

A recipe only works when ALL of the ingredients are mixed into the bowl.  If you leave any out, it is no longer that recipe.

So, accordingly if we leave any of God's children out of the proceedings in any way or at any time, it is no longer His plan.

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 7:33pm | IP Logged  

As Ron said, no single person is given "the Big Picture" so it takes everyone's input.  I personally LOVE to hear what the Lord says through another brother or sister, especially if its a similar message.  The Lord recently gave someone almost the exact same message He gave me about us needing to become full of His Word, but her language and way of phrasing the same thoughts was so beautiful I just shook my head wishing I could write that way (I believe her name was Susan O'Marra).  God works through different vessels so the wording differs even if the message may be the same..  So I like watching God work through other people and seeing the whole after He has given each piece of what needed being said.  The Lord is so amazing in that way.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 10/27/2009 at 7:34pm

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 7:44pm | IP Logged  

thanks Jeffrey,

we know His voice is filled full Peace, regardless of what is being said. whether warning of trial, tribulation, adversity etc. the same voice i heard after being baptized in Holy Spirit, filled full Peace is the same voice which told me of a coming adversity..filled full Peace.

there are brothers and sisters who `teach' things, prophesy and truely believe they are 100% accurate in it. however, it is far from the word of His Kingdom. there are doctrines(teachings) of men, traditions of men that are passed down. traditional `thinking' a mindset and so He speaks and it is interpreted according to the `thinking' that has been passed down. i think we've all been there and done that, to one degree or another.

we also see a gathering of people around a `doctrine' rather than Christ Jesus and His Kingdom which He proclaimed, taught and demonstrated. there are those who have been wounded in times past within `christendom', the `church system' and so run from the real deal...the living organism that we are. we've seen an `independent spirit' comeforth because of not truely being `connected.' the independent spirit can be very blatant as well as hidden, subtle.

we will hear the word of His Kingdom as we seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and in this, each has a part in bringing forth the whole.

when you know you are Loved, you are accepted in the Beloved, it casts out fear. when His Love is predominant, we are able to trust Him in and through one another, we are able to submit one to another in the fear of the Lord. there is peace to release what we feel He has given, because we know we are Loved of Him and one another. so if someone says, "wait a minute, that's not right" or however and then explains further, we should be able to listen without going into `self-preservation.'

believe it or not, there are others who know more regarding His Kingdom than `we' (general use of the word `we') do : ) and no i'm not speaking about age here. : )

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 7:58pm | IP Logged  

I know. There are some old timers who could teach us a thing or two, (or three or four...)

The Word is the ultimate umpire, and everything should be based on at least two scriptures to be considered doctrine.  One thing about the messages He gives me is that they ALL point to the Word, to Him, and to the need for us to be witnesses.  He must have given me thirty messages, and they all have those three main points.  All point at Jesus, the Word, and the world needing to see Jesus in us.  So, in my assignment, He has me walking in relatively "safe ground" (so far)

I learned a long time ago to take words of correction - if they are given in Love.  Thankfully, I told God I wanted to be one of those children He doesn't have to correct so much. 

Edited to add:  Along with the idea that no one person has the whole picture, the Lord seems to have had each of us specialize in a certain area.  Some, the Lord has taught a great deal about intercession, another, dream interpretation - so we each could teach each other things the Lord has revealed, and the Body of Christ could be strengthened.  I believe I could learn things from most everyone on this board.  And, I also admit I do not have complete knowledge in anything, and if someone can prove I am wrong in an area Biblically, I'll accept it. 

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 10/27/2009 at 8:05pm

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 8:25pm | IP Logged  

i appreciate your input Tina and Jeffrey,

i missed some of it while responding and so just seen.  i've learned to take correction even from those who really mean it for harm lol meaing from a wrong spirit/attitude. because yes, we know Him and recognize His voice when He speaks to us.

i'm glad we can talk freely here, aren't you? : )

well, don't you think we can get into war games over scripture? i've seen it to many times and think i've done that one before too : ) or are you speaking of, in a biblical manner? most can come up with all kinds of scripture to `prove' their point. there has to be a Higher way. wouldn't that be by our coming together in Spirit to hear what it is He is saying? whether through scripture or prophesy, teaching etc. which requires us to lay down what `we think we know.'

cleansing healing streams flow~~~~~~~

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 8:58pm | IP Logged  

I still have trouble taking correction from people who mean it for my harm, so you must be farther along than I am.  I used to argue over scripture all the time.  I was a religion major at one time, studied the languages, etc.  Then I changed majors to Philosophy and learned all about how to form logical arguments, and I used to enjoy mental "engagements".

Then the Lord started working on me.  I saw how vile and odoriferous pride really was in God's sight.  I started living more from my spirit and less from my mind.  His Word began doing a work in my heart, so now I am the last person to seek an argument, even though I am capable of doing so.  So I avoid arguments over scriptures, except where something real, real important is being discussed, of an eternal nature.  I would rather speak a few sentences from my spirit with the anointing on them than paragraphs of structurally sound logical arguments.  I would rather walk in a way that pleases Him, in love and humility, than seek to prove I am right in a mental showdown.  I nowdays get slightly nauseous at the word Theology even.  I really don't think its discussed that much in heaven, except for the matter of Jesus substitutionary death.  In heaven, its all about relationships, so that's what it should be all about down here.  Relationships between us and God. Between each other.  And preaching the Gospel to restore relationships with God to fallen man.  I think once His Word and His Spirit start working on us, that's the emphasis we end up having.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 10/27/2009 at 8:59pm

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/27/2009 at 9:40pm | IP Logged  

i don't know about the farther along thing Jeffrey,

i've been through alot in my walk with Him.

He brought correction in that way, for one, to remove from me the defending my thought life, actions or words( aka pride) that were not of His Kingdom..the rule of heaven, of God. boy did i fail miserably at first and then it came...the brokenness. where i didn't any longer feel the need to defend but could acknoweldge Him in it and regardless of what manner i could hear Him in and through the person/people. the other is that He asks of us to Love our enemies and He does have a way of bringing that about. : ) and in none of this am i saying, i am `perfected' in.

"I would rather walk in a way that pleases Him, in love and humility, than seek to prove I am right in a mental showdown.  I nowdays get slightly nauseous at the word Theology even.  I really don't think its discussed that much in heaven, except for the matter of Jesus substitutionary death.  In heaven, its all about relationships, so that's what it should be all about down here.  Relationships between us and God. Between each other.  And preaching the Gospel to restore relationships with God to fallen man.  I think once His Word and His Spirit start working on us, that's the emphasis we end up having."

amen amen amen! awesome! the good news of His Kingdom brings/manifests just that! relationship, righteousness(right-relating), joy and peace in Spirit.

we're learning, we're growing, we're going from glory to glory..not by (our) might, not by (our) power but by His Spirit.

Stacy McCarty

Posted: 10/28/2009 at 4:24pm | IP Logged  

Ok. I took note and will pray about this. If nothing happens then please,
John, check back in here on OH on the 26th and let us know why.

-
Stacy
View Stacy McCarty's Profile Search for other posts by Stacy McCarty
Dave Spencer

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 8:31am | IP Logged  

I asked the question, "what is the foundation of our nation" that this prophecy says will be shaken and no one answered so I asked the Lord and here is His answer.

That foundation is "manifest destiny" - the idea that the white man is destined to rule America and, by extension, the world.  That the white man is the race sent by God to show the way.  And the underlying principles used in the process are "the ends justify the means" and "might makes right".

This is in direct conflict with the Kingdom of God.

I must admit that I am doubtful about exact dates.

Father, let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven!  Amen!

With His Love,
Dave

Edited by Dave Spencer on 10/29/2009 at 9:50am
View Dave Spencer's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Spencer
Leslie Grewing

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 9:45am | IP Logged  

Dave, thanks for that posting. Provides lots to think about and consider.
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 11:50am | IP Logged  

I read the title of this post and this is what it said: Disacter is coming to America. In my spirit i read  " Dis(This) actor" is coming to America." 

Who is the actor? Well Jesus called the pharisees hypocrites, ACTORS.

Hypocrites are those who claim righteousness but only act it in public for show.

Disaster that may come to America is not about Liberals, (sinners and taxcollectors) it is about hypocrites (Religious pharisee Christians).

But then again, Disaster is alread here in the false pharisee system that has destroyed the spiritual lives of Millions in america...

Kris

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
DaleRosser

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 12:09pm | IP Logged  

The election of Obama was a form of judgement upon this land towards the church.

In case you didn't notice, Obama just signed the NDAA 2010 that makes homosexuality a protected class. Preaching against sin is no longer acceptable and will be punished by the heathen against the church.

However, many are to busy justifying this wicked man to see the truth.

Indeed, disaster is coming to this land, you will see and it is not because of (pharisees). I suppose you think a pharisee is one who would preach against sin, preach repentance and living right before the Lord. Indeed, persecution will come from within the church to those who believe in holiness and separation from the world.

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
View DaleRosser's Profile Search for other posts by DaleRosser
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 12:32pm | IP Logged  

Thanx Dale, I am a 44 year old male that has repented of being a political Christian in order to be a real one.

The pharisee church has opened the door to evil, not the other way around... You must fix the door to keep the devil out... WE hold the keys, We have opened the door, how, by LOVING this American life and liberty more then God Himself.

Mr. Kris Couchey

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 1:22pm | IP Logged  

We are commanded to judge prophecy. And I believe for this reason, many prophets do not always have an understandiong of all the meanings behind thier words. We judge to bring clarity and fullness not to destroy. Jeffrey was right, i am not saying evil is ok or Evil government is a good thing, i am seeing and speaking from my portion that is simply directing people to take thier focus off the people in the world who are being true to what they are, SINNERS, and on to the church who has not been what they are called to be.

Sinners sin, but unfortuneatley much of the church has not been true to what they are, they are being sinners and with a huge log in thier eyes trying to rip the splinter out of the worlds eye. Lets remove the log first and then we will be able to see to easily remove the splinter from the worlds eye. The lord has made it clear to me and i add my voice to the mix, Judgement TODAY is about His people, NOT about the world. And i stand by that as i have also heard from the Lord as our brother who gave this prophecy.

Judgement for the world is coming, but First it is unto God's house, to remove that and those that are not of Him. Unfortunateley the world is shaking as the Lord purifies his bride.

Kriston

Edited by Kriston Couchey on 10/29/2009 at 1:24pm

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 1:48pm | IP Logged  

Paul passed Judgment on a believer who was in sin, This was the judgment, he turned him over to Satan for the destruction of his flesh that his soul might be saved.

The judgment on the church is that Satan will be able to do with those who refuse to repent what he wills.  Judgment is the turning over of men to the consequences of thier own decisions.  This is the judgment of the church in America, rebellion has reaped a harvest of destruction. God is grieved. and the church in rebellion wants to point at the world and say, "but look at their sins!" God is saying, I am looking at you today!

The lord spoke to me years ago that the church united states will never fully recieve the message I have been given and many will reject me and many will hate me. My message is the kingdom. It is true, most of the church honors God with thier lips but thier hearts are far from Him. After a time of working here I am being sent to other nations instead who will recive the gospel of the kingdom with joy.

The church here WILL accept the gospel of the kingdom someday, after it has been sifted like wheat... do you like that???

Kris

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 1:59pm | IP Logged  

Dave Spencer wrote:

I asked the question, "what is the foundation of our nation" that this prophecy says will be shaken and no one answered so I asked the Lord and here is His answer.

That foundation is "manifest destiny" - the idea that the white man is destined to rule America and, by extension, the world.  That the white man is the race sent by God to show the way.  And the underlying principles used in the process are "the ends justify the means" and "might makes right".

This is in direct conflict with the Kingdom of God.

I must admit that I am doubtful about exact dates.

Father, let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven!  Amen!

With His Love,
Dave

Dave, You have hit on the basic spiritual stronghold of this nation PRIDE! A pride that the church has swallowed and will be its thorn in the flesh.

Ever heard the term American Pride, and Independent spirit? Two very telling phrases that tell us what the spiritual strongholds in this nation are. The Rebellion agianst England is another. Killing our government leaders for money and land.

it is bloodshed for taxes, and ethnic cleansing. Until the church stops worshipping the founding fathers and starts repenting for thier wickedness, a door of evil the church has endorsed and keeps open will ravage this nation..

Kris

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 2:36pm | IP Logged  

I will boil it down to it's simplist form. It called nationalistic pride. It's called the American way. It is the same spirit that worked in Nazi Germany, and it is alive and well and has a place in the lives of MANY American "Christians". Even some who claim to be "kingdom" minded. I deal with it all the time...

Kris

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 2:37pm | IP Logged  

simpler yet ANTICHRIST!

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 2:41pm | IP Logged  

This thread will be closing but left open for awhile if anyone has anything more to share.

Kriston Couchey wrote:
 i am seeing and speaking from my portion that is simply directing people to take thier focus off the people in the world who are being true to what they are, SINNERS, and on to the church who has not been what they are called to be.

Judgement TODAY is about His people, NOT about the world.

exactly. you know the saying.."if your pointing your finger, you have four more pointing back at you" He's passionately pursuing our hearts/souls, being conformed to Christ Jesus and His Kingdom.

i appreciate John's sincerity, however, and please don't take this in anyway other than for what it is. if there were warning of disaster for December 25th and knowing His Love is always redemptive by Nature, i think i would take an ad out in a paper, start making phones calls to the secular news and let it be known. then because of His great Love and Mercy they would be forewarned and space given for repentance..just as in the days of Noah, they were forwarned, given time to repent and enter the ark. all who refused, the unrighteous choosing darkness rather than Light, were removed.

majority of those here on or visiting Openheaven are seeking His Kingdom and are hungry and thirsty for Him. Lovers of God. the heart is one of passionately pursuing Christ Jesus and His Kingdom and being conformed to.

blessings, and as Ron always shares..Pursue Love it never fails and His Kingdom which will never end  

John Knight

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 3:24pm | IP Logged  

I thought the original prophecy was that America as a whole was going to be judged;it didn't mention that it was going to be specifically because of the sins of the church, as seems to be assumed here.Surely if the church is made up of TRUE believers, then their sins were atoned for in full at Calvary; they don't need to be judged again.Therefore any punishment will be aimed at 'those who obey not the Gospel of Christ'.Confused
View John Knight's Profile Search for other posts by John Knight
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 3:48pm | IP Logged  

The Lord gave prophecy to the Church as one of the Gifts of the Spirit.  Now, one should not accept every prophecy, but we must also try the spirits and make sure the prophecy aligns with the Bible.  Prophecy, tongues, interpretation, healing, faith, discerning of spirits and all the other gifts serve a valid purpose in the Church.  In most cases, words of prophecy are encouragement, but some also speak about future events - you see it operating that way in the Book of Acts when a prophet tells Paul he'll be bound and carried to Rome.  The Bible itself says "Despise not prophesyings".  Some teach that all the Gifts stopped operating when the last book of the bible was written - but that view is unbiblical.

Ken Hornsby

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 5:54pm | IP Logged  

What Bible did Jesus preach and teach from? What scripture did His teaching have to line up with? What or whom did Jesus come to judge? Who is the spirit of prophecy?

John 5:30-40

I can do nothing on my initiative. As I hear, I judge: and My judgement is just, because I do not seek my own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. If I alone bear witness of myself, My testimony is not true. There is Another who bears witness of Me, and I know the testimony which He bears of Me is true. You have sent to John, and he has borne witness to the truth. But the witness which I receive is not from man, but I say these things that you may be saved. He was the lamp that was burning and was shining and you were willing to rejoice for a while in His light. But the witness which I have is greater than that of John; for the works which the Father has given Me to accomplish, the very works that I do, bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me. And the Father who has sent Me, He has borne witness of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form. And you do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent. You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is these that bear witness of Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me, that you may have life.

In His Great Love,
Ken

View Ken Hornsby's Profile Search for other posts by Ken Hornsby
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 10/29/2009 at 5:59pm | IP Logged  

The Law and the Prophets.  Not only was He the fulfillment of many prophecies in the Law and the Prophets, everything He said was consistent with what was written in them.  This is because He Himself IS the Word - that is, He IS the Law and the Prophets, made flesh. 

And we must become full of His Word, so His Word can live through us, and when people see us, they see The Word being made flesh.  We are to be living epistles, written for the world to see.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 10/29/2009 at 6:01pm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version